Pages:
Author

Topic: Archived Content - page 4. (Read 12154 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
March 10, 2016, 12:50:58 PM
There is no FUD!  Just as you said these are opionions, as well as questions that need to be answered.  If Lannister does not answer them then some one should.  If I wanted to fud I would not have stuck coins in this project.  Going back and trying to do an escrow at this point is ridiculous, it was a y in the road that should not have been taken.
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
March 10, 2016, 12:45:30 PM
Also there is no real information about what the future will be like for Elastic a real plan where this is heading.
And is the decentralized supercomputer like Ethereum? or is it going to be something different?

Ethereum works entirely different. It does not bundle the computational resources of all participants, instead it allows "distributed apps" which works in a way that everyone calculates the same thing and the users form a consensus about the result of the calculation. This is not my idea of a "supercomputer".

Oke, I think I understand it a little better now, So you want to build A Real supercomputer and then rent the computer,
To Scientist and people who really need the computer power for it?
I had to rewatch the video again to really understand it, I like the idea but I don't see a lot of enthusiasm for it.
But I might invest a little in this project because I think it might be something useful, and small businesses and scientists who cant afford such a computer could really use it!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
March 10, 2016, 12:39:50 PM
Can you deposit twice from one wallet ?
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
March 10, 2016, 10:33:08 AM
MrBoot,  You have every right to ask the pointed questions that you do, that is what doing research is all about.  Not asking would be negligent on your part.  Only you can decide if this coin is for you, no one else can.

Until there is more honesty and transperancy in the altcoin world there will always be post screaming scam.

Is this coin a scam?  I dont know, I would like to think it is not.  But the way it is unwinding with the change in wallets, change in leadership, unanswereded questions, no escrow, it seems to be headed down that path.

I have been following this coin from the first thread, it is a great concept, but it is slowly coming undone.
legendary
March 10, 2016, 09:46:58 AM
MrBoot, seriously, i think Elastic is not the right thing for you after all. Maybe you should take a look at all those fancy coins with all these glossy pictures of team members along with their impressive CVs (they built companies, saved children from starving, have great experience in almost everything and speak 5 languages *rofl*), with lawyers and escrows and a lot of outstanding Buzz words.

So having questions means Elastic isnt for me ? That makes no sense at all.
When your having a Ico without a Escrow means people will have questions.

Ans those Glossy coins like Iota, Ethereum, Factom i do love those yea i support them since there ICO. Cause they bring something innovative to
the Table same as Elastic but about them there was much more known then here atm.

And when im reading that people think its a scam i wonder why and make me think twice before investing.
Also i came here with questions i never ever said it was a scam im just trying to figure out what Elastic is and the dev teams background.

A investor that does a good research decrease the chance of beeing scammed or buying into garbage.

Btw 5 languages are not that hard even i speak 5, and i aint a rocket scientist Wink

One more thing there is a coin that already is called ELC called Elacoin
legendary
March 10, 2016, 08:26:29 AM
Just there are many what if and those are not yet answered.

for example this

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/elastic-scam-or-legit-1393303

Why does the wallet only say you received 8.30973439 BTC and the website says something diffrent ?
Also the previous btc amounts are transferred between wallets is that possible with multi-sig wallets that easy ?

Why is there not been released anything about the persons involved, you dont need to run this ico but just some evidence of truth.

Also they say your whitepaper wont work why would they say that ?

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
March 10, 2016, 07:00:59 AM
Veto. I see neither necessity nor advantage.

A shorter time frame has been brought up several times in this thread.
Because originally it was stated that a change to the rules shouldn’t be a matter for debate and only one veto is enough that we cannot come to full consensus, we will leave the time frame as it is.

I am open to conviction. I only see potential disadvantages: less reliability, worse distribution, less funding.
legendary
March 10, 2016, 06:52:09 AM
I am responsible for the Elastic project and I does not want to formate any agreements, contractual obligations, or future promises that can be enforced in court. So in order to prevent any kind of legal detriments, either now or in the future, I explicitly do not agree in any form to perform (or refrain from performing) certain actions in relation with the Elastic project now or in the future.

This is the basic reason why I want to stick with voluntary donations and a voluntary development process. But I can assure you that we all are passionate about crypto currencies and we are eager to see this pioneering coin being developed, used and maintained even after its launch.

Can i ask you if you had any developer projects before in cryptocurrency ? Or a track of development skills, cause i think many people need it to be convinced into a ICO
Activity: 140
I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!
March 10, 2016, 06:49:10 AM
I am responsible for the Elastic project and I do not want to formate any agreements, contractual obligations, or future promises that can be enforced in court. So in order to prevent any kind of legal detriments, either now or in the future, I explicitly do not agree in any form to perform (or refrain from performing) certain actions in relation with the Elastic project now or in the future.

This is the basic reason why I want to stick with voluntary donations and a voluntary development process. But I can assure you that we all are passionate about crypto currencies and we are eager to see this pioneering coin being developed, used and maintained even after its launch.
legendary
March 10, 2016, 06:33:23 AM
Development team can i ask you one question?

I love the idea and wanting to invest but then i read this

Once we have added you to the genesis block, our voluntary action is finished. Please do not consider Elastic Coins (ELC) to be shares, futures, certificates, securities, bonds, treasures, profit-sharing agreements, or anything similar. All donations are strictly non-refundable.

What do you mean with voluntary action , you will just release it and then dont innovate or develop anymore ?

Cause this sentence makes me worried that it just will be deployed and left for everyone to slowly decrease ?

Making a coin will involve much more if you ask me like contacting exchanges making a platform for companys to buy the coin like for example Factom does.
legendary
March 10, 2016, 06:16:01 AM
I have a Bitcoin Core wallet would that work ?

Yes, keep your wallet.dat backed up in a safe place tho.

Thx for the help does anyone know what block it started

now it says

62.30 BTC

DONATED BY 120 PEOPLE

9.90 %

OF ALL COINS DISTRIBUTED

23915 Blocks

what block it started so i can see how much % they get more each btc Wink

Ahh nvm i see its bitcoin block;)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168
March 10, 2016, 06:10:33 AM
This message was too old and has been purged
legendary
March 10, 2016, 06:09:35 AM
I have a Bitcoin Core wallet would that work ?

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168
March 10, 2016, 06:02:43 AM
This message was too old and has been purged
legendary
March 10, 2016, 06:00:07 AM
Hey Dev,

I Wanna invest some, but i use mainly wallets on Exchanges is there anyway to send money from for example Bittrex or poloniex?

Would like to know Wink.

Kind Regards
March 10, 2016, 05:53:28 AM

A shorter time frame has been brought up several times in this thread.
Because originally it was stated that a change to the rules shouldn’t be a matter for debate and only one veto is enough that we cannot come to full consensus, we will leave the time frame as it is.
Activity: 630
March 10, 2016, 05:43:24 AM
If no veto is issued I would shorten the duration of the donation based ELC distribution to 45 days starting from now.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
https://cryptodatabase.net
March 10, 2016, 05:21:18 AM
Your coin has been listed on Crypto Database, if it is missing information or some information is incorrect please let me know.

You can view it here, http://cryptodatabase.net/coins.php?cat=E

March 10, 2016, 05:19:45 AM
The purpose of this statement is to communicate the following:

The Elastic project is offering bounties on some specific development tasks that have to be carried out as soon as possible.
If you have an idea for a bounty that is not already listed here but also has a high urgency, please send me a private message with your suggestion.

1. The donation address is a multisig address, an address that is associated with more than one private key. Sending bitcoins from this address requires signatures from at least 2 keys (1 signature from me and one from a community member). We need a convenient way to spend the donated funds that is easy and comfortable to use. I thought about a python script that is able to prepare a raw transaction (change should go back to the donation address) and sign it with the key that the user owns. Also, it should be possible to load a partially signed transaction and add signatures to it. When all signatures are collected, it should be possible to push the transaction to the Bitcoin network. All without running a full node. The adoption of open source solutions is fine.
-> 0.15 BTC

2. We need a FAQ section so people don't have to ask the same questions over and over again.
The website is developed in NodeJS and is available in our repository. Please feel free to fork it and play with it.
The FAQ section should be neatly integrated into the site's design and be administrable from the web browser. The adoption of open source solutions is fine.
-> 0.25 BTC

... Please apply for the bounties by leaving a short notice. We do not want the work done more than once.

If no veto is issued I would shorten the duration of the donation based ELC distribution to 45 days starting from now.
legendary
Activity: 973
Merit: 1053
March 10, 2016, 12:22:11 AM
might throw some btc into this myself interesting project
Pages:
Jump to: