Pages:
Author

Topic: Are airdrops safe? - page 10. (Read 9479 times)

Activity: 536
Merit: 15
August 13, 2019, 02:41:09 PM
I don't really like to participate in airdrops because aside from the fact that they are usually worthless, it is also often used by scammers to steal people's emails and make the target for phishing scam.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
August 13, 2019, 01:24:01 PM
Depends on what info they're asking you to share. KYC for airdrops is a dumb idea.

Also, there is a risk that you end up promoting a scam.

So always DYOR even for airdrops. There are some pretty legit ones out there.

For my favorite, check out Vite. A great project with a dedicated team. It has a killer mobile wallet with daily airdrop!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
August 13, 2019, 01:06:42 PM
As long as I participate in the airdrop. I have never felt any loss. That means I can say that Airdrop is safe, only I have Airdrop paid and some not. That's according to me a natural thing and because free airdrop is certainly the main obstacle.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
August 13, 2019, 01:05:22 PM
I personally prefer the airdrop which was held at the same time as the bounty was launched because,  in my opinion it is safer than following the airdrop which is now widely spread links in telegram and Twitter.
Activity: 517
August 13, 2019, 01:05:08 PM
No. Personally, I don't think airdrops are safe because they don't give what we expect from them and about 90% of airdrop campaigns are not genuine. You waste time when you follow these campaigns. I wouldn't advise you to join airdrop campaigns.
the success is indeed airdrop is the most scam campaign. does not support clear projects. but they exist to create junk tokens.
overall airdrop does not provide a decent income for us. we only make time.
Activity: 481
Merit: 11
August 13, 2019, 12:59:22 PM
just avoid the airdrop asking for your documents just in case if you are forced to follow the airdrop.
because the results are small, and it will not be good to compare with the personal documents you will provide.
Activity: 364
Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX
August 13, 2019, 12:47:24 PM
No. Personally, I don't think airdrops are safe because they don't give what we expect from them and about 90% of airdrop campaigns are not genuine. You waste time when you follow these campaigns. I wouldn't advise you to join airdrop campaigns.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
August 13, 2019, 12:33:46 PM
Yes, I do not know people that do airdrop , they do not pay and get something more, is unlikely to succeed as the participants very much in this area.
that is the income from the airdrop, then what about the safety of the documents or whatever we give to follow the airdrop? I avoid airdrops, even though it looks very promising a lot of income.
Activity: 574
August 13, 2019, 12:28:23 PM
An airdrop is a way for the project to gain extra publicity and get some people interested in their coin. The offering is free. There should be absolutely zero obligation on the recipient's part to do anything at all.

That's the way the project did Airdrop. For broader publications, there is certainly no free Airdrop. Here we talk about the security of the Airdrop, many people say that airdrop is safe without having to send the document or private key concerned with your personal assets.
Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
August 13, 2019, 12:00:31 PM
The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?
Once upon a time, I believed to do airdrop campaign. Now a days I can't believe in this because of fake airdrops. There are so many fake projects and airdrops which are done by fake people. They just do it for their own purposes and to do publicity their social media accounts,that's only. So it can be said now that airdrops are not safe at all
Activity: 2828
Merit: 518
August 13, 2019, 08:06:39 AM
Airdrops never give of what we expect for having value in the market but instead, it never makes sense at all.
Talking it safe, we gonna have that if we never participate into airdrops. Could have chances to make money if we participate in bounties and signatures campaign.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 858
August 13, 2019, 07:56:23 AM
99% airdrop these days are fake does not pays you and all of them ask for KYC, they owe your personal ID documents probably they sold to some agencies or organizations who knows but it's totally unsafe to handover your documents to anyone for 1,2$.

I also think so. I am sure that the days of free distribution of coins that carried out projects have passed. Now, under the guise of free distribution, they lure users' personal data so that they can then use them for their own selfish purposes.
Activity: 178
Merit: 0
August 13, 2019, 07:02:07 AM
As long I participate in Airdrops, it's safe. If the don't ask about private key, keystore & etc. I think it"s okay.
Activity: 891
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
August 13, 2019, 06:45:55 AM
Back those days, airdrops are to great extent safe. But today, so many fake projects are coming up with different fake airdrops. Reason why one needs to be careful with the kind of airdrop one fills.
just do not need to send your documents to all projects. this is the stupidest thing you can do by participating in the airdrop.
Activity: 131
Merit: 1
August 13, 2019, 06:22:29 AM
Back those days, airdrops are to great extent safe. But today, so many fake projects are coming up with different fake airdrops. Reason why one needs to be careful with the kind of airdrop one fills.
Activity: 770
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
August 13, 2019, 05:55:39 AM
If you are not giving them a private key from your personal wallet or not uploading your KYC information, then it is almost impossible to lose something.  Wink
it is important to properly store your private keys because if you just keep them on your computer, this can also lead to its loss
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
August 13, 2019, 05:42:35 AM
If you are not giving them a private key from your personal wallet or not uploading your KYC information, then it is almost impossible to lose something.  Wink
Activity: 736
Merit: 11
August 13, 2019, 03:56:01 AM
As long as you don't participate into airdrops that have as requirements to download any wallet you should be safe.

And of course, don't you never share your private key on any unknown sites.

yes you are right, and it is not recommended for airdrop token hunters to download any form of wallet just to get an airdrop token. very dangerous in my opinion, they will easily identify your data through it. actually I am personally not interested in airdrops, it's just that I remind you of the dangers of these airdrops.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
August 13, 2019, 02:06:35 AM
An airdrop is a way for the project to gain extra publicity and get some people interested in their coin. The offering is free. There should be absolutely zero obligation on the recipient's part to do anything at all.
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
August 13, 2019, 01:52:19 AM
As long as you don't participate into airdrops that have as requirements to download any wallet you should be safe.

And of course, don't you never share your private key on any unknown sites.
Pages:
Jump to: