Pages:
Author

Topic: [ARCHIVE] Bitcoin challenge discusion - page 7. (Read 28991 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 11
November 13, 2019, 03:37:20 PM
http://www.ttdsales.com/64bit/

I wanted to explain the random range collisions that are displayed on the user stats page.  When ever a client requests a new range it is randomly generated and then checked against the DB to see if it has been previously checked.  If it has been checked then a random range collision has occurred and the count gets incremented.  As the number of checked ranges increases we can expect to see the collisions taking place more frequently.

If the range has already been checked the range is once again randomly selected and checked again.

In case you did not notice on the stats page I have rewritten the chart code and started using a separate DB for stats.  This was a massive performance increase on the load time for the stats page.

If you have 1 or more decent GPUs I encourage you to create an account and contribute to this challenge.  The solution will be found faster the more help that we have.

As always I can be emailed directly from the stats page to answer any questions or provide help.

ttdclient
Activity: 443
Merit: 350
November 13, 2019, 09:06:41 AM
-snip-
I believe that with ECDSA it's possible to do some magic with multiple related public and private keys, like pubkey(privkey1+privkey2+privkey3+...)  == pubkey1+pubkey2+pubkey3+...
-snip-
Would everyone go it alone, or co-operate to achieve the outcome more efficiently?

This "magic" (that is actually not magic but the characteristics of scalar addition of ECDSA group points) was used many times in so called "hidden scams".
Different students, crypto researchers, scientists and other pseudo modern persons post a list of 10 million addresses, or 1 million addresses with the information that they found "some weak place" in ECDSA, and the only thing they need is to find at least 1 private key from the provided list. Of  course all these 10 million addresses have 0 balances. They also promise to give the bounty 1BTC, 10BTC or even higher.

However in fact, this list of 10 million addresses is only "wild kangaroos" received from the public key of "rich BTC address". Only the creator of the list knows "the step" from every address to the rich one.
This is like "hidden scam". The creator's goal is to find the key to the rich address, and he provides the list of 10 million addresses derived from that one. All the followers will actually spend the electricity, use their CPU/GPU powers to help the pseudo researcher to find the rich key (thinking that they are actually helping in some crypto research)

Some examples of "hidden scam" posts:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/it-is-necessary-to-find-one-private-key-out-of-10-million-bitcoin-addresses-5060735
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53030914
Activity: 119
Merit: 1
November 13, 2019, 04:49:06 AM
#!/usr/bin/env python3

import hashlib
import codecs

publickey = codecs.decode('0248D313B0398D4923CDCA73B8CFA6532B91B96703902FC8B32FD438A3B7CD7F55', 'hex')
s = hashlib.new('sha256', publickey).digest()
r = hashlib.new('ripemd160', s).digest()

print(codecs.encode(s, 'hex').decode("utf-8"))
print(codecs.encode(r, 'hex').decode("utf-8"))

By and large to find or to calculate a private key it is impossible.
As it is impossible to find or precisely to calculate where this address in -keyspace
from 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 up to fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffebaaedce 6af48a03bbfd25e8cd0364140 is located.

Or there is any calculator or software?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
November 13, 2019, 02:55:45 AM
I really don't understand why on-topic messages are being deleted by mods in this thread.

It's not like we're breaking Bitcoin itself. An open discussion regarding this challenge will actually encourage improvements in security.

After re-reading the deleted message, I've realised it was probably removed because it contained a link posted by brainless.

So I'll repost the second part of the text, which is not specifically related to brainless' weird/possibly scammish challenge.

====
====
====

I believe that with ECDSA it's possible to do some magic with multiple related public and private keys, like pubkey(privkey1+privkey2+privkey3+...)  == pubkey1+pubkey2+pubkey3+...

Imagine a challenge where the private key holding funds could only be determined once multiple pubkeys had been cracked. Add together all of the cracked privkeys, and you have the final value for the privkey that holds the funds.

Would everyone go it alone, or co-operate to achieve the outcome more efficiently?
Activity: 119
November 12, 2019, 09:16:09 AM
Activity: 255
Merit: 27
November 12, 2019, 06:22:46 AM
Activity: 443
Merit: 350
November 11, 2019, 06:17:57 AM
-snip-
you will Generate key pair inside 110 bit range
you will post only pubkey from 110
i will post 2048 pubkeys inside 100 bit range
you will post prvkey
i will post 1 pubkey which one will exist in 100 bit (2048) corresponding to 110 bit range pubkey
simple 4 post you will understand "Exact"
it will save time of search in future for puzzle solver

You are talking in riddles  Roll Eyes

Can you explain why exactly 2^11 (2048)? And what do you mean by [i will post 1 pubkey which one will exist in 100 bit (2048) corresponding to 110 bit range pubkey] How is this "corresponding" measured?
Activity: 316
Merit: 34
November 11, 2019, 04:28:52 AM
I really don't understand why on-topic messages are being deleted by mods in this thread.

It's not like we're breaking Bitcoin itself. An open discussion regarding this challenge will actually encourage improvements in security.
Mods maybe understand
after my these research there were no more improvments in security

There are many research tools, all are about Brute Force, scanning etc, but they must understand  every calc required those tools, like in my calc, also people could use kangroo scripts for scanning in bit range, which one is last in tools creating series, for pubkey search, next kangroo gpu ver soon coming, and make the puzzle finder more closer,
currently some people created groupwise scanning by bitcrack for 64 puzzle
and my research related to kangroo scanning + my exact calc

anyway we can't comment on MODs decisions

check if they dont have objection then let me Proof Exact

and i will not reveal exact formula's and will not participate in puzzle 110

-----------\
Proof of Exact 110 puzzle lead by 100 bit

only full member or most senior memebers can test my Proof

you will Generate key pair inside 110 bit range
you will post only pubkey from 110
i will post 2048 pubkeys inside 100 bit range
you will post prvkey
i will post 1 pubkey which one will exist in 100 bit (2048) corresponding to 110 bit range pubkey
simple 4 post you will understand "Exact"
it will save time of search in future for puzzle solver

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
November 11, 2019, 02:01:03 AM

November 08, 2019, 05:59:26 PM
Only submitted ranges are unavailable

A requested range that was never submitted is still just as available as an unrequested range.
copper member
Activity: 15
November 08, 2019, 05:16:06 PM
I started mining but I had to stop due to technical changes in configuration. Now I see on stats page I requested some ranges which will never be completed because I cancelled client. When will be those ranges offered again to miners? Is there a way to stop client after range is done without getting next range? I mean some way to stop client when needed but without interrupting range already taken to work. Can you implement some hotkey to quit client after current range is solved?
November 08, 2019, 04:55:15 PM
I have a Ubuntu version on the user stats page.  I have tested it with Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS and Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

extract zip to folder of your choice.  edit settings.ini to reflect your username and bitcrack settings

chmod 755 ttdclient

a copy of bit crack needs to be in the same folder

The client expects to find either clbitcrack or cubitcrack

then run
./ttdclient

Let me know if you have any questions

November 08, 2019, 04:14:29 PM
I have imported 27,000 completed ranges into the pool DB.  I did it in such a way as to not affect any ones current stake.  It will just increase our chances of finding the solution a little sooner.

what type of range you mean ? those 27,000 are range of what size ?!!
I am still want to join your pool but need Ubunto version first  Sad

I have a client almost ready to go for ubuntu but I need to work with you to test if you are willing.  Please create an account and email me from the user stats page so we can get it figured out.  I have ubuntu but no gpus to test with from linux only windows.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 08, 2019, 03:27:35 PM
I have imported 27,000 completed ranges into the pool DB.  I did it in such a way as to not affect any ones current stake.  It will just increase our chances of finding the solution a little sooner.

I think it is about the number of batches issued for calculation. 27,000 size ranges in hex FFFFFFFF.
it also could be FF
Activity: 277
Merit: 106
November 08, 2019, 01:46:53 PM

I think it is about the number of batches issued for calculation. 27,000 size ranges in hex FFFFFFFF.
November 08, 2019, 01:34:33 PM
I more then likely will not worry about it because when a challenge it too difficult I tend to focus my efforts on something more achievable.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 08, 2019, 12:52:46 PM

The pool is now running ~6.25 billion keys a second and has around 80 users.  Only about 10 are active currently though. 

so and my question is still in air, what y gona do when there would be 1865156715671567841784 range?

6000000000 billions?
November 08, 2019, 12:19:06 PM
When I refer to a range I am being specific to the way I have configured the pool.  A single range in this case is 2^36 or 000000000 - FFFFFFFFF or 68,719,476,736 Keys.

I tried to select a range size that would not complete too quickly on new hardware and still be acceptable to run on slower hardware.

With the range set at this size that splits the entire 64 bit challenge into 2^27 ranges or 134,217,728.  So that is the size of the DB containing every range in either a checked or unchecked form.  The more people we have helping the quicker they get checked.

The pool is now running ~6.25 billion keys a second and has around 80 users.  Only about 10 are active currently though.  I was kind of hoping someone would unleash a garage full of 8 gpu mining rigs on it at some point but that has not happened yet to my knowledge.
Activity: 142
Merit: 70
November 08, 2019, 10:59:58 AM

Activity: 84
November 08, 2019, 03:20:37 AM
Ok. But explain to me why, when I start your client I have 2 targets, respectively two BTC addresses, at each scanned range. One is for #64 but the other for what? For your database?
Be fair, man!
I'll tell you what you do with the database created with the help of the contributors. You will have access to those addresses and if ever they are used you will steal from those wallets everything. This is the truth, no matter what you say and how many bullshit say about your pool.

The second target is used for proof of work.  The private key that is found when scanning the range is used to find the range marker in the DB to mark it checked.
They are located at random locations throughout the individual ranges.
Pages:
Jump to: