Pages:
Author

Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association - page 85. (Read 249953 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hey Everyone,

A bit of simple PR you can do:
Vote for APEXCoin on Coin Ticker App (IOS/idk about Android). I submitted the coin to receive votes to be added to the list of coins the app tracks. With enough votes, it can be added and recognized. I use this app all the time to track my currencies! It keeps a log of how much you've gained or lost as well.

Get Going, IOS Users!!

Is there a website to vote?  I'm an android user so.....

There's no website, but for those who have Apple products, get the app, go to Settings, then go to vote!
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
@apexdevteam: The total amount of coins should be added to the ann as estimate was 5m, but ended up with 6m.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I'm not sure if we should discuss the advantages or disadvantages of anonymous transactions further. However since we might still want it in APEX (with a swap) we might want to keep going.

Just stop me if a decision has already been made.

But isn't that the problem?  Companies especially large companies like Fortune 500 wants and requires accountability otherwise employees can easily steal money and you can't track it and you can't perform proper audits as required.  Anon is cool for laundering but for business, it's going to get abused by employees and the business will be scrutinized by the fed.  For example, look at darknet, it was cool for anon but now the fed is all over in it for the very same reason.

as I see this, you still have a local ledger showing what addresses you have paid or received from, there is still complete accountability within a company. Abuse by employees is always possible, but it already is with "creative accounting". With a company shell around the wallet, transactions can be managed more securely, with accountable employees approving outgoing transactions.

I would have to agree here. Full anonymity with electronic payments serve very little real world function.

The only reasons I can think of, as to why a person or entity would want or require FULL anonymity in a monetary exchange would be:

- Avoiding Taxes (Illegal)
- Purchasing Illegal Items such as drugs, weapons, etc. (Illegal)
- Funding regimes or making contributions to organizations who perform illegal activities. (Illegal)

Am I missing anything here? Because Bitcoin, paired to a hush mail or gmail account is honestly "anonymous" enough for 99.999% of most users. The CIA, FBI, or NSA are not going to, nor are they interested in "tracking" small BTC payments from person to person for ordinary purchases, and no one without the tools those organizations have exclusive access to are unlikely to be able to track down a BTC payment to a specific person.

If you ask me the entire "Anon" concept is just an over-hyped gimmick. Make a BTC payment to me. I doubt that ANYONE here would actually be able to track that payment to my actual identity.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Strato

As a buyer I agree. As a public merchant with easily retrieved IP address(es), without anon, the whole transaction history might eventually be known. As BTC grows more popular, there will be entrepreneurs that start linking merchant BTC addresses to IP addresses, and make this information available for a small fee. Knowledge is still power in a lot of cases.

I do agree the anon-functionality is over-hyped. However there might be a valid demand for it in the future.

with the use of anon for illegal purposes, I agree anon would more easily facilitate illegal transactions (BTC and cash can also be used for this, but not as easy). And I hope the "next solution" would be to minimize this as much as possible.
Activity: 278
Hey Everyone,

Vote for APEXCoin on Coin Ticker App (IOS/idk about Android). I submitted the coin to receive votes to be added to the list of coins the app tracks. With enough votes, it can be added and recognized. I use this app all the time to track my currencies! It keeps a log of how much you've gained or lost as well.

Get Going, IOS Users!!

Is there a website to vote?  I'm an android user so.....
Activity: 41
Hey Everyone,

Get Going, IOS Users!!
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
Just wanted to give a brief update. Wallet with webkit functions is mostly designed. Working out some quirks and issues. These things are not exactly copy & paste so take some time to get right, but we hope to get it to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Talking about serious dev! Well done!
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

There's actually a merchant coin in development, which I cannot say what the coin is because they have not launched yet, that would disagree with your disagreement.  They actually believe merchants would prefer to not go anon.  However the verdict is as good as any for all we know, we just have to ask the merchants themselves.  Smiley

Do you have a use case where non anonymous transactions would be advantageous over anonymous transaction?

Anonymous transaction will never be implemented by merchants because they cannot prove said transactions thus cannot be taxable.
Period.

People need to understand that anon coins are just useless for real world merchants, they can only work on the darknet

I would have to agree here. Full anonymity with electronic payments serve very little real world function.

The only reasons I can think of, as to why a person or entity would want or require FULL anonymity in a monetary exchange would be:

- Avoiding Taxes (Illegal)
- Purchasing Illegal Items such as drugs, weapons, etc. (Illegal)
- Funding regimes or making contributions to organizations who perform illegal activities. (Illegal)

Am I missing anything here? Because Bitcoin, paired to a hush mail or gmail account is honestly "anonymous" enough for 99.999% of most users. The CIA, FBI, or NSA are not going to, nor are they interested in "tracking" small BTC payments from person to person for ordinary purchases, and no one without the tools those organizations have exclusive access to are unlikely to be able to track down a BTC payment to a specific person.

If you ask me the entire "Anon" concept is just an over-hyped gimmick. Make a BTC payment to me. I doubt that ANYONE here would actually be able to track that payment to my actual identity.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Strato
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Just wanted to give a brief update. Wallet with webkit functions is mostly designed. Working out some quirks and issues. These things are not exactly copy & paste so take some time to get right, but we hope to get it to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
finally some good news coming in
good job dev
i'll be patient
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
Well, just checked the price of the coin, and it looks rather lovely, I see.

Although the devs have hesitations, would anyone really mind if they just did the so-called dreaded coin swap/fork to TOR? I suggested a giveaway instead, but swap, giveaway, whatever... at least it's something.

I mean, how much lower could the coin go if you did the swap? At least you are doing it for a reason, rather than because the coin is broken. Either that better be one hell of a wallet upgrade the devs are working on, or they should just take a chance and do the swap.
Activity: 142
Anonymous transaction will never be implemented by merchants because they cannot prove said transactions thus cannot be taxable.
Period.

People need to understand that anon coins are just useless for real world merchants, they can only work on the darknet

I don't understand this statement. It's like saying I have been paid (received currency on my address), but I don't know where it came from so it is not taxable.

It's comparable to being paid in cash for goods and not knowing the identity of the person that paid with cash. I don't see the problem.

Yes, I lol'd.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

rovertdivaio: I think it is smart to understand how money works before you start trading currencies.

LOL, I trade currencies for a profession, you buy & sell 0.1 btc of alts & believe ur a trader

No, because when you pay with cash you (person) get a receipt, as it is with paypal and visa, with anon electronic transactions you don't.

I lol'd some more.

1. How is it relevant how much I trade with? Smiley But no, I don't do 0.1 trades.

2. Anon transactions covers the tracks of the transaction (like cash):
If a merchant wishes to issue a reciept this is possible with anon transaction & cash.
If a merchant wishes NOT to issue a reciept this is possible with anon transaction & cash.

But isn't that the problem?  Companies especially large companies like Fortune 500 wants and requires accountability otherwise employees can easily steal money and you can't track it and you can't perform proper audits as required.  Anon is cool for laundering but for business, it's going to get abused by employees and the business will be scrutinized by the fed.  For example, look at darknet, it was cool for anon but now the fed is all over in it for the very same reason.
Period.

I don't understand this statement. It's like saying I have been paid (received currency on my address), but I don't know where it came from so it is not taxable.

It's comparable to being paid in cash for goods and not knowing the identity of the person that paid with cash. I don't see the problem.

rovertdivaio: I think it is smart to understand how money works before you start trading currencies.

LOL, I trade currencies for a profession, you buy & sell 0.1 btc of alts & believe ur a trader

No, because when you pay with cash you (person) get a receipt, as it is with paypal and visa, with anon electronic transactions you don't.

I lol'd some more.

1. How is it relevant how much I trade with? Smiley But no, I don't do 0.1 trades.

2. Anon transactions covers the tracks of the transaction (like cash):
If a merchant wishes to issue a reciept this is possible with anon transaction & cash.
If a merchant wishes NOT to issue a reciept this is possible with anon transaction & cash.

Activity: 49
Period.

Period.

Yes, I lol'd.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Period.

There's actually a merchant coin in development, which I cannot say what the coin is because they have not launched yet, that would disagree with your disagreement.  They actually believe merchants would prefer to not go anon.  However the verdict is as good as any for all we know, we just have to ask the merchants themselves.  Smiley

Do you have a use case where non anonymous transactions would be advantageous over anonymous transaction?

Period.

Almost every merchant in the world accepts anon transactions today!!!

It is called..... C A S H!
Activity: 49

Period.

Tell MINTPAL about the future plans of APEX. Maybe they are willing to add it as a ninja add. It has potential to have big volume when price is this low.
Activity: 90
We are not working on a new coin, we are working on a new wallet.

good    Tongue
i am working on my wallet,too

Pages:
Jump to: