Pages:
Author

Topic: Are airdrops safe? - page 2. (Read 9479 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 250
November 30, 2019, 02:33:03 PM
No, there are so many fake and shady airdrops, so you have to be very careful before participating in any airdrop nowadays. There are many hackers and stealers trying to steal cryptocurrencies by spreading the word about their scammy airdrops. Especially don't make any KYC or give your private keys to any airdrop.
Activity: 770
November 29, 2019, 09:02:49 PM
Even a long running airdrop website will never know if the airdrop is legit or might be scam a

Airdrop is safe as long they will never ask your private key.
I seen many fake airdrops sometimes they  send it to me  by an email and sometimes you can see it in social media and they are asking for privatekey.
I often get emails that contain they will give you several tokens by following a number of methods but in my opinion it's just a fraud if you receive emails like that immediately delete them because it's a waste of your time, and if there is an airdrop that asks for your data and even then it should be avoided because not all airdrops pay
Activity: 378
Merit: 15
November 17, 2019, 06:09:48 AM
The only airdrop that are safe nowadays are trading altcoins, they always have 100% rating on airdrop websites and they have never failed me, get used to airdropbob.com they offer trusty airdrops
Activity: 1274
Merit: 264
November 16, 2019, 04:53:44 PM
There are some airdrops are worth-it and have value and some developers are very generous before but as of today no only few i know has a good project that's still doing an airdrop for free and without any exchange and just need to do the task.

And this airdrop has its value not like the others that you need to have a KYC first before getting their token since they are required to do itin their country where its registered. But, i don't recommend this because it is like giving out your personal information for just only below $1.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014
November 16, 2019, 10:56:32 AM
i think the kickex airdrop from kickico is good. it's already over 600k dollars rewards.

can you share the link for the airdrop? so everyone here can join it
since it's my first time heard that kickico made an airdrop
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
November 16, 2019, 10:31:31 AM
Airdrops are safe to join and also its free to join, the problem is how long it will takes to run and how long it will be run, because many of airdrops users are useless and almost scam for promoting their business.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1412
November 16, 2019, 09:08:17 AM
i think the kickex airdrop from kickico is good. it's already over 600k dollars rewards.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
November 05, 2019, 07:43:53 PM
The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?
They not get your fund as long you not go to their link which its phishing site so always be careful when we participate to airdrop check the site first before fill up anything and if you feel that there a suspicious in that airdrop better to avoid it. There's a lot of airdrop that legit and don't focus to airdrop there's a lot of ways to earn in crypto like bounty, social media campaigns and trading.
Activity: 373
Merit: 11
November 05, 2019, 01:33:47 PM
The way they usually work is they give you some string and you sign it to prove you own the address.

Could a malicious air drop make a transaction sending all your BTC to them, and then you sign it, and then they broadcast it to the network?
Or is signing a message different than signing a transaction?

since i know airdrop until now i still find some airdrops that can give coins / tokens for free without having to sign any message .. we only do some conditions like share/like or subscribe via social media .. after that we are waiting for distribution ... but if anyone asks something from us in any form then you should leave the airdrop because it could endanger yourself
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
November 03, 2019, 12:37:17 AM
whatever the form is either Airdrop or bounty, if they ask for something in order to receive their Token, immediately avoid it and never follow what they say, because they certainly have a bad intention to deceive you.
don't let them develop.

Yes, we should be very careful with the Airdrops, sometimes the companies are asking for private keys and also a little investment to receive the tokens. In some cases, I have given access to MEW wallet, later I have lost all my coins which I am holding them in my MEW wallet.
Then we cannot call it an airdrop but a sell for thier tokens. Asking for private key i think this one is phising so dont give your private key  to any one. Join only in an airdrop that you just need to give your address and thats the only needed for that task.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 264
October 31, 2019, 02:39:42 PM
Some airdrops are profitable but it will depends if they will provide an update on their project also on how they communicate with their members and before joining an airdrop you need to know on how much they will be distributing their token/coins and depending in the value once it listed on market.

And you are only targetting their token/coins or what you call "free money". And if they are promoting a bonus round for their members then don't buy it because it will be your loss and you are spending your money not getting it free.
Activity: 520
KUWA.ai
October 31, 2019, 01:59:07 PM
whatever the form is either Airdrop or bounty, if they ask for something in order to receive their Token, immediately avoid it and never follow what they say, because they certainly have a bad intention to deceive you.
don't let them develop.

Yes, we should be very careful with the Airdrops, sometimes the companies are asking for private keys and also a little investment to receive the tokens. In some cases, I have given access to MEW wallet, later I have lost all my coins which I am holding them in my MEW wallet.
Some people make airdrops only as bait to commit a fraud, and usually airdrops like this often require us to send ether / btc as the cost of sending their tokens and not infrequently there are airdrops that actually trap participants to enter the private key in the registration form and of course they will have unlimited access to access assets that we have in the wallet, usually those who are new to airdrops / people who are not careful will be trapped in an airdrop scam.
We should be careful and thorough in filling out the registration form of an airdrop, avoiding the airdrop project asking for ether / btc, requesting a private key and ordering clicking on a link included in the form.
Activity: 278
Merit: 10
October 31, 2019, 02:51:51 AM
don't let them develop.

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1469
October 30, 2019, 01:56:14 PM
don't let them develop.

Not necessarily IMO. If they are asking for something to download or provide them your private key or sign up using it then definitely they are trying to pull out a scam. However there are many who just ask for simple tasks like promotion or give them like on certain platform and they most likely pay also as well.

Airdrop or bounty hunters should know what they should provide them and what not.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
October 26, 2019, 09:53:59 AM
Airdrops are safe as long they would not ask for your private details n order to get your airdrop tokens. Most of airdrops these days you will provide kyc which is not good for every participants.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 103
October 26, 2019, 01:42:26 AM
Most of the airdrops are safe, People become prey when they have lack of information. All you need is to do some research work to avoid scams. It will be good to visit trusted sites to check which airdrop campaigns are legit and which is not.
Even a long running airdrop website will never know if the airdrop is legit or might be scam a

I seen many fake airdrops sometimes they  send it to me  by an email and sometimes you can see it in social media and they are asking for privatekey.
Maybe that was a fraud from spammers. I would be appreciated if someone can explain me why do Airdrop organizators may need a private key. One day I received letter from fake Blockchain info domain, it was very plausible but I have recognized it pretty quickly after reading article on resource HABR.
There are many fraud scammers here. Sometimes they make a spreadsheet asking for privatekey which is not really needed if they are legit one.
And other make thier own website samething asking for deposit before you can claim your airdop. You can not be fool with that if you are aware but not for newbie in crypto.

That's why we should always be very careful with the Airdrops because most of them are a scam which we don't see any value to the coin and simply asking for KYC. Some companies will ask for Private key which I don't know and this makes me most of the Airdrops are scam without any value to the coin.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
October 09, 2019, 09:56:29 AM
I hope most of the Airdrops are completely scam which they are asking for the KYC procedure which we don't know what they will do with our information. At least they might pay very low value to us which we cannot able to transfer the coin to the exchanges. So we should be very careful with the Airdrops we are joining.

I assume all of them is scam if they do that since I don't really see the point on why they ask a KYC to the participant since at the first place they are the one who offers that and it's so shady for airdrop owner to there participants. And also I think I read some informations that they will sell all the identities on the darkweb since if the case then we will be in big trouble if our identity will be use on illegal things online.
Activity: 278
Merit: 10
October 09, 2019, 08:34:19 AM
I hope most of the Airdrops are completely scam which they are asking for the KYC procedure which we don't know what they will do with our information. At least they might pay very low value to us which we cannot able to transfer the coin to the exchanges. So we should be very careful with the Airdrops we are joining.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
October 08, 2019, 11:46:45 AM
Most of the airdrops are safe, People become prey when they have lack of information. All you need is to do some research work to avoid scams. It will be good to visit trusted sites to check which airdrop campaigns are legit and which is not.

I seen many fake airdrops sometimes they  send it to me  by an email and sometimes you can see it in social media and they are asking for privatekey.
Maybe that was a fraud from spammers. I would be appreciated if someone can explain me why do Airdrop organizators may need a private key. One day I received letter from fake Blockchain info domain, it was very plausible but I have recognized it pretty quickly after reading article on resource HABR.
There are many fraud scammers here. Sometimes they make a spreadsheet asking for privatekey which is not really needed if they are legit one.
And other make thier own website samething asking for deposit before you can claim your airdop. You can not be fool with that if you are aware but not for newbie in crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
October 08, 2019, 11:44:14 AM
Not all of the airdrops are safe, you have to make your research about the project before participating in any airdrop. Many fake airdrops are selling the data of their participants to third parties, and there are also some airdrops even asking for the private keys to access your wallet and steal your funds. So be careful before participating in any airdrop.
Pages:
Jump to: