Pages:
Author

Topic: Are Coinabul still operating? - page 3. (Read 5630 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
February 21, 2013, 07:24:35 PM
Coingenuity has fixed all issues.

Emails:  They are being tagged as spam by major providers because of keywords.  This is not ideal, but hard to get around.  As an IT guy, I know what a pain this can be.  Even if you get it fixed, it will take a long time for the filters to update.

Communication:  As soon as the staff wakes up, they handle the issues in order.  It may take 4-12 hours to get through all support emails.  But if you ask them for your invoice, they will send you a professional PDF of your purchase.  They also will update you with the shipping date.  

Location:  They ship from the US and have setup near airports to make it as quick as possible.  Shipments leaving the US are subject to customs of the destination countries.  This is not their fault -- they don't own CUSTOMS.  But they seem to work hard to sort these issues out.  

I feel confident they are working hard, sometimes 20hrs a day, to handle the large influx of purchases.  My communication with Jon has been excellent.  

If you have any questions about my purchases or experience, don't hesitate to PM.  

Cheers,
A Dead Weasel
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
February 20, 2013, 09:28:20 AM
yeah just a warning I never got my 2 bars of silver from coinabul some 6 months ago, or a refund on my 8btc paid... why ?? because the guy never paid customs and apparently the bars were returned to sender, but coinabul never repaid me the BTC or declared they recieved the bars back... a trusted friend of mine then told me to watch out for coinabul as the guy running it is a sly piece of work and skimps on anything and he was not surprised by my situation...

btw it took like 2 months for the guy to even send the bars in the first place.... if he ever did...

Have you tried contacting us?

Yes i contacted you initially when the item was returned to sender... your response was that you would look into it once the bars were returned.. i sent emails about 1-2 months ago asking if anything had been recieved and if i could get a refund... no replies Sad i can send again if u need to look up tracking info and order numbers etc?

ty for replying in here Smiley
I'm not sure who you are, so please send again. I'll figure out what happened!

Thanks,
-Jon
Hi jon just sent an email to [email protected], I await your response Smiley
Can you send it to jon [at] coinabul.com. Contact emails do not always go to me.

Jon,

I have sent you a PM and a support email at this address.  I would like a confirmation of my purchase and an ETA ASAP. 

If my purchase goes smoothly I will review your service here and in another thread. 

Thanks,
Rex
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
February 18, 2013, 08:05:21 PM
After reading this, and with the slow, slow no-contact issues I had with them months ago, i will never purchase from them again. I was lucky in that I got my metal. If the buyer did nothing wrong, why haven't you or the insurance company made them whole? Sounds like the buyer did nothing wrong, except doing business with you.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 18, 2013, 03:36:14 AM
We filed a claim with the insurance company but they refused the claim. It is not our fault, and we cannot be possibly expected to act as a fallback insurance company, we'd be bankrupt after a couple incidents.
Under Australian consumer law you would be legally obliged to act as a fallback. Your insurance company insures you, not me. So, I certainly CAN expect it.

Jay offered to pay you back out of his pocket, but apparently you rubbed him the wrong way after "harassing them via IRC." At no point did he say you were getting any money back, he said he would probably pay you back, out of his own pocket, because he felt bad about the situation. Company policy dictates that we can't do that. We can't afford to provide that privilege to all customers that have claims that get denied.

I rubbed him the wrong way? I was never anything but polite. Communication was never initiated by anyone but me. Please remember that this has been going on for over 7 months. Excuse me if I was persistent.

That he had the gall to act affronted when I am the one aggrieved speaks volumes about your business.

Jay offered to pay you back out of his pocket... At no point did he say you were getting any money back.

Pick one. You can't have both.

As for the tracking info: I can send you a PM with the tracking number if you would like for *proof*.

That would be nice, thank you. Please PM it.

you should be complaining to the insurance company, not us.

Why? I'm not their customer, Coinabul is.

Furthermore, here is a timeline of events!

Apologies if my dates were off. One of the downfalls of not receiving email is that I have no record on which to fall back. I suspect that is one of the benefits for the other side of only interacting via IRC.
legendary
Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010
February 17, 2013, 10:12:23 PM
yeah just a warning I never got my 2 bars of silver from coinabul some 6 months ago, or a refund on my 8btc paid... why ?? because the guy never paid customs and apparently the bars were returned to sender, but coinabul never repaid me the BTC or declared they recieved the bars back... a trusted friend of mine then told me to watch out for coinabul as the guy running it is a sly piece of work and skimps on anything and he was not surprised by my situation...

btw it took like 2 months for the guy to even send the bars in the first place.... if he ever did...

Yes i contacted you initially when the item was returned to sender... your response was that you would look into it once the bars were returned.. i sent emails about 1-2 months ago asking if anything had been recieved and if i could get a refund... no replies Sad i can send again if u need to look up tracking info and order numbers etc?

Thanks,
-Jon
Can you send it to jon [at] coinabul.com. Contact emails do not always go to me.
Can do Smiley just sent
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
February 17, 2013, 10:04:32 PM

Thanks,
-Jon
legendary
February 17, 2013, 09:35:20 PM

Thanks,
-Jon
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
February 17, 2013, 09:25:37 PM

Thanks,
-Jon
legendary
February 17, 2013, 08:34:11 PM

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
February 17, 2013, 05:48:08 PM
shoulda gone with amagimetals!
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
February 17, 2013, 05:35:25 PM

As to the other claims, if something was sent via USPS and insured, it came with tracking. If the USPS confirms receipt of the item (i.e. it is in process, went out for distribution,etc), then it's between the buyer and the USPS. I'm only here clarifying these things because i sell online as well, and didn't want the incorrect information here to become accepted fact to someone who doesn't know better.

That's what I would have thought. I asked them for a tracking number and they told me that there wasn't one. I suspect that they don't send it via insured post, but send it via regular post and insure it some other way? Why else would an insurance company be involved?

I'd also be curious to know - in both cases of non-receipt, was the shipping address on both overseas (i.e. out of the continental US)?

Outside of continental US here, Australia. Where, incidentally, consumer protection laws make what happened here blatantly illegal.
Check the below two links. Both are orders i had from customers in Australia over the last few months. Both confirmed received well over a month ago, both never had their tracking status updated after they left the United States. Every problem i've ever had with international shipping occurs after it leaves the USPS's hands. Other country's postal systems are just poorly run. However, i'd be willing to bet if you spent more time than just checking the tracking number online, and dug a little deeper (called your country's postal system), you would find your answer. I don't believe that you were scammed at all.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?qtc_tLabels1=LN384879108US

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?qtc_tLabels1=LN389079020US

There was a series of changes (all to the worse) for tracking.  USPS had to pay the other countries for scanning and slowly USPS stopped doing that.  Now it is luck of the draw for packages to get scanned.  USPS stopped tracking for the small flat rate box international last year though again sometimes they DID get scanned and tracked anyhow. 

There needs to be a worldwide standard for postal tracking and scanning.

I was dealing with customs in Thailand and they demand an enormous fee if the buyer initiates a RTS procedure. It's absolute thievery.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
February 17, 2013, 05:23:05 PM

As to the other claims, if something was sent via USPS and insured, it came with tracking. If the USPS confirms receipt of the item (i.e. it is in process, went out for distribution,etc), then it's between the buyer and the USPS. I'm only here clarifying these things because i sell online as well, and didn't want the incorrect information here to become accepted fact to someone who doesn't know better.

That's what I would have thought. I asked them for a tracking number and they told me that there wasn't one. I suspect that they don't send it via insured post, but send it via regular post and insure it some other way? Why else would an insurance company be involved?

I'd also be curious to know - in both cases of non-receipt, was the shipping address on both overseas (i.e. out of the continental US)?

Outside of continental US here, Australia. Where, incidentally, consumer protection laws make what happened here blatantly illegal.
Check the below two links. Both are orders i had from customers in Australia over the last few months. Both confirmed received well over a month ago, both never had their tracking status updated after they left the United States. Every problem i've ever had with international shipping occurs after it leaves the USPS's hands. Other country's postal systems are just poorly run. However, i'd be willing to bet if you spent more time than just checking the tracking number online, and dug a little deeper (called your country's postal system), you would find your answer. I don't believe that you were scammed at all.

There was a series of changes (all to the worse) for tracking.  USPS had to pay the other countries for scanning and slowly USPS stopped doing that.  Now it is luck of the draw for packages to get scanned.  USPS stopped tracking for the small flat rate box international last year though again sometimes they DID get scanned and tracked anyhow. 

There needs to be a worldwide standard for postal tracking and scanning.
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
February 17, 2013, 05:12:42 PM
what the ?
They still owe you 8btc ?

They still owe me over 80 btc!

So this post finally shook loose a response email. I had been communicating with someone via IRC a few months ago, but given the lack of any other forms of communication I had my doubts if that person was really part of Coinabul. This email confirms that it was and the story goes like this:

I ordered a stack of silver from Coinabul in July 2012 and paid for insured shipping. It took over six weeks for them to (allegedly) send it. In that whole time I received no emails or other comms initiated by them and progress was only due to me harassing them via IRC.

When I didn't receive the shipment in a reasonable time frame I contacted them again. It should have been easy to find with a tracking number... but they don't use tracking numbers! How they can use insured shipping with no tracking numbers eludes me.  Because I have no proof that it was ever sent, I have doubts that it ever was.

They then said they'd start an insurance claim but apparently the insurance company refused to cover it for some reason. Jay said he'd "probably replace all or part of it at [his] own cost" but then changed his mind.

The last: "There is nothing more that I can do for you".

Moral of the story: If they do bother to send your shipment, they apparently have no need to replace it if it gets lost -- even if you pay for insurance.

Hello,

All of our orders, insured or not, having tracking information.

We filed a claim with the insurance company but they refused the claim. It is not our fault, and we cannot be possibly expected to act as a fallback insurance company, we'd be bankrupt after a couple incidents.

Jay offered to pay you back out of his pocket, but apparently you rubbed him the wrong way after "harassing them via IRC." At no point did he say you were getting any money back, he said he would probably pay you back, out of his own pocket, because he felt bad about the situation. Company policy dictates that we can't do that. We can't afford to provide that privilege to all customers that have claims that get denied.

As for the tracking info: I can send you a PM with the tracking number if you would like for *proof*.

I do apologize for this whole event. We've processed well over a million dollars in precious metals transactions, we don't tend to lose packages, and we almost never have to file insurance claims. It was an unlucky break and you should be complaining to the insurance company, not us.

Furthermore, here is a timeline of events!

July 30th, order placed.

August 22nd, order shipping

August 25th, order leaves shipping facility. Heading overseas, where it is lost, probably in customs.

17 business days or ~3 weeks of processing. Not 6 weeks.

We've had a lot of issues with gmail deleting our confirmation emails, but we always urge customers to either check the dashboard, where all that info is listed, or to email us.

All in all, it was unfortunate, but not our fault. When you ship anything internationally there is always an added risk, also insurance companies can be awful.

Once again, I apologize for this incident,
-Jon
Activity: 742
February 17, 2013, 05:09:22 PM

February 17, 2013, 04:59:06 PM

Activity: 742
February 17, 2013, 04:53:22 PM

Sellers aren't responsible for duty/VAT fees at the destination country. That's beyond absurd that you don't understand that.

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
February 17, 2013, 04:49:57 PM

February 17, 2013, 04:17:21 PM
what the ?

They still owe me over 80 btc!

So this post finally shook loose a response email. I had been communicating with someone via IRC a few months ago, but given the lack of any other forms of communication I had my doubts if that person was really part of Coinabul. This email confirms that it was and the story goes like this:

I ordered a stack of silver from Coinabul in July 2012 and paid for insured shipping. It took over six weeks for them to (allegedly) send it. In that whole time I received no emails or other comms initiated by them and progress was only due to me harassing them via IRC.

When I didn't receive the shipment in a reasonable time frame I contacted them again. It should have been easy to find with a tracking number... but they don't use tracking numbers! How they can use insured shipping with no tracking numbers eludes me.  Because I have no proof that it was ever sent, I have doubts that it ever was.

They then said they'd start an insurance claim but apparently the insurance company refused to cover it for some reason. Jay said he'd "probably replace all or part of it at [his] own cost" but then changed his mind.

The last: "There is nothing more that I can do for you".

Moral of the story: If they do bother to send your shipment, they apparently have no need to replace it if it gets lost -- even if you pay for insurance.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 17, 2013, 11:17:36 AM
what the ?

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
February 17, 2013, 11:05:53 AM

I have not heard if a situation where the sender pays customs.

Pages:
Jump to: