Pages:
Author

Topic: [April fools] New new rank requirements - page 10. (Read 11583 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
We appreciate the effort to enhance and make this forum a harmonious community but sir can you please make a eloborative chart how to rank up positivion like specifically with number given or legend. Thank you so much
Activity: 476
Merit: 14
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Hi nullius,
You made me laugh continuously after reading the thread. Which kind of funny badge you suppose. Yeah, Theymos, forum admin should consider add the badge into current abdge types of he keep operating new new rank requirements.
Fortunately, this one mostly like a joke, big joke for the first of April
So he might ignore your suggestions.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2610
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
Topic:fMerit MLCG virtue underflow privilege escalation
Announced:2018-04-01
Credit:Tailored Access Operations
Fort Meade, Maryland, U.S.A.
Severity:Critical
CVE Name:CVE-2018-18A1

I. Background

A linear congruential generator is not considered to be a CSPRNG.

II. Problem Description l33t sploit c0de

The modified linear congruential generator used to calculate fMerit has a biased distribution.  Users with low virtue may exploit this bias to uprank to Administrator, thus gaining total control of the forum.

To deter abuse, the 0day POC exploit has been coded in Brainfuck:

Code:
-,+[-[>>++++[>+++++
+++<-]<+<-[>+>+>-[>
>>]<[[>+<-]>>+>]<<<
<<-]]>>>[-]+>--[-[<
->+++[-]]]<[+++++++
+++++<[>-[>+>>]>[+[
<+>-]>+>>]<<<<<-]>>
[<+>-]>[-[-<<[-]>>]
<<[<<->>-]>>]<<[<<+
>>-]]<[-]<.[-]<-,+]

III. Impact

Bitcoin Forum pwned!

IV. Workaround

Switching from Cloudflare to a RFC 3514 compliant packet filter will stop the pwnage, and also prevent DDoS attacks—and also block Cloudflare.

V. Solution

Upgrade the fMerit system to use a properly seeded CSPRNG.

So, how long to process this before I get my ethical hacker symbol badge?
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
April fool day is over still these stats are here. So this is real!?

I can't get over it  Undecided
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Dear Sir Thymos,
please
please
please
I beg you is, is this an April fool. We are in 2nd April, If i can still see this new parameters on besides my account ,then is not April fool. But please sir thymos, can you please help me clarify this. How many please am I permitted to type in my post. Please don't misunderstand me of using please please because you said that gives me more politeness on my rank and I need more. . But please sir,I am still confused on how I will rank up with this new system. I am a Buddhist and believe in Karma, so please raised my karma for me, is too low. And please sir , I forget to tell you that, I do concentration a lot and I am very imaginative  but my imagination is zero.
please thank you sir

Me and my buddies on Easter Holiday but I was told you sir thymos has make a new rule and I quickly need to come to my pc to see for myself. They sent their greetings to you.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

You have no choice but to be polite when speaking with Sir hilarious&co. Everyone is obligated for the "Sir" thingy.
The problem with this is, should we add another sir ? Wink

This might not be April fools day guys, Its the second day of April and the Stats are still here; There is no such thing as fooling people on April 2nd - STATS ARE REAL.

Happy April Fools jamesndungu1. That's a great joke!  
Activity: 162
Merit: 16
Critic of Filipino Translators
This action is obviously made to improve this forum, however, I am still confused on how those category work. Maybe we might need some more illustrative elaboration. Sir theymos, kindly elaborate more for easy understanding.
Activity: 434
Merit: 25
This might not be April fools day guys, Its the second day of April and the Stats are still here; There is no such thing as fooling people on April 2nd - STATS ARE REAL.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K
Not that easy to understand with all that explanation but undergoing with the same thing i am doing everyday might help me understand, Progress is good some functions i really liked it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"
While merit improved things a lot, clearly more adjustments were necessary. Therefore, some new rank requirements have been added in addition to the old requirements.

The new rank components are:

Activity & Merit
As before.

Politeness
How polite you have been in your posts, using language such as "please" and "sir". Politeness is after all the cornerstone of any good community.

fMerit
An obvious extension on top of Merit, sMerit, and source merit. It is calculated using this simple formula:
Code:
min((1103515245*(uid+activity)+12345) % (1<<10),(1103515245*posts+12345) % (1<<10), (1103515245*merit+12345) % (1<<10))

Imagination
Bitcoin would not even exist without Satoshi's impressive imagination, so I've decided to take this into account on the forum. Imaginative people are those who have posted many images.

Virtue
This is an upright, God-fearing community which will suffer no witchcraft or other heresy. This stat measures your moral virtue. Warning: those with low virtue may be visited by the holy inquisition.

Coins
How many different coins you have invested in. A good Bitcointalker will maintain a reasonable balance between conservative (100% yearly return) and aggressive (7% weekly return) tokens/coins.

This is how many non-scammer trust ratings you have both sent and received. Due to our strict moderation of the trust system, this is sure to be a highly reliable measure of your reliability vis-à-vis the trust system.

Previously a lot of people were posting questions about the ranking system, so I decided to simplify it. Just put the highest-order 10 bits of each number into a grid in this configuration:

Then run Conway's Game of Life on the cells. If the cells never stop moving even after infinite steps, then you advance to the next rank.

For example, consider someone with these stats:
Merit: 40
Activity: 56
Politeness: 36
fMerit: 56
Imagination: 36
Virtue: 40
Coins: 56
This gives you a grid like:

This never ends, so the person will advance in rank.

Rank adjustments happen every week on Tuesday, and you can only go up 1 rank per week.

Hopefully this easy-to-understand, graphical ranking system will put to rest many users' questions and concerns once and for all.
Finally, i have read the explanation of the new updates. Hopefully, these updates will be easier especially for the new ones in this forum Thanks!  Wink Wink Cheesy
Activity: 99
Merit: 1
Damn it, Sir again, one more time in one more thread.
Let's take it easy, guy. You don't have to and should not call everyone in the forum with Sir. Sir. Sir. and Sir.
Be respect to yourself first and take advantage to over come the odds between new rank system and new new rank system.
Honestly, I think new new rank system is simply big joke.

Wait to see what it really is.

Sir, yes sir!
Understood, sir!
Activity: 357
Merit: 100
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST : Airdrop & Bounty Hunter
I just post and comment on threads, and those bounties i joined in. What about imagination? Do i have to post pic related to my posts?

And now, we will see those post with with sirs, and pleases.  ;

thanks sir for this thread.  Grin Grin

sir theymos
~
Damn it, Sir again, one more time in one more thread.
Let's take it easy, guy. You don't have to and should not call everyone in the forum with Sir. Sir. Sir. and Sir.
Be respect to yourself first and take advantage to over come the odds between new rank system and new new rank system.
Honestly, I think new new rank system is simply big joke.

Wait to see what it really is.
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
Telegram Moderator, Hire me
Will I gain another one? Grin

Politeness, Imagination, and Coins were calculated based on all of your past posts, but they don't update real-time. fMerit, Virtue, and Karma do update roughly every 20 minutes. But only Staff, Donators, or VIPs will find themselves able to adjust their Virtue that quickly.
sir theymos it is a great update thank you, i hope merit will soon be like this though not updating in real time but can be calculated and give merits to members in this forum, its just my opinion sir. thank you for your hard work in maintaining this forum a good enviroment to all.
~
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
to get better politeness rating?

oh boy....
~
Ok, thanks Theymos, the contents have been quoted many many times after your announcement about new new rank requirements. I don't think posts like this is constructive, high-quality, merit-deserved, something like nonsense, shitty and should be eliminated out of the bitcointalk forum somehow at some days. Will you have plan for new system, new new new new rank requirements to fight against those new wave of language abusements?
Activity: 140

i think this new profiling system is too complicated and no one will understand it.

how is virtue calculated? for example or do i have to write

Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
Sir please Sir please
to get better politeness rating?

oh boy....
Hi, sir, are you serious? As long as this can your rank be upgraded?
Shouldn't it be so simple?
Still, someone knows where to run Then Conway's Game of Life on the cells? I want to have a try, thanks a lot.
Activity: 147
Ladys and Gentlemen,
if this politness thing results in everybody calling everybody Sir, you guys could actually keep this.  Grin

With the new new rank requirements, we have seen more and more threads which overused Sir., Mr. inside. Some kind of non-sense additional words into threads (most of them are non-sense threads, too).
We have seen and will witness massive abusement waves of overusing Mr., Sir.
Haha, thanks Theymos, I think it is great for the April the first and the forum. You will have to make intensive efforts to solve new waves of shitty-threads with Sir, Mr. abusements.
legendary
Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003
Ladys and Gentlemen,
if this politness thing results in everybody calling everybody Sir, you guys could actually keep this.  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
I don't understand this new system and I refuse to read about it but I'm sure it's great so I shall rank up in no time.

Not sure what rank comes after Legendary but I hope it gives me a full-page signature space so that I could shill my sponsors TO THE MOON!!!

After legendary we have Bugs bunny.
BTW SIR suchmoon, you forgot to add SIR and PLEASE in your post in order to maintain your Politeness at high level  Tongue
Edit : and ah you need to change "refuse to" by "will not"
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I don't understand this new system and I refuse to read about it but I'm sure it's great so I shall rank up in no time.

Not sure what rank comes after Legendary but I hope it gives me a full-page signature space so that I could shill my sponsors TO THE MOON!!!
Pages:
Jump to: