Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 179. (Read 395481 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
IGNIS is chosen (by decentralized voting on the #Nxt #blockchain) as name of the first #childchain on top of #Ardor!

Perhaps you want to try to explain, in as layman's terms as possible, what is IGNIS and, above all, in which way ownership of it will represent any value at all. I certainly would appreciate it.
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Do I understand this right? If I have my NXT on Poloneix I can just wait and dont have to do anything to get Ardor?
Activity: 770
More info about the voting result on the name IGNIS (First Childchain on Ardor)
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/child-chain-name-poll-results
#Ardor #IGNIS #Nxt #Blockchain
IGNIS is chosen (by decentralized voting on the #Nxt #blockchain) as name of the first #childchain on top of #Ardor!
Snapshots #Ardor stop in 5 weeks. What's your average $ARDR? Buy #NXT and stake till 12 Oct www.ardorplatform.org
This is what #Ardor is good for, securing small blockchains (with a few nodes) by the main Ardor chain. #childchains
http://cryptohustle.com/51-attack-crew-extorts-and-hijacks-blockchains-for-ransom
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Can I use the NXT Web wallet to get Ardor?
legendary
Price should start to adjust to the actual doubling of shares coming up october 12th given the obvious inability of ARDR/NXT team to engage outside investors AND understandably explain what exactly are so called "child chains".

I have already positioned myself for the expected move by locking in the very significant gains produced by this astute plan...   I believe it has topped out already though.

What does that mean? What expected move? What have you done?

It meant I expected a drop, as has happened,  only considerably bigger over the next few weeks, and sold to free cash and position myself to buy back when price has adjusted... in my calc around either side of 2k.
But dont you loose your ARDR now you would have gotten, if you didnt sell till 12th october??? Maybe in the end you loose more by not getting this ARDR. Dont you think 1 ARDR will be worth more than 1 NXT?

No..I  already have 25% ARDR obtained from what I sold. Profit on the trade plus profit in ARDR (cost base: zero). The other 75% is just potential. If price goes down another 50%, even if I would have gotten that 75% would not compensated the risk taken and would have, in fact, resulted in a loss, while this has already been very profitable.

By the way, the loss in price of the last few days, approximately 30%, is more in dollars given the 6.7% appreciation of btc in the las couple of days (40%, to be precise) that means, if parity is to be reached AND the strong btc/dollar continues, so should the sell off in NXT.
Activity: 321
Merit: 252
Price should start to adjust to the actual doubling of shares coming up october 12th given the obvious inability of ARDR/NXT team to engage outside investors AND understandably explain what exactly are so called "child chains".

I have already positioned myself for the expected move by locking in the very significant gains produced by this astute plan...   I believe it has topped out already though.

It meant I expected a drop, as has happened,  only considerably bigger over the next few weeks, and sold to free cash and position myself to buy back when price has adjusted... in my calc around either side of 2k.
But dont you loose your ARDR now you would have gotten, if you didnt sell till 12th october??? Maybe in the end you loose more by not getting this ARDR. Dont you think 1 ARDR will be worth more than 1 NXT?
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
waitting for that good news
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
So after ardor is out when is the snapshot for the childchain to take place, and how long is the snapshot?
legendary

I have already positioned myself for the expected move by locking in the very significant gains produced by this astute plan...   I believe it has topped out already though.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

I have already positioned myself for the expected move by locking in the very significant gains produced by this astute plan...   I believe it has topped out already though.

Logic would say the price Goes down. But in crypto you never know. Could shoot up to 10k and stay there, depending on Ardor speculation. If ardor would be worth 20k, 10k for nxt is the price. I think ardor will be another gamechanger so I am holing nxt. One thing I learned in trading is patience, and invest in what you believe in.

You have a point. But reality shows that, outside of the NXT community, no one gives any value to Ardor. The give it to other players in the space, even the ones going on vapor, not reality. But not to Ardor. At all. Considering that this whole premise is the doubling of NXT coins plain and simple, your math is correct... except the I believe the price of ardor will be a reflection of the one of NXT, not the other way around. In other words, whatever price is assigned to Ardor will ne whatever is being taken off of NXT.
No one has explained even remotely what the value/price of the first child chain could be derived from, which means yet another dilutive point to consider, rather than the opposite.
Of course another thing entirely-and subject to opinions- is if NXT is undervalued or not. Considering it has more than tripled since announcing ardor,  there's a good case to be made against the undervalued theory.

Considering the crypto community in general has little interest for innovation it comes as no surprise that not much value is given to Ardor outside of the NXT community. The problem of scalability is real in the long run. Few other teams work on solving it, Ethereum perhaps, who else? Ardor is a long shot project focusing on solving scalability to become a real platform of blockchains. It's not an instant gratification project sought by many in the crypto community.
legendary

Logic would say the price Goes down. But in crypto you never know. Could shoot up to 10k and stay there, depending on Ardor speculation. If ardor would be worth 20k, 10k for nxt is the price. I think ardor will be another gamechanger so I am holing nxt. One thing I learned in trading is patience, and invest in what you believe in.

You have a point. But reality shows that, outside of the NXT community, no one gives any value to Ardor. The give it to other players in the space, even the ones going on vapor, not reality. But not to Ardor. At all. Considering that this whole premise is the doubling of NXT coins plain and simple, your math is correct... except the I believe the price of ardor will be a reflection of the one of NXT, not the other way around. In other words, whatever price is assigned to Ardor will ne whatever is being taken off of NXT.
No one has explained even remotely what the value/price of the first child chain could be derived from, which means yet another dilutive point to consider, rather than the opposite.
Of course another thing entirely-and subject to opinions- is if NXT is undervalued or not. Considering it has more than tripled since announcing ardor,  there's a good case to be made against the undervalued theory.
Activity: 321
Merit: 252

legendary
Activity: 1092

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Already accumulated 600 ARDOR tokens.
Jump to: