Pages:
Author

Topic: Are electric cars bad for the oil industry? - page 17. (Read 23588 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Probably will, but definitely good for our environment,
A possible treat to oil industry and economy specially US and Canada and other countries big oil producing
Activity: 271
Merit: 100
Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
Of course it will affect the oil industry, if electitric cars and electronic bikes  became popular and the quantty of these electric transportation grow then the demend in oil will go down.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
The electric car is environmentally friendly but can not yet replace the oil car I guess if the oil has begun to run out some electric cars will become popular and in mass production.

On average an electric car is around 8 to 10 times more expensive when compared to the equivalent gasoline-driven car. As long as it remains unaffordable to the majority of the world population, electric cars can't expect to replace those run with gasoline and diesel oil. Another factor is the unavailability of Lithium, which is needed for making the batteries of electric cars.
Activity: 214
I'm sure someday a manufacturer of fuel oil will be experiencing bankruptcy. When the oil has run out.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
The oil industry will reach an end eventually, electric cars cannot replace normal cars anyways so basically they should compete together and not against each other. What can put the oil industry at risk could be a fuel that can be made of renewable sources like biodiesel or similar
Activity: 30
The electric car is environmentally friendly but can not yet replace the oil car I guess if the oil has begun to run out some electric cars will become popular and in mass production.
Activity: 41
Yes they are, and the giants will do the best they can to slow the progress.
Activity: 38
Not at all. I think the world will still be dependent on gas regardless.  The electric cars   major challenge is costs. Battery technology is expensive, and because batteries in electric cars need to be able to hold massive amounts of charge to make the cars practical for most drivers, they have to be built using expensive materials, most of which are tough to procure. Because electric cars cost a lot to build.
 This industry (electric cars)  will not grow as much .. probably need another decade or so. for us  to see if it can really effect the oil industry.
Activity: 174
currently, the supply of oil decreases. So, I think the breakthrough to develop the electric car is a very good decision.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
Those in the oil industry must know that they are working with a finite resource, however the price will fluctuate wildly but the long term trend is up. It's just whether all the current systems that run on oil can be converted to other power sources before it runs out. Oil will be fine for a while, it's in a glut right now but that can tighten right up any day.

That's right. Even oil companies right now are exploring ways to try to prolong the use of oil through mixing their fuel with other additives, so it won't be composed in totality of converted fuel. Another thing is even if it would actually hurt the oil industry, it won't be much because there are still lots of cars in the market today. There are so many vehicles that the supply of fuel and electric cars are even not enough to sufficiently support the demand. It's just a matter of what options people would better choose in their cars, some like fuel because it's easier to find, while others want to support the green movement and switch to electric cars.
Activity: 30
not too bad, I think. still we need to produce that much electricity somehow...
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
It will take time for the electric cars to gain over those with gas engines. The main reason for this is the price of electric cars. It will not be commercially successful due to this. Maybe if electric cars are cheaper, then there will be a problem for the oil industry.
legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013
For now, i believe market is big enough to sustain both the services equally, electric and conventional vehicles could co-exist. A little change in demand won't cause much loss to the oil industry as it has utilization in various other sectors than just transporting.
Well, are electric cars competing against the oil industry?

Then yes it's bad for the oil industry. If I open a supermarket next to another supermarket, then it's bad for that other supermarket.

I know a person in Kentucky with a similar story, it hurts it.
I think they are bad, but there ain’t many electric cars around, and not everyone are into electric cars, that’s number one point. Next, if actually there happens to be less of oil powered cars and more of electric cars, oil industries can still profit from other areas, cause there are many things that requires oil. By the way, electric cars needs lubrication oil to keep things going.
I agree, most of car enthusiasts don't like the "feel" of electric cars. It would take a lot of time to change this mindset, conventions are indeed hard to change.
Lubrication oil makes a very very tiny percentage of the actual oil industry, so small that its only referred as a by-product.
Activity: 378
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
Title.

So. Electric cars are gaining in popularity, therefore the popularity of gasoline will be going down. Won't the price go down, leaving the oil industry in trouble?
Indeed, electric cars are damaging to the oil industry because electric vehicles are so commonplace that it can be used in the future in the future. This causes the cars to run on unshipped oil and excess oil, which is bad for the oil industry
Activity: 243
Title.

I think yes,its bad for the oil industry if all in country use this kind of electricity car that no need oil.but  its a little bit.rather than that.oil industry is need some of company that always use oil in their operation on their plan.
Activity: 126
Definitely electric cars has bad effect for the oil companies. Instead of using oil as fuel to our cars it will changed to electricity.
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
electric cars are reality and near future. Oil industry deserves to crash, with implementation of electric stations the price of oil will go down. I said they deserve to collapse because oil industry helped in polluting our Planet and living environment. reason for many ecological disasters.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
Yes electrical cars are indeed bad for the oil industry because people will buy them and less oil then no one will buy oil anymore and the price of oil will go down but we can also make other uses for oil.
Activity: 28
Electric cars doesn't affect oil industry that much yet. It is bad for oil companies but it's not like demand goes to 0. At least as long as they are not produced massively and used by majority of population.
And really what can oil industry do? Oil will run out sooner or later and when that happens we must be ready to embrace that change. There is so much potential in electricity as renewing source of energy and also it doesn't affect mother nature. Greenhouse effect and all.
Personaly I wish we start using electric cars massively.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
If majority of people will used electric cars therefore oil industries will be affected in terms of demand, and it will affect also the oil price that going into lower level. But as of this moment majority of all running vehicle are under oil car machine.
Pages:
Jump to: