Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 210. (Read 395419 times)

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
Did you know the legendary creator of Nxt, BCNext has spoken and likes what we are doing with Ardor (Nxt 2.0).  Shocked

https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/(ann)-ardor-or-nxt-2-0-a-scalable-child-chain-platform/msg219417/#msg219417

Just received this out of the blue...

Address: 1BCN1ugdKdWd9pQ8Am9hMhtHZfmbXzxE8a
Message: I am glad to see that Nxt keeps evolving. Good luck!
Signature: G8b5ou0qstF8Mo6LM74NSL+73/YIMkk4cVRjeNz5sKQ1dAIAZdhj43bQJJH1392+ybGTYa63kb1BHO9TbPDFXho=

If you want to verify this: https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC?verifysignedmessage=1

For those who do not recognise this address, this is a message from BCNext, who originally created Nxt.
legendary

At block 1,000,000 on October 12th, 2016, snapshotting will stop, and you'll be allowed to trade your Ardor tokens in NXT 1.9 in preparation for the launch of the Ardor blockchain.

Does that means that someone can get ardors on October 12th 2016 at the exchanges without having nxts, or it will be something like asset trading on the NXT 1.9 blockchain? Sorry for the question ,but I am new to nxt.

After October 12th everyone will receive assets that represent Ardor tokens, they can be freely traded on the Nxt Asset Exchange. Later they can be converted to real Ardor Tokens. I don't know if the assets will be available on exchanges, that is not mentioned yet. Could be a possibility.
legendary
just a plan? or ?

No, development already started a few months ago by the core dev team, but this is so new and never done, so it takes time to solve several problems.
Activity: 218
Merit: 250
I am looking forward to NXT 2.0, hoping to have a leap in the development of it
Activity: 165
Merit: 101
- So how is Ardor different from Ethereum Smart Contracts?
- Wouldn't this make NXT and easy pump as all the speculators would want nxt to hop onto the new Ardor platform when it comes out?

Is ardor the only blockchain that can spawn other blockchains within itself? How is that different from every other blockchain that uses a color coin technology?
Activity: 153
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 1498
Activity: 351

At block 1,000,000 on October 12th, 2016, snapshotting will stop, and you'll be allowed to trade your Ardor tokens in NXT 1.9 in preparation for the launch of the Ardor blockchain.

Does that means that someone can get ardors on October 12th 2016 at the exchanges without having nxts, or it will be something like asset trading on the NXT 1.9 blockchain? Sorry for the question ,but I am new to nxt.
legendary
Intriguing look forward to see this become notable

Anyone else surprised we haven't seen an even bigger buy-in?  People are willing to throw thousands of BTC at unproven ICOs and here we have a major upgrade to an established project.
Not really tbh.
This is not an ICO, and it lacks the high level speculation aspect and potential to make 5-10x amount of money in a very short amount of time, like so many other projects out there.
That seem to be what attracts most interest these days.

You bet its not. It is a reward or incentive hodling NXT. Much like a polymorphic digital asset. Nxt is turning out to be pretty cool. Hope more of this happen in 2.0

I'm still surprised people don't see the long term potential with this approach.  They have until mid July to figure it out if they want all the rewards. Smiley

It can become Mining 2.0. Many companies/organizations start their own blockchain and all these chains will be 'mined' with Ardor. 'Mining' multiple childchains on the same time.
Activity: 473
Merit: 251
Good plan for Nxt. I own a little stake and considered to sell. I will wait becuase 2.0 looks good.
Activity: 368
Okay, I think I understand. For me it's basically update my wallet and wait. Ardor won't be distributed until October.
Activity: 448
Intriguing look forward to see this become notable

Anyone else surprised we haven't seen an even bigger buy-in?  People are willing to throw thousands of BTC at unproven ICOs and here we have a major upgrade to an established project.
Not really tbh.
This is not an ICO, and it lacks the high level speculation aspect and potential to make 5-10x amount of money in a very short amount of time, like so many other projects out there.
That seem to be what attracts most interest these days.

You bet its not. It is a reward or incentive hodling NXT. Much like a polymorphic digital asset. Nxt is turning out to be pretty cool. Hope more of this happen in 2.0

I'm still surprised people don't see the long term potential with this approach.  They have until mid July to figure it out if they want all the rewards. Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Is keeping my nxt in my exchange account valid?

What if I but nxt from polo and keep it there? Do I receive ardor?

Also how does the snapshot system work? If I have 100 nxt starting July 14 and sell half after a week how much will I receive? Is it 50 ardors? 100+50/2= 50 ardors?

Also how long is this snapshot period? Is till the release of ardor? In this case might it not limit nxt transactions.

Thanks.

P.s I already own nxt but am intending to buy more.

Hi ashapasa,

We're working with the exchanges so you'll be able to keep it there and not have to move it to your wallet. We'll be posting an announcement once things get finalized.

The snapshot system for ARDR averages throughout the entire snapshotting period. So if you had 100 NXT at the start and sold all of that halfway (not one week) through the snapshotting period, then you would receive 50 ARDR. However, since you won't have any at the end, you will receive 0 FNX.

The snapshotting period is from July 14th until October 12th - about three months.

Thanks for intending to buy more! Smiley

If an exchange has one big nxt wallet for all the customers combined, the exchange's wallet will be used with the snapshots and awarded the Ardor tokens. Depends on the exchange if and how they distribute it amongs their customers.

Hi habraken,

We're trying to work with the exchanges to make this as easy as possible Smiley Will keep you guys updated

Activity: 251
If an exchange has one big nxt wallet for all the customers combined, the exchange's wallet will be used with the snapshots and awarded the Ardor tokens. Depends on the exchange if and how they distribute it amongs their customers.
Activity: 420
Is keeping my nxt in my exchange account valid?

What if I but nxt from polo and keep it there? Do I receive ardor?

Also how does the snapshot system work? If I have 100 nxt starting July 14 and sell half after a week how much will I receive? Is it 50 ardors? 100+50/2= 50 ardors?

Also how long is this snapshot period? Is till the release of ardor? In this case might it not limit nxt transactions.

Thanks.

P.s I already own nxt but am intending to buy more.
Activity: 406
NXT made top $100m market cap - 0.1$.
The big resistance for every coin is $1bn.

Assuming ARDR will catch the same performance as NXT it will take it at around 0.05$ (because we have x2 coins total than NXT).
Assuming it will reach 1bn resistance (only LTC touched it in the past and collapsed and ETH broken it for good) that would mean 0.5$.

It is good to know what the ceiling might be  Wink

So before the end of the snapshot we could see a $0.1-$1 / NXT?
$1 / NXT would be bloody AWESOME

Wow, slow down Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498

Assuming ARDR will catch the same performance as NXT it will take it at around 0.05$ (because we have x2 coins total than NXT).
Assuming it will reach 1bn resistance (only LTC touched it in the past and collapsed and ETH broken it for good) that would mean 0.5$.

The timing not sure!

But IMO we could see NXT price going as high as ARDR can, so between 0.05-0.5$

This is very rough calculations of course, may mean nothing. The certain is that 1bn market cap is VERY strong resistance.
legendary
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Would like to hear more about the overall marketing plan for Ardor. Should we start to see more articles soon or will it start to come in when the snapshotting hits  in mid July?

Hey there TravelsAsia, I'm another marketer on the Nxt team.

First of all, everything Marenkar added is 100% right.

Second, expect to see us here at Nxt/Ardor more regularly. We're professionalizing to handle the influx of interested parties. This will mean more content in the months to come and thereafter.

You're also going to see some pretty innovative moves coming out of the Nxt community. All I'll say is stay tuned till we post about it, we'll be sure to keep this top up to date.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==

Jump to: