Pages:
Author

Topic: Archived Content - page 5. (Read 12120 times)

legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
March 09, 2016, 08:52:10 PM
reserved, like the new site btw  Cheesy

I contributed 1btc to the ICO already at the very beginning, before the site upgrade:

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/df71cd7e97c66a899db7f7c66965856323c4b9fdf801eea2fa9b629a2dd47770

Will there be a wallet to hold ELC ? When is the launch date?

It says on your website: 9.10 % of all coins distributed. If no more people buy ELC, what will happen to the other 90.9 % of coins? Burned?

What is the maximum number of ELC that will exist?

Hi, well the community has already discussed that thoroughly in a different thread. If no more than 9.10% will be distributed than there are two possible scenarios which the community will have to agree on.

1.) Burn the rest
2.) Distribute the other 90.9% among all donators proportionally to the size of their current stash

both sound good to me Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
March 09, 2016, 04:01:22 PM

I have no access to the project's official GitHub repository so I have the current version in my forked git:
https://github.com/OrdinaryDude/whitepaper/raw/master/whitepaper.pdf

Is Lannister the only one who has access to the official github repo?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
March 09, 2016, 11:30:08 AM
Hey dev,

How do I buy some?

Didn't understand the public keys thing.
Can you please elaborate?

Thanks

There has been a short guide here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14138633
But you do not need to do this export thing if you have (and of course keep) a backup of the wallet itself.

Thanks
Buying Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168
March 09, 2016, 11:22:06 AM
This message was too old and has been purged
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
March 09, 2016, 11:20:35 AM
Hey dev,

How do I buy some?

Didn't understand the public keys thing.
Can you please elaborate?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
March 09, 2016, 10:25:57 AM
Seems need more info let more ppl take part in this super project. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
March 09, 2016, 04:57:05 AM
Also there is no real information about what the future will be like for Elastic a real plan where this is heading.
And is the decentralized supercomputer like Ethereum? or is it going to be something different?

Ethereum works entirely different. It does not bundle the computational resources of all participants, instead it allows "distributed apps" which works in a way that everyone calculates the same thing and the users form a consensus about the result of the calculation. This is not my idea of a "supercomputer".
Much like PrimeCoin to solve a meaningful puzzle?
legendary
March 09, 2016, 04:14:06 AM
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 09, 2016, 02:12:53 AM
In conclusion, its an interesting field of research, and one which we should keep our eyes on, but its not ready for prime-time..  I am now looking at the four projects linked to in the wiki page, which purport to make verifiable computing a practical reality.

I'm recommitting to the stricken sentence.  This is not ready for prime time.  See for example this:

(2) Costs to the prover. The CPU costs to the prover are currently immense: orders of magnitude (factors between a thousand and a million) more than simply executing the computation. An additional bottleneck is memory: the prover must materialize a transcript of a computation's execution.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 09, 2016, 01:51:00 AM

I was looking at that too.  In particular I looked at the tenth reference.  Much of it was over my head, but I was able to understand enough to make the following observations.  First, it uses Boolean Circuits as its model of computation. BCs are not Turing-complete.  Second, it requires full homomorphic encryption.  As I have previously remarked, existing homomorphic cryptosystems are not practical.  Third, it only considers malicious workers.  Our threat model should include malicious clients, as well as clients and workers collaborating to attack the network.

In conclusion, its an interesting field of research, and one which we should keep our eyes on, but its not ready for prime-time..  I am now looking at the four projects linked to in the wiki page, which purport to make verifiable computing a practical reality.
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
Bigboss
March 09, 2016, 01:33:58 AM
idk about u guys, somehow I have a feeling this dev is just a simple programmer.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
March 08, 2016, 10:13:01 PM
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
March 08, 2016, 09:39:17 PM
Do I get it right...
Countdown follows BTC mined blocks (24208 to go now).
About 150 new blocks per day are found, so the crowdfunding will end in about 160 days?

Unless the community agrees on a shorter period of time, yes.

Yes i think we all agree on a shorter period of time!

make it 60 days from now on. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
March 08, 2016, 08:26:32 PM
I am going to keep a eye on this one.

But I am not convinced yet about this.
Just because there is no real leader who can be hold responsible, if something goes wrong.

Also there is no real information about what the future will be like for Elastic a real plan where this is heading.
And is the decentralized supercomputer like Ethereum? or is it going to be something different?

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
March 08, 2016, 07:54:36 PM
where dowmload wallet ? and how to buy elc dev
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
March 08, 2016, 05:53:35 PM
Hi there, i'm interested to donate in the crowdfunding.
But i'm still new to this crowdfunding, can somebody explaining to me how i can donate, and what are the other steps i need to do?

By the way, can i send BTC from my BTC Electrum wallet address?  just curious

Yes you can. Before proceeding store your private keys in a safe place (wallet > private keys).
Then send the amount you wish to the address of the crowdfunding that is shown at http://elastic.pro/crowdsale.
The private key of the address you sent from is all you'll need to have your ELC balance accredited.

edit: ninjaed by EK Cheesy

I also labeled my transaction so if I do need a specific key I can easily track it down.  I used my electrum wallet for the payment.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
March 08, 2016, 05:02:15 PM

But i'm still new to this crowdfunding, can somebody explaining to me how i can donate, and what are the other steps i need to do?

By the way, can i send BTC from my BTC Electrum wallet address?  just curious

You can send from your Electrum wallet. This is how I would do it.

1. I would send some BTC to the address from the Elastic Coin website:

2. I would check on blockchain.info which addresses the BTC were actually sent from.
We are interested in THE FIRST address the BTC came from.

3. In the last step, I would lookup the address I got in step 2 in my electrum addresses list, and export the private key. The I'd keep it in a safe place:
(Yeah, I know! In this example these addresses do not match. But it's just an example  Wink)

Thanks for the tips @Evil-Knievel  Smiley

By the way, can i send BTC from my BTC Electrum wallet address?  just curious

Yes you can. Before proceeding store your private keys in a safe place (wallet > private keys).
Then send the amount you wish to the address of the crowdfunding that is shown at http://elastic.pro/crowdsale.
The private key of the address you sent from is all you'll need to have your ELC balance accredited.

edit: ninjaed by EK Cheesy

Thanks for the tips @xxxgoodgirls  Smiley

legendary
March 08, 2016, 04:30:43 PM
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
March 08, 2016, 04:25:48 PM
Pages:
Jump to: