Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 203. (Read 395464 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
When does snapshooting start on 14th?

I can just leave my nxt on exchange? It will be snapshooted there? Does it matter if nxt are on order?

thank you

Around 19:00GMT.
You can leave at exchange but you should not.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
Please help me to understand this snapshot thing..

Let say I have 10000 nxt and remains same during the Snapshot period, which is 91 days or 2184 hours, since the snapshot will be taken on an hourly basis...

So, at the SNAPSHOT period, my total nxt accumulated if snapshot taken on a hourly basis and then added, i.e. 21840000 NXT, which then will be divided by 2184 hours, which comes to 10000 Ardor for me... ri8???

Or my concept is totally wrong..

You can use this example if i hold 10.000nxt for 14 Days with hourly snapshots.

10,000 NXT * 14 days * 24 hours / (90 days * 24 hours) = 1,555

Thx for the clarification..So, at the end of the Snapshot, my 10000 nxt, if remains same, will become 10000 ardor...

Yes Smiley you will own 10000 nxt and 10000 ardor at the end.

I am only speculating here but I want to ask what will happen to NXT after all the Ardor is already given away? Will the ones who bought NXT just to gain Ardor now dump NXT or will they dump Ardor? Or maybe dump both?

I am now suspicious that a lot of the people who recently bought NXT or only in it for the profit in bitcoins.

It's a speculative question and they are always hard to answer.

I can only answer from our position as the Nxt Foundation which is that regardless of speculation we will keep working to create and maintain value for both Nxt and Ardor.
There is no way we can stop any speculators doing what they want, but we can make sure it's used and has value. Even if some people would offload Nxt in October, we'll work to increase it again.

We've been working at that even when Nxt was at it's lowest point, and just see where it got us now. We firmly believe that success takes time and that working to create long term value is much better than reacting to speculative movements we have little control over. Smiley

Thank you for the straight and honest answer. This breeds confidence in NXT and Ardor and brings optimism to the people in and outside of your community. Such attitude will only make the platforms and community grow side by side.

So will Ardor have an asset exchange too like NXT? If yes then there will be two asset exchanges. Won't this be a competing against your own product scenario?
Activity: 251
Whats the minimum system requirements for this? I want to run it on a old old system. you thing a single core celeron works?
If you mean forging (staking), you can even do it on a Raspberry Pi Smiley Just be sure you download the blockchain on a fast pc, and then copy it to the slow pc. Because downloading (and verifying) the database on a slow pc could take days.
If you just want to hold for Ardor, you don't need to be forging/staking. Just put the NXT in your account, and turn off the pc. It's snapshotted on the blockchain anyway.
Activity: 165
Merit: 101
Whats the minimum system requirements for this? I want to run it on a old old system. you thing a single core celeron works?
Activity: 734
Merit: 500
search for nxt_db Directory and Copy Paste it.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
I have installed 1.9.2 but it got freeze in block 654425 and look is not downloading more. In other computer I have all the blockchain downloaded and working perfecly. Can I take the files in this computer and make copy and paste? Where is that? What folder?

Thanks
Activity: 647
Merit: 260
When does snapshooting start on 14th?

I can just leave my nxt on exchange? It will be snapshooted there? Does it matter if nxt are on order?

thank you
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Isn't exchanges safer than some random guy on the forum?
The old NXT whales are known in the community.

New ones (that bought for this rally) not.
Isn't exchanges safer than some random guy on the forum?
legendary
If i wanted to buy alot of nxt, where would i go?
nxtforum.org
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
If i wanted to buy alot of nxt, where would i go?
legendary
How many ardor coin will be there ?
Same as NXT.
Nope!

Twice as much but half would be used for forging and the others for txs (super simplified explanation, read carefully this thread, especially first post).
Activity: 251
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
How many ardor coin will be there ?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
do we know an exact hour snapshot starts? i anticipate big moves in the nxt market and i would like to be around for that Smiley

why should there be big moves? Everyone, who wants to be in, is in already and noone will sell, because he want's to stay in, so probably volume will go down a lot, while price will stay stable.
Activity: 322
Merit: 251
do we know an exact hour snapshot starts? i anticipate big moves in the nxt market and i would like to be around for that Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
Just saw the NXT/Ardor advertisement on coinmarketcap.  Embarrassed
Can an designer make a better one?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Команда Nxt Core представила набор шаблонов «Умные транзакции»
http://forklog.com/komanda-nxt-core-predstavila-nabor-shablonov-umnye-tranzaktsii/

Nxt to launch “first ever” scalable blockchain-based platform
http://www.bankingtech.com/531272/nxt-to-launch-first-ever-scalable-blockchain-based-platform/

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Please help me to understand this snapshot thing..

Let say I have 10000 nxt and remains same during the Snapshot period, which is 91 days or 2184 hours, since the snapshot will be taken on an hourly basis...

So, at the SNAPSHOT period, my total nxt accumulated if snapshot taken on a hourly basis and then added, i.e. 21840000 NXT, which then will be divided by 2184 hours, which comes to 10000 Ardor for me... ri8???

Or my concept is totally wrong..

You can use this example if i hold 10.000nxt for 14 Days with hourly snapshots.

10,000 NXT * 14 days * 24 hours / (90 days * 24 hours) = 1,555

Thx for the clarification..So, at the end of the Snapshot, my 10000 nxt, if remains same, will become 10000 ardor...

Yes Smiley you will own 10000 nxt and 10000 ardor at the end.

I am only speculating here but I want to ask what will happen to NXT after all the Ardor is already given away? Will the ones who bought NXT just to gain Ardor now dump NXT or will they dump Ardor? Or maybe dump both?

I am now suspicious that a lot of the people who recently bought NXT or only in it for the profit in bitcoins.

It's a speculative question and they are always hard to answer.

I can only answer from our position as the Nxt Foundation which is that regardless of speculation we will keep working to create and maintain value for both Nxt and Ardor.
There is no way we can stop any speculators doing what they want, but we can make sure it's used and has value. Even if some people would offload Nxt in October, we'll work to increase it again.

We've been working at that even when Nxt was at it's lowest point, and just see where it got us now. We firmly believe that success takes time and that working to create long term value is much better than reacting to speculative movements we have little control over. Smiley
Jump to: