Pages:
Author

Topic: Appeal the ban "CoinIdol News" account - page 3. (Read 872 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
September 16, 2020, 01:31:58 AM
Also, BPIP relies on the scraped data of LoyceV, in which LoyceV also admitted he made mistakes (I can't remember when and on what topic I read it, but I am sure there was a case that BPIP and LoyceV listed a user to be banned yet found active recently).

BPIP scrapes ban info directly from modlog so there shouldn't be any major inaccuracies, with the exception of old bans (prior to BPIP's existence). We also detect users who start posting again and mark them as "unbanned".

CoinIdol News didn't have modlog entry so the account is either banned temporarily or got a "special" permaban that doesn't show up in modlog. Considering that all of their posts have been deleted I don't really understand why it wouldn't be banned permanently.

As an Editor at Coinidol.com I want to appeal this ban and find out why the account is suspended and publications deleted?
We do not make advertising, we post our news.

This is a discussion forum, not a backup of your site. Simply copying your "news" here doesn't contribute anything of value.

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
September 16, 2020, 01:15:46 AM
If it is a temporary ban, I sure think that it deserves a permanent one. Accounts in general that only spam the forums just to get link clicks to articles that aren't even good deserves to be banned, including that Coinpedia.org one.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 450
September 16, 2020, 01:10:14 AM
I do not know if it's a permanent ban,.........
Since there is no record on BPIP, the account has been banned temporarily.

AFAIK, BPIP isn't that kinda accurate. Some of the users that are listed banned in it aren't really banned after some have found it being active recently. Also, BPIP relies on the scraped data of LoyceV, in which LoyceV also admitted he made mistakes (I can't remember when and on what topic I read it, but I am sure there was a case that BPIP and LoyceV listed a user to be banned yet found active recently).

We recently found out that the account of "CoinIdol News" on Bitcointalk was banned with no explanation or notification.

As an Editor at Coinidol.com I want to appeal this ban and find out why the account is suspended and publications deleted?

Can our account and publications be restored?

The answer is simple, if the account you've mentioned are just Temporarily Banned, then you can soon have it back. But if it was Permanently Banned, then you cannot. Either of those cases, your posts being deleted due to either spam or whatsoever wouldn't be retrieved (some are on archival and off-limits to you), and either way, forum would let the CoinIdol News on which rules they had violated. If ever it would be permanently banned and you are endorsing it nor being an alt of that user, it would somehow lead to ban evasion which is also prohibited and would ban you as well (In which I guess you must also be banned just by judging your past posts)
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
September 15, 2020, 05:45:08 PM
I do not know if it's a permanent ban,.........
Since there is no record on BPIP, the account has been banned temporarily.

To OP:

Given your post history, the account you are using now deserves to be banned as well.
Change your posting style or you will be banned permanently.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
September 15, 2020, 05:27:23 PM
Instead of you appealing to us, can we appeal to you instead?  It would be great if you could improve the quality of your contributions to the forum.  I've seen numerous comments from other users who find your posts tedious at best.  Anyone can regurgitate the content of an article.  It takes no effort to do that.  It's not like your articles are even that well written.

It's clear you see these forums as nothing more than a free way to drive traffic to your site and boost your page impressions.  That needs to change.  You need to do better and offer up some higher quality posts.  Preferably something better than the standard set in the articles on your site.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
September 15, 2020, 05:09:23 PM
I do not know if it's a permanent ban, but that user coindolnews was famous for posting BS that always got deleted, IIRC, that user most times gets the whole of their posts deleted by the moderator, prolly mods have decided to ban, nuke or tem ban that user. See this thread complaining about coindolnews' BS posting activities made by LeGaulois: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54573547
If it's a temporary ban, yes the account will be restored when the ban time elapses, but for the BS publications made from that account, no, not at all, it's spam and it wouldn't be restored nor do we need any more of it in the forum (mostly on the press section).
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
September 15, 2020, 05:02:05 PM
There's normally an explanation on the ban message when you log in afaik.

Also your posts probably can't be restored anyway as your deleted posts are hard deleted on the forums server, but you ought be able to find them in drafts on bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=drafts from the banned account, you ought want to back these up just in case.
Activity: 32
Merit: 10
September 15, 2020, 04:55:42 PM
Dear moderators of Bitcointalk

We recently found out that the account of "CoinIdol News" on Bitcointalk was banned with no explanation or notification.

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: