Pages:
Author

Topic: [ARCHIVE] Bitcoin challenge discusion - page 5. (Read 28991 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 1
November 19, 2019, 04:22:57 PM
Now the section "Get R, S and Z values from a Raw Bitcoin Transaction" on the 2coin.org resource often freezes and does not work.
Is there any other resource similar to 2coin.org?
That's why I ask - Is there any other resource similar to 2coin.org?
Perhaps there is a stand-alone script or software option on GitHub?
Maybe this help you https://github.com/tintinweb/ecdsa-private-key-recovery

Thank you for the advice, but It is difficult for me .
I don’t know how to work it.
Here, probably, you need to work in Python, but I do not know programming.
I need ready-made software, script or website.
Activity: 255
Merit: 27
November 19, 2019, 02:02:21 PM
Now the section "Get R, S and Z values from a Raw Bitcoin Transaction" on the 2coin.org resource often freezes and does not work.
Maybe this help you https://github.com/tintinweb/ecdsa-private-key-recovery
November 19, 2019, 12:57:31 PM
Activity: 443
Merit: 350
November 19, 2019, 07:35:20 AM
-snip-
For addresses that have an output transaction, people retrieve R, S and Z values from a  Bitcoin Transaction.
The process of obtaining (extracting) R, S and Z values from a Bitcoin Transaction is known and understandable to me.
Another thing is not clear - the practical application of the parameters R, S and Z. Is there a thread on this forum that discusses the practical application of these parameters R, S and Z?

This is the general principle of digital signatures. Having the private key the owner can sign any message (as well as the outgoing transaction). Signature of the message is a point. After that anybody can verify this signature with the public key.

Here is the general description:
https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/guides/how-do-digital-signatures-in-bitcoin-work/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_Curve_Digital_Signature_Algorithm
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/32628/redeeming-a-raw-transaction-step-by-step-example-required/32695#32695

Some topics on bitcointalk:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/question-on-der-encoding-of-signature-pair-r-s-653313
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/does-every-transaction-have-r-s-and-z-values-5147948
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/calculating-z-values-for-a-bitcoin-transaction-1796142

And secondly, the 2coin.org resource often freezes and does not work.
Tell me.

What is your main goal? If you just need to take r, s values from raw transaction - you can easily do it. The structure of the transaction is described in the links provided earlier by me.
If you want to understand how these values are calcualted - the description is also in the links above.

For more details, google for "DER signatures".
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 19, 2019, 04:29:41 AM
It depends what expenses you have. I'm using my small rig to heat my home so actually it's paying itself by just generating heat. Everything else is just pure profit.

Just like the old days of mining Bitcoin. Smiley

I live in a warm temperate to arid area, so the excess heat is usually unwanted, except in the coldest parts of Winter. The temperature today is going to peak around 35 degrees C.

...surely there must be a more efficient way to heat your house? Your GPU is basically like a simple foot heater, so its efficiency is very low compared to something like reverse cycle A/C.

Good answer - I like it.

I apologize that my question is a little off topic.
For addresses that have an output transaction, people retrieve R, S and Z values from a  Bitcoin Transaction.
The process of obtaining (extracting) R, S and Z values from a Bitcoin Transaction is known and understandable to me.
Another thing is not clear - the practical application of the parameters R, S and Z. Is there a thread on this forum that discusses the practical application of these parameters R, S and Z?
Tell me.

wow, man thks for 2coins, very usefull
November 19, 2019, 04:10:53 AM
It depends what expenses you have. I'm using my small rig to heat my home so actually it's paying itself by just generating heat. Everything else is just pure profit.

I live in a warm temperate to arid area, so the excess heat is usually unwanted, except in the coldest parts of Winter. The temperature today is going to peak around 35 degrees C.

...surely there must be a more efficient way to heat your house? Your GPU is basically like a simple foot heater, so its efficiency is very low compared to something like reverse cycle A/C.

Good answer - I like it.

I apologize that my question is a little off topic.
Tell me.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
November 18, 2019, 11:12:55 PM

copper member
Activity: 15
November 18, 2019, 04:13:52 PM
what is the point of spending more resources than reward itself? I tried for about 10 days to search for a key on rx 570. but came to the conclusion that this is a futile undertaking Grin

Activity: 66
Merit: 0
November 18, 2019, 02:06:07 PM
As I said herb was testtest and has mined multiple times at 3 and 3.5 billion keys a second.  I have been in contact with him for a while now so I trust his ranges.  He is the one who found several of the larger brute forced ranges.  I would not have added it if I had doubt.

ttdclient

I think he is mining solo again. If he find key he will grab full reward. If we find key he will grab major part of reward. Win-win strategy. I'll not participate on this.

I'll give you credit for your thesis, that's actually an interesting point - i did not think of that, that being said - i still believe we will see Zielar active in the pool again
what is the point of spending more resources than reward itself? I tried for about 10 days to search for a key on rx 570. but came to the conclusion that this is a futile undertaking Grin
Activity: 84
November 18, 2019, 01:48:47 PM
As I said herb was testtest and has mined multiple times at 3 and 3.5 billion keys a second.  I have been in contact with him for a while now so I trust his ranges.  He is the one who found several of the larger brute forced ranges.  I would not have added it if I had doubt.

ttdclient

I think he is mining solo again. If he find key he will grab full reward. If we find key he will grab major part of reward. Win-win strategy. I'll not participate on this.

I'll give you credit for your thesis, that's actually an interesting point - i did not think of that, that being said - i still believe we will see Zielar active in the pool again
Activity: 34
Merit: 11
November 18, 2019, 01:20:53 PM
Well obviously the choice is yours.  The fact of the matter is that we are still only at 0.364619% of the entire range and we are most likely a long ways off from finding it.  I personally would love to see you back but I can't make your mind up for you.

ttdclient
copper member
November 18, 2019, 12:49:59 PM

ttdclient

November 18, 2019, 10:21:28 AM
EDIT: reporting any range that you have not scanned will be very damaging for the hole pool project, as there would be a high risk for skipping a range where the key potentially could be located.

That's exactly why I don't trust pool anymore. Adding any range without proper validation is very risky. Herb just added ranges but he is not mining right now. There is no proof he have even enough hash power to scan 330k ranges. Why is he not participating anymore? Just added ranges and waiting for reward? Pretty suspicious.

Have you read what Zielar actually posted yesterday about him not being able to use his GPU power for scanning at the moment?

By appearing under the nickname "testtest" I allow myself to connect to the pool activity from time to time.
The contact in time related to his pool has allowed me to gain confidence in the matter of intentions, and the fact of my temporary absence in topic # 64 is related to the fact that I use the power I currently have for other purposes. I intend to make the progress available in # 64 available for this pool (22 quadrillions of already checked keys) and after resuming full participation in this challenge with all my strength - I intend to do it through this pool.
-
I wrote this post to:
- explanations of the increases that take place
- warn other participants that my 320,000 checked ranges will be added to the "testtest" account
- encourage others to join, as I, as a person who poses a threat to the success of the pool (de facto a slightly 50% chance that I would find the key first) - I move to it myself.

Greetings!
November 18, 2019, 10:04:45 AM

ttdclient
copper member
November 18, 2019, 09:55:14 AM
EDIT: reporting any range that you have not scanned will be very damaging for the hole pool project, as there would be a high risk for skipping a range where the key potentially could be located.

That's exactly why I don't trust pool anymore. Adding any range without proper validation is very risky. Herb just added ranges but he is not mining right now. There is no proof he have even enough hash power to scan 330k ranges. Why is he not participating anymore? Just added ranges and waiting for reward? Pretty suspicious.
November 18, 2019, 09:05:20 AM
My best guess is that it's the textfiles that bitcrack automaticly creates when you use the parameter --continue, those files contain information about the specific scanned range and how much of it that have been scanned since last update, which happend each minute

I supplied @ttdclient with such records my self.

I can generate such text file anytime for as much ranges as I want. There is no proof of work included in file.

Well, to a degree i know what you mean, but still the proof of work is there, as the file is written automaticly by bitcrack as scanning the specific range is done.
I guess one could tamper with the file, but then you would also tamper with the timestamps of the file it self, which would be a red flag that something is not what it's supposed to be.

Other than that, it's a matter of trust i guess

copper member
November 18, 2019, 08:53:38 AM
My best guess is that it's the textfiles that bitcrack automaticly creates when you use the parameter --continue, those files contain information about the specific scanned range and how much of it that have been scanned since last update, which happend each minute

I can generate such text file anytime for as much ranges as I want. There is no proof of work included in file.
November 18, 2019, 08:40:08 AM

copper member
November 18, 2019, 08:20:31 AM
In cooperation with zielar aka testtest now known as herb by request on the pool I have imported 329,617 ranges he had previously scanned to his account.  This has drastically changed the distribution of every ones stake including my own.  More importantly it has added over 20 quadrillion keys now marked as checked to our pool.  This brings us much closer to finding the key.

http://www.ttdsales.com/64bit/

I also updated the Ubuntu Client to version 1.1 now that it is confirmed working.  It can be had on the user stats page on the pool.

Can you explain how did you verified those ranges if he not scanned them by your client? It looks pretty scammy to import some values into pool without public proof of work. I'm out.
November 18, 2019, 03:10:49 AM
In cooperation with zielar aka testtest now known as herb by request on the pool I have imported 329,617 ranges he had previously scanned to his account.  This has drastically changed the distribution of every ones stake including my own.  More importantly it has added over 20 quadrillion keys now marked as checked to our pool.  This brings us much closer to finding the key.

http://www.ttdsales.com/64bit/

I also updated the Ubuntu Client to version 1.1 now that it is confirmed working.  It can be had on the user stats page on the pool.
Pages:
Jump to: