Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 208. (Read 395419 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
The new logo sucks! Colour scheme and design.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120
If I keep my NXT on exchanges to receive ARDOR tokens will I be at the mercy of exchange's good will?
Or is it safe to have them on my local wallet (desktop / web)?
best to just get your own wallet on your desktop.

Or lease your NXT (from the NXT client) to a forgingpool.

Activity: 165
Merit: 101
If I keep my NXT on exchanges to receive ARDOR tokens will I be at the mercy of exchange's good will?

best to just get your own wallet on your desktop.
Activity: 545
Merit: 500

Activity: 406
There is a poll running for the best logo of ARDOR, sign up and take your pick.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
I think NXT is well positioned top Top 5 position in the market, let's sum up the crypto sins:

NXT - people complain about distribution
Dash - people complain about distribution
ETH - code breaches due to the DAO failure, tainted
XRP - printed at will
NEM - I don't really know, but I've heard they don't have much to offer
LTC - blamed for little to no innovation

So I predict the top to be

1 - Bitcoin
2 or bust - ETH
2-3 - Dash
2-3 - NXT
5 - LTC

I've been studying the competition like WAVES, who just copied NXT and now I'm quite firm that 100m marketcap is way too low for NXT

Nice predication, makes kind of sense..
Activity: 330
Sorry for asking but do i get any ardor tokens if i buy now nxt and hold till nxt 2.0 platform release in 2017? Polo got me really confused...

Yes you will get ARDOR if you buy NXT now and hold till October 12th 2016 or longer.
You should create an account, the easiest to do is here: https://wallet.mynxt.info/
Don't trust exchanges to hold your coins.

Thank you sir, and is there a way to check my ardor balance from time to time?
Yes, there will be a way to view how much you have currently accumulated as well as an estimate for the quantity yet to be obtained in version 1.9.
A stable version of 1.9 is not released yet, but it will probably be soon.
Sorry for asking but do i get any ardor tokens if i buy now nxt and hold till nxt 2.0 platform release in 2017? Polo got me really confused...

Yes you will get ARDOR if you buy NXT now and hold till October 12th 2016 or longer.
You should create an account, the easiest to do is here: https://wallet.mynxt.info/

ARDOR will be distributed on October 12th, from that date on you will be able to see it like everybody else. When you log in to your account or in block explorer.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
I think NXT is well positioned top Top 5 position in the market, let's sum up the crypto sins:

NXT - people complain about distribution
Dash - people complain about distribution
ETH - code breaches due to the DAO failure, tainted
XRP - printed at will
NEM - I don't really know, but I've heard they don't have much to offer
LTC - blamed for little to no innovation

So I predict the top to be

1 - Bitcoin
2 or bust - ETH
2-3 - Dash
2-3 - NXT
5 - LTC

I've been studying the competition like WAVES, who just copied NXT and now I'm quite firm that 100m marketcap is way too low for NXT
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Do you have italian trabslation?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
So there will be like 2 coins (ardor & nxt 2.0) on 1 blockchain? Also I thought there will be the same supply of ardors as it was with nxt 1.0, but what about nxt 2.0 coins ?

There will be one "coin" called Ardor which powers the Main Chain of Ardor which is where the consensus is done.

There will be many child chains which will record their transactions and will use their own "coins".

One supply: yes, Ardor will have the same supply as Nxt 1.0.
A child chain *can* have a different supply, but the first child chain (which you call Nxt 2 in this post) will have the same supply as Nxt 1.0.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==

I think so, he will just send transactions with high fees on it, so if you forge a block with one of his transaction on it, just enjoy.

Glad to have been with you in both successful project, both NXT and VpnCoin Smiley
Activity: 351
So there will be like 2 coins (ardor & nxt 2.0) on 1 blockchain? Also I thought there will be the same supply of ardors as it was with nxt 1.0, but what about nxt 2.0 coins ?
I don't understand all the technicalities about getting early into NXT 2.0.

But what i understand so far is that If I hold 10,000 NXT in my wallet (web or local) from 14th July to 14th Oct, I will get 10,000 Ardor when it is launched plus I also get to keep my NXT.

Sorry if it is a dumb question but someone in poloniex trollbox said it and i wasn't sure whether to believe it or not before I buy some NXT.

you get 50%. so you will get 5000 Ardor used for staking i believe.

No, he will get 10,000 ARDOR, 5,000 NXT2 (if he holds it to the launch of NXT 2.0 platform in 2017) and will keep his 10,000 NXT1. See my signature, he will kill 3 birds with one stone.
Activity: 251
So I'm new to nxt. How much Ardor do I get if I own 10k nxt tokens? Do we get to keep our nxt too? I'm confused.
If you keep 10k NXT through the whole snapshotting period (july-oct), you get 10k ARDR tokens (=assets) ánd keep your NXT of course.
If you keep it all until the actual launch of the Ardor blockchain, your ARDR assets will be redeemed for 10k of actual Ardor blockchain tokens. Plus you get 5k of the first Ardor-childchain coins (no name yet, 'FNX'). And you still keep your 10k NXT.

That's how I understand it.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
So I'm new to nxt. How much Ardor do I get if I own 10k nxt tokens? Do we get to keep our nxt too? I'm confused.
Activity: 165
Merit: 101
I don't understand all the technicalities about getting early into NXT 2.0.

But what i understand so far is that If I hold 10,000 NXT in my wallet (web or local) from 14th July to 14th Oct, I will get 10,000 Ardor when it is launched plus I also get to keep my NXT.

Sorry if it is a dumb question but someone in poloniex trollbox said it and i wasn't sure whether to believe it or not before I buy some NXT.

you get 50%. so you will get 5000 Ardor used for staking i believe.
Jump to: