Pages:
Author

Topic: [April fools] New new rank requirements - page 5. (Read 11583 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106
Could have been for better, though  Grin

Ya, next time you will be give the opportunity to arrange this.

I really appreciate the admin taking time to do the required coding for all those stats that were being displayed. It would be interesting to know how much time it took for him. Also, did any major blog covered it among the best online April fools by websites this year. I checked some lists and they only contained those who created videos to fool their users.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
What a crap! Not funny at all Theymos Angry
I am new here, is it normal for every year to post such jokes?
Haha... chillax mate that was really April fools on the first day.
I thought also that was a new ranking rule and that was we more hard to get rank up here.
Everyone here in forum those new members except me is confused what it is.

Well, you get me, sir theymos. BRAVO! Grin Grin
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
P.S., Dr. Cerimon shall must needs advise on how best to program the forum software to distinguish between good and ill humours.

After briefly making it up in my head consulting my most revered texts, it is clear to me that the humourless shitposters are of the sanguine temperament - enjoy being part of a crowd (megathreads), enthusiastic and outgoing (constantly spamming), boisterous, and have a hard time relaxing. The are certainly not choleric (independent, logical), melancholic (thoughtful, introverted) or phlegmatic (quiet, sympathetic).

As we all know, the sanguine temperament is linked closely to the blood humour, which is also warm and moist. It seems logical, then, that the best treatment for these humourless shitposters, is either complete derision with cold, dry sarcasm, or bloodletting, perhaps of their entire blood volume. I will begin organising a randomised control trial immediately.

Honestly, I did wonder about about in some way locally tagging all the people who did not get the joke for my own benefit - not to say they are untrustworthy per se, just that they are colossally dense.

With this being an April Fools joke (who'd have thunk it!?), I am very upset that I wasted all that time creating an Ultimate Guide to ranking up as fast as possible. Seems only fair for theymos to recompense me with 200 virtue points.

Did you have to post using such vocabulary to just say that we are a bunch of cheerful monkeys? should I remind everybody here about the cheerfulness  of some of the esteemed members of this community after laying eyes on a naked and young body of a girl? we are all animals. there are a few with their heads on their shoulders, the others have their heads somewhere else. (people don't even know what is April fools day, you have posted this to prove that you are above these monkeys because of your English?)

Since it was technically a joke, I probably shouldn't read too much into this, however, this means Lauda would have ended up with 0 for virtue and have been the lowest member of virtue on the forum. Interesting?

There were some accusations about a few DT1-2 accounts as bought accounts by the ~Cat and the friends. why are you acting like a bought account? cough QS bought this account cough. why are people saying one thing but are doing something else? is merit one of the seven keys of the quest by the gods? cough revealing our true nature cough?
Activity: 218
Merit: 12
What a crap! Not funny at all Theymos Angry
I am new here, is it normal for every year to post such jokes?
Activity: 48
Merit: 2
Could have been for better, though  Grin
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Shame there's no option to keep the scores for that (it'd be an interesting thing to track).
We could really do with it reinstating quite sad when I came to the forum this morning to see only "activity"/"merit"/"posts" and not all of them. a nice datadump of the information monthly would be appreciated at least sir Theymos plese.

Yes PLEASE SIR theymos PLEAAAAAAASE accept SIR bill gator prayers (at least for politeness with a timer reseted every period PLEASE) Roll Eyes
(ok half serious since all the posts will start with dear SIR X, PLEASE... Regards SIR Tongue )

The bold wouldn't be recognised by theymos' system... Sad.

Not to sound condescending, but it was somewhat obvious that the stats were related to April fools, and very entertaining seeing some of the replies here.

- Politeness was how many times you used "please", "sir", "pardon", "apprecia*", "may I", "thanks", and "thank you" in past posts. This is poking a bit of fun at the people who are unnecessarily polite like this.
Why poke fun at politeness?  The world would be better off with more of it.

This was because lots of people here had an issue with mainly eastern people being taught to say "sir" and use politeness when talking to people above them. I sort of get why they have an issue with it but didn't seem there to be much of a problem, if someone wants to call me "sir" then they can do it, my response isn't going to be much different. Though theymos made a few replies to that discussion connoting how funny it was when he gets messages that start that way from many people.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
 Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Ya got me good, Theymos...
Activity: 57
Wow very impressive new requirement of April fool's joke.  Grin
I observed that everything is accordance with self evaluation and motivation to maintain self satisfactory if necessary to one self mirror in this systematic system.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Not to sound condescending, but it was somewhat obvious that the stats were related to April fools, and very entertaining seeing some of the replies here.

Good news is, I have the same amount of virtue as theymos.
Bad news is, I'm apparently not polite enough  Huh

Can you help me occupy my brain? Grin
Looking back, my post is even more humorous now that I know how politeness/virtue were actually being calculated.  Cheesy

Since it was technically a joke, I probably shouldn't read too much into this, however, this means Lauda would have ended up with 0 for virtue and have been the lowest member of virtue on the forum. Interesting?

- Politeness was how many times you used "please", "sir", "pardon", "apprecia*", "may I", "thanks", and "thank you" in past posts. This is poking a bit of fun at the people who are unnecessarily polite like this.
Why poke fun at politeness?  The world would be better off with more of it. The only keyword I may agree with to poke fun at here is "Sir" Smiley
Please, Sir, pardon my politeness, but may I be the first to say that a thanks is in order? .. because this was very much appreciated.. thank you.  Cool

All in all, this was fun and entertaining.

Gleb/Phinnaeus wins the award for best Bitcointalker overall! Smiley
And congratulations to Gleb, well deserved!  Cheesy

Now, Sir, to honor you... we shall hoist you up on our shoulders in a pink tutu and parade you around the forum.
(Don't get too excited nullius, I do not believe he does erotic skype sessions. *cough*alia*cough*)  Wink

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
haha damn it, you got me  Roll Eyes
SIR, my apologies but you have -1 politeness for using the word d*mn

i would love to have that "politeness" one back but maybe renamed to "rudeness" based on swears, condescending posts etc. might even be useful lol.
Merit demerit / politeness rudeness?
Prefer +1 -1 and keep just the total score shown. Politeness link will have the details.

maybe an "average post length" too, as long as we are dreaming up "useful" stats..
Nah, too much char counts doesn't mean that the post is good. Personally prefer short texts (2-3 lines).

theymos, would you be a darling and allow an option for us to remain in April Fools mode?
Please, sir.
Yes PLEASE SIR theymos PLEAAAAAAASE accept SIR bill gator prayers (at least for politeness with a timer reseted every period PLEASE) Roll Eyes
(ok half serious since all the posts will start with dear SIR X, PLEASE... Regards SIR Tongue )
Activity: 287
Merit: 10
I knew it was April fool and no way the merit system will be replaced by any other new system as long as it favors the forum. I was however worried how some calculations were done and how algorithm can determine how virtues and politeness is measured.
Activity: 112
Merit: 6
haha damn it, you got me  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
i would love to have that "politeness" one back but maybe renamed to "rudeness" based on swears, condescending posts etc. might even be useful lol.

maybe an "average post length" too, as long as we are dreaming up "useful" stats..
Activity: 92
Dear SIR Theymos,
with the new stats and new rules coming up once in every few months, i feel community is getting bit messier because of lot of them are unclear on the updates! However with the changes taking in place there wont be any kind of crap posts, quality content exists.
Please come up with something by removing ranking system and place some other metric with other placed stats.

THANK YOU SIR
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
Now that the extra stats are gone, I sort of wish that they were still around. theymos, would you be a darling and allow an option for us to remain in April Fools mode? It was too enjoyable and complex for a simple 1-day playground. I would like to see some very interesting rolls in the Game of Life.

It might be interesting to see how many people continue as if it is real, without actually changing the rank-up rules, but allowing the joke to play out longer. Please, sir.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
I was honestly shocked what happens to my account that I thought the new system will be added forever. If it happens low members will hardly to rank up or the signature campaigners will hardly to join in a signature campaign if its required.

Well. I'm glad that it's just a joke because of April fools. Grin
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Honestly, I did wonder about about in some way locally tagging all the people who did not get the joke for my own benefit - not to say they are untrustworthy per se, just that they are colossally dense.

There is this little known feature called "Ignore". Works brilliantly as a shitposting tag.

Having said that, I rarely use it. Every day is like April Fools with these folks. I like cheap amusement.
Activity: 126
Merit: 3
Joe's Signatureless Challenge
Really really well done. Well thought out and definitely in keeping with what million merit posts!

Had me hook line and sinker I was messaging people asking them to help me understand how it works and asking on reddit and everything.

Won’t get me next year
Activity: 140
April 1

I was right. It was an April Fools Day joke.

That joke comes with a lot of effort and I commend OP for that. And because you got a lot of merits, I could say that Merit is perishable so you can share it with us (do not delay)  Grin

I applaud the OP (bitcointalk Admin) as well.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
Dear SIR theymos,
Put the politeness score back or i will not say SIR anymore! However I will keep saying PLEASE sometimes tho. Yep, and add a -1 points for every bad word PLEASE.
THANK YOU SIR Theymos Tongue

@Semi-serious mode: I think that we saw yesterday an effective way to make the community more "polite".
Pages:
Jump to: