Pages:
Author

Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association - page 89. (Read 249953 times)

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000
What were the reasons for the coin swaps on other coins? I believe they all had issues, were forked, or had other problems? A swap by itself doesn't indicate any specific reason a coin should tank, especially if it's swapping to gain new features. I'd think it's early enough in the coin's life that it wouldn't negatively affect any value, but I may be in the minority opinion there.

+1

We swap for a reason...a good reason
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
What were the reasons for the coin swaps on other coins? I believe they all had issues, were forked, or had other problems? A swap by itself doesn't indicate any specific reason a coin should tank, especially if it's swapping to gain new features. I'd think it's early enough in the coin's life that it wouldn't negatively affect any value, but I may be in the minority opinion there.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Hello community. I am sad to bring a bit of bad news, but after hours upon hours of testing, the new Tor client repeatedly forked when trying to connect to the live APEX blockchain. In short, APEX's genesis block, which was originally forked from BOOST, is incompatible with Tor. We have completed a different fork of APEX that has Tor, and it is fully functional, but cannot run it on the current blockchain without forking. The only way would be to perform a coinswap, much like CAIx and SHIBE did. Unfortunately, literally every coin that has attempted this has seen their prices tank into oblivion, and not a single one has recovered. That is a problem for us, as we have put a lot into this project and do not want to see our coin suffer such a fate. The multipool is still on the way in about 2 week's time, and we believe that if we focus on something else, such as a webkit wallet with built in Bittrex/Cryptsy exchange, we can continue without Tor. However, this coin is as much the community's as it is ours, and if everyone feels strongly enough for it, we can perform the coinswap. Just remember, for whatever reason, literally every coin that has done it has died. This is not an opinion, it is a lesson from history.

FYI, CAIx price didn't tank due to the coinswap, it tanked for many other reasons.

Be it as it may, not a single coin has coinswapped and survived, yet. APEX is still new enough where it might, but it is extremely risky, especially when we can still implement other features.

Do a weekend poll on swap?
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Hello community. I am sad to bring a bit of bad news, but after hours upon hours of testing, the new Tor client repeatedly forked when trying to connect to the live APEX blockchain. In short, APEX's genesis block, which was originally forked from BOOST, is incompatible with Tor. We have completed a different fork of APEX that has Tor, and it is fully functional, but cannot run it on the current blockchain without forking. The only way would be to perform a coinswap, much like CAIx and SHIBE did. Unfortunately, literally every coin that has attempted this has seen their prices tank into oblivion, and not a single one has recovered. That is a problem for us, as we have put a lot into this project and do not want to see our coin suffer such a fate. The multipool is still on the way in about 2 week's time, and we believe that if we focus on something else, such as a webkit wallet with built in Bittrex/Cryptsy exchange, we can continue without Tor. However, this coin is as much the community's as it is ours, and if everyone feels strongly enough for it, we can perform the coinswap. Just remember, for whatever reason, literally every coin that has done it has died. This is not an opinion, it is a lesson from history.

FYI, CAIx price didn't tank due to the coinswap, it tanked for many other reasons.

Be it as it may, not a single coin has coinswapped and survived, yet. APEX is still new enough where it might, but it is extremely risky, especially when we can still implement other features.
Activity: 682

Activity: 602
Activity: 682
Activity: 261
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

Would have been way cooler if they were both by @realwolong
Activity: 294
Time to get this rocket fueled
Activity: 616
Activity: 894
Merit: 1000
Today is TOR day :-)
Looking forward to it!

Regards

Goldmaxx
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
decentralized marketplace would be fcking amazing! lets do it  Grin Grin Grin how will this tor integration work will we need to update wallets? perhaps we can implement anonymous features such as anon sending, something like keycoin has right now but in experimental stages. lets make it happen boys make this coin go to fcking mars.,

I would think any changes would require updating the wallet if it changes the source code.  I am usually up to date on my wallets so updating doesn't matter to me much because I know I'll always be on the same blockchain.  Smiley
yeah id like to hear what the apex devs thoughts are on this, perhaps we could spend a small amount of apex and get anon sending on its way Smiley
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
decentralized marketplace would be fcking amazing! lets do it  Grin Grin Grin how will this tor integration work will we need to update wallets? perhaps we can implement anonymous features such as anon sending, something like keycoin has right now but in experimental stages. lets make it happen boys make this coin go to fcking mars.,

It's very good idea.May be anon sending like XC
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
While we do our final tests to meet tomorrow's Tor deadline, we would like to invite everyone to participate in choosing the next feature APEX will adapt. If the feature you want is not listed, please comment and we will add it to the list so it can receive votes. The poll will last 7 days.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pollapex-what-feature-should-we-adapt-next-708642

I'm actually leaning towards a new wallet although the current wallet is an updated wallet as well so hmmmmm.....
I'm more of a lurker than a poster.. Wink

anyway: i would vote

Acceptance on Bitcoin Merchant network (like VeriBit) - It may take a while, but it'll be worth it! (months)

if i could

Maybe post it on the poll thread so dev can add it to the count.  I haven't decided which feature to pick yet, they all sound like a neat feature to have.
Activity: 81
I'm more of a lurker than a poster.. Wink

anyway: i would vote

Acceptance on Bitcoin Merchant network (like VeriBit) - It may take a while, but it'll be worth it! (months)

if i could
how many posts does one need to vote on a poll?

Not sure, there doesn't seem to be a guide somewhere on this forum stating the exact figures either. 
Pages:
Jump to: