Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 201. (Read 395476 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Should not the value of NXT decline every time a snapshot of ardor is taken?

The value is subjective, did you mean the price?
If the price declines, people will afford more NXT to get more ARDOR generating more demand for NXT, and price of NXT goes up again. It's a self-sustaining process Wink

But where do you think will it find a balance? I'm sure not everyone will pay for a higher price in NXT just to claim Ardor.

If you care and understand the value of technology, buy small amounts on the dips. If you don't understand the value of this technology and don't want to learn more about it, it's probably best not to buy.

Agree,

The only thing is that, in my opinion, the information is scattered around a lot of different websites.
Nxt could use a more uniform usage of it's corporate identity, so the users are confident that they are using the 'offical' brand.
(MyNXT is a great site, but it is quite different form the 'original' nxt (Color scheme, logo, typeface))

A while back I downloaded the desktop client, and it took ages to download the blockchain, so I couldn't use the client straight away.
Recently I discovered it that you can download the blockchain at http://peerexplorer.com/ and this is very quick.
I think there should be a link near the client download to get the client running fast, with tutorial.
People tend to loose interest very quickly and don't want to wait for the whole blockchain to download.

Also will there be an (financial) incentive to run Ardor Nodes?

Thanks
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

If the price declines, people will afford more NXT to get more ARDOR generating more demand for NXT, and price of NXT goes up again. It's a self-sustaining process Wink

But where do you think will it find a balance? I'm sure not everyone will pay for a higher price in NXT just to claim Ardor.

If you care and understand the value of technology, buy small amounts on the dips. If you don't understand the value of this technology and don't want to learn more about it, it's probably best not to buy.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
which is the most popular exchange for nxt right now?

Poloniex is the most popular. It has the most volume as of now. And come to think of it it has the most volume with the other popular coins in circulation.
Activity: 406

Activity: 378

It depends on what you expect the price of Nxt to Ardor to be. I'd expect a price drop to start with a couple of weeks to go. I think a price rise before the first month is over is very likely.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hello,

I have an account with NXT in it. I never use the client, I don't want to download it as it takes to long. Am I eligible to be receiving Ardor? Will I get 1 Ardor for 1 NXT if I just leave all my coins in the account as they have been for about a year?

Cheers
Activity: 448

Snapshots are hourly, if anything people should start locking up their NXT. Less NXT on the market should help the price.
Activity: 33

According to coinmarketcap, its poloniex i think
legendary
Activity: 1146
Activity: 165
Merit: 101
Activity: 33
Whats a good wallet to use for the ardr distribution?

I just try myNXT web wallet  Smiley
Activity: 11
Whats a good wallet to use for the ardr distribution?
legendary
Merit: 1010
It was said Bittrex and Poloniex will distribute Ardor to exchange NXT holders. How is that possible? Will they also take snapshots of exchange accounts every hour?

i seems safer to just withdraw and do it on your own computer. i dont see how the exchanges are going to split the ardr tokens as its given out by averaging how much you have over X amount of days. this means the exchanges would have to write up their own script just to calculate this for you, i doubt they would do that.

This is exactly what these exchanges did and do.
Some exchanges are happy to go the extra mile for their users and with our help they are calculating this.  Smiley

Still: the most exact way is always from your own personal wallet.
Activity: 11
It was said Bittrex and Poloniex will distribute Ardor to exchange NXT holders. How is that possible? Will they also take snapshots of exchange accounts every hour?

i seems safer to just withdraw and do it on your own computer. i dont see how the exchanges are going to split the ardr tokens as its given out by averaging how much you have over X amount of days. this means the exchanges would have to write up their own script just to calculate this for you, i doubt they would do that.
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
legendary
Merit: 1010
Holding is enough? or we need to open our wallet for 90 days, 24/7?

Holding is enough.
The Ardor distribution is not linked in any way to forging.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Can´t find that directory, how many mb do you think is going to be?

search for nxt_db Directory and Copy Paste it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Holding is enough? or we need to open our wallet for 90 days, 24/7?
legendary
Activity: 1205
Jump to: