Pages:
Author

Topic: Are Alts About to Crash? - page 2. (Read 1374 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 10
June 01, 2018, 06:40:49 PM
No, please tell me why they would be crashing now? the market is more stable than before, so i do not think that there is something bad happening, in fact, i am more than confident about it at this moment
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
June 01, 2018, 06:28:49 PM
Hey,

I see that we've finally entered a bullish phase (not sure how long this is going to last). I think it will be good for May pending any kind of FUD. June is the adsense FUD.

But anyway, I've read some articles that say that alts are making a comeback and money is pouring into alts... but these same articles caution that experts think that soon money will be pouring into bitcoin from alts. They say the infusion of money into alts is only temporary.

I'm sure most of you have seen that when BTC rallies too fast, alts crash. I was wondering if you guys think that a fast BTC rally is in the immediate future?

Are you hodling alts or are you going to go into BTC to ride out the BTC pump, then buy all the crashed alts?

Currently still not BTC pump, but we have seen different situations. ALTS been raising and BTC crashing, we also seen every possible choice lie ALTS BTC raising/crashing together.

However, some alts can grow really a lot while BTC is dropping (so I am hodling some really not very known alts, which got potential) otherwise average alts would be preferable to switch to BTC I believe.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
June 01, 2018, 04:20:26 PM
well, prediction is prediction. we can't see them untill it coming. but i prefer you do what you believe either right or wrong.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
June 01, 2018, 03:45:22 PM
Currently there are 1640 crypto currencies registered on https://coinmarketcap.com including Bitcoin then according to you alts are about to crash means that 1639 crypto currencies are about to crash in the coming days but I don't think such a movement is possible as it will mean that total market cap will be depleted at an alarming rate.

First of all, all alts will never crash all together there are always some coins which gain when market is crashing. Secondly, you need to be more specify about the alts you are concerned as there might be few alts which may never gain the momentum to rise after market is crashed.
Activity: 224
Merit: 13
June 01, 2018, 02:10:49 PM
I do not think so. Just altcoins are heavily dependent on bitcoin, which is not in the best condition.
Activity: 57
June 01, 2018, 02:04:23 PM
what kind of Alts are you talking about? if you are talking about those worthless ones and scam then nearly or this day they will cease to exist in the future, those legit and hidden gems are commonly aligned to the bitcoins price flow, but not always correlated like the other altcoins but the basic pairing are always alt/btc then other alts pair to another one so bitcoin bloodbath moments then some of them will follow the same fate.

Yeah, basically this.

The shitty, worthless coins made by scam artists will fall and die in the next year. Only the coins with a solid product and real partnerships and investments will flourish and do great - ICX and AMB for example.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
June 01, 2018, 12:43:24 PM
what kind of Alts are you talking about? if you are talking about those worthless ones and scam then nearly or this day they will cease to exist in the future, those legit and hidden gems are commonly aligned to the bitcoins price flow, but not always correlated like the other altcoins but the basic pairing are always alt/btc then other alts pair to another one so bitcoin bloodbath moments then some of them will follow the same fate.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 261
★ Investor | Trader | Promoter
June 01, 2018, 12:18:49 PM
It depends. But it may not happen as long as altcoins value is inter related with bitcoin growth.  As long as bitcoin has value, altcoins would still have their growth.  The teams do not give up still. We can even see too many new crypto currencies created. This shows the success of crypto currencies. So let's have positive thoughts which will manipulate the altcoins and crypto currencies growth in return.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
June 01, 2018, 10:38:36 AM
Well we should expect the dump of altcoins when Bitcoin is crashing. Because they are totally manipulated by bitcoin even some of us not really believing this but bitcoin is the main coins and crypto and I believe that it is manipulated by bitcoin.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 14
June 01, 2018, 10:32:24 AM
I hold a lot of altcoins and probably it is not very good, because my portfolio lost about 50% form high prices.
So now I probably buy ETH for 50% percent of all my portfolio, and the rest I'll hold in the altcoins.
It's better really to hold for long time. Because I didn't have the best experience with the Limpo. I sold it when it was$ 0.01 and now it costs about $ 0.12 . It was my X10, but I sold it, even though I left the other shitcoins. So if you keep the coins, then keep everything, do not sell parts like me.
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
Telegram Moderator, Hire me
June 01, 2018, 10:19:07 AM
Hey,

I see that we've finally entered a bullish phase (not sure how long this is going to last). I think it will be good for May pending any kind of FUD. June is the adsense FUD.

But anyway, I've read some articles that say that alts are making a comeback and money is pouring into alts... but these same articles caution that experts think that soon money will be pouring into bitcoin from alts. They say the infusion of money into alts is only temporary.

I'm sure most of you have seen that when BTC rallies too fast, alts crash. I was wondering if you guys think that a fast BTC rally is in the immediate future?

Are you hodling alts or are you going to go into BTC to ride out the BTC pump, then buy all the crashed alts?

I think you got the reverse scene. When BTC rally to go up almost all alts are going uptrend also, however there are few alts crash when it happens but majority of alts are connected to bitcoins price trend. Altcoins will never die, there are lot of alts that has stable position in the market example are ethereum, litecoin, neo, etc.  Only the shitcoins will die sooner or later.
Merit: 100
Prontapay
June 01, 2018, 10:05:51 AM
The behavour of Alt coins is directly depending on bitcoin,so same way a question can be asked about btc then.Will it crash or not.
copper member
Activity: 350
June 01, 2018, 09:35:27 AM
Not if their developers are maintaining them. Some altcoins can crash but not all of them. The best will withstand in time. Sad to say some developers leave their old alts to make new ones to make another profit.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
May 29, 2018, 04:50:50 AM
Every time Bitcoin falls steeply, alts take a similar hit too. This has been observed over the past few years. The moment we see market red, everyone begins to panic and selling their coins out of impatience. By doing this, they become a part of the dump and alts begin to take hit too. Alts are the ones which suffer the most every time such a scenario arises in the market.
Hence, it is highly recommended that you do not panic and stay calm and composed.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
May 29, 2018, 04:29:25 AM

I don't see any reason why altcoins will crash once btc rallies up. BTC is the pilot coin and whoever is leading the rally should bring the rest with it. I think once BTC increases, ETH will rise, and so will altcoins. This is just based on my observation. There may be other technical explanations about this but I'm not a technical type of person though.

Activity: 9
May 29, 2018, 03:29:25 AM
Its not about the current price but the future of the altcoin. The market will have a lot of rise and falls and if you are looking for a long term investment and hodl-ing you should consider coins with strong fundamentals,strong and determined team and posibility for future use of the coin/token. I'm talking 5 years, 10 years even. A coin/token/project should solve a real world issue and must be ahead of the competition in the sphere to have a chance for a long term survival. Any product that combines those features and has good coin economic should survive any bear market.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
May 29, 2018, 03:21:59 AM
I think the prices will go up again soon. I see a very good buying opportunity right now, and I do not think prices will fall much more. Whalers will not allow a greater fall.
We will see big pumps in a few days Smiley
May 29, 2018, 03:20:48 AM
it's too early to had that tought, even with the current market condition. i think theres still hope on the end of Q2
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
May 28, 2018, 08:29:27 PM
Many altcoins have been able to supply the deficiencies of bitcoin through technological improvements that have made the use of cryptocurrencies a more user-friendly experience, allowing faster and cheaper transactions, and improving issues such as scalability and energy consumption.

Therefore, I do not think they will disappear, although the current abundance of altcoins seems unjustifiable and unnecessary, so it is likely that in the long term many of them tend to fall into oblivion or abandonment.
Activity: 55
May 29, 2018, 02:58:09 AM
i don't think that bitcoin will start a new rally in the near period
Pages:
Jump to: