Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs scam? - page 19. (Read 5436 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 100
September 19, 2017, 08:23:57 PM
some icos are pure scam but some icos really good project and they will be good in the future.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
September 19, 2017, 07:41:13 PM
i hope that they are not since i am going to invest in one of them.  Grin

I think that it is case by case issue, some of them can scam you,some  are legit.
In essence it is same as with StartUps , they can fail or go broke intentionally .
Good example is Juicero.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 19, 2017, 06:55:46 PM
All ICO's are not scam.. lot of good projects with great team..
Activity: 14
September 19, 2017, 12:38:24 PM
Now a days there are many ICO's are there. There is a risk of failure or scammed. self study before invest is must
Activity: 266
Merit: 256
September 19, 2017, 12:35:00 PM
There are certainly some good ICOs out there with innovative ideas and technologies that really do need the money to get up and running.  There are also plenty of scams, and they can be hard to spot.  Always do your research, including looking up the team members' social media pages to see if they are legit.  And of course, never spend more money than you can afford to lose, even if it isn't a scam and simply flops.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
September 19, 2017, 12:00:57 PM
Not all ICO's are scam. Infast some of the best ICO that you can think of investing are - kyber, hazza, dragoncoin etc.
With the ICO regulations comng in, all the scam ICO's will cease to exist, and this was a much needed step. I am happy and positive about ICO future.
Activity: 448
September 19, 2017, 11:26:24 AM
actually no fakes are scam at all,
i think You should invest in community coffers, which are less scarmed than other coins,

What are community coffers?
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 19, 2017, 11:25:49 AM
Gaining as much info as I can from different perspectives.
Activity: 42
September 19, 2017, 11:24:47 AM
actually no fakes are scam at all,
i think You should invest in community coffers, which are less scarmed than other coins,
Activity: 448
September 19, 2017, 11:24:04 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
So far, ico now has too many of them, and sometimes you will get confused in which them are really potentials, but of course still you need to be careful anyway on choosing ico. Maybe that's one of the reason why China banned the ico to their country.

Thats true but China not banned the ICO´s they try to find regulations for this. On the one side it is good that there is be a regulation on ICO (because of scamming) but on the other side it´s bad for investors Smiley I say all adult people in this scene should know what to do. Others should leave there hands from such things.

Yup.  Grin
Activity: 431
September 19, 2017, 11:21:34 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
So far, ico now has too many of them, and sometimes you will get confused in which them are really potentials, but of course still you need to be careful anyway on choosing ico. Maybe that's one of the reason why China banned the ico to their country.

Thats true but China not banned the ICO´s they try to find regulations for this. On the one side it is good that there is be a regulation on ICO (because of scamming) but on the other side it´s bad for investors Smiley I say all adult people in this scene should know what to do. Others should leave there hands from such things.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
September 19, 2017, 11:20:51 AM
There are some ICO that turned to scam once they have accumulated funds but there are also legit ICO. You need to do some research first before investing on ICO. Look for their developers, whitepaper, roadmap and any other things related to their future plans on their coin. Be wise on investing and invest only what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
September 19, 2017, 11:18:04 AM
Activity: 194
September 19, 2017, 11:16:10 AM
Well recently there have been some ICO that turns to be scam after raising funds from inveators but generally ICO is not scam and a really good investment opportunity which should be good for both project devs and investors if they succeed. Unfornately, there are really lots of scammer in this world who use ICO in their own benifits and steal money of investor
Activity: 202
September 19, 2017, 11:02:23 AM
Some are definitely scams, but there are plenty who honestly believe in what they are doing. Do your research, that is the most important thing. What are they selling? Is it just an ERC20 or WAVES token? What purpose does it serve? If it is a scam it should be pretty obvious that it doesn't actually serve any purpose at all.

Really, look for the technology behind what you are looking at. There are tokens that are based on real tech that will be around for a long time. Look at IOTA, Tangle is super cool and eventually their token will be worth good money because of it. Another one is DragonChain, I think their ICO is coming up sometime soon, they are another great example of real innovative technology, not just some token that plans on "changing the way you do blah blah blah".

Activity: 647
Merit: 260
September 19, 2017, 10:47:56 AM
I am pretty sure that there are a lot of ICOs that are just scam. Most people trying to take your money, but there a still a few nice projects that will have some nice movements to the moon Smiley Just have to do enough research, before you invest in an ICO!
Activity: 310
JACS.tech
September 19, 2017, 10:47:04 AM

It really depends.....definitely we can never say that all ICOs are fake and we can never say that all of them are legitimate

The important question now is: Did you do your own due diligence before taking the decision to join that ICO?
Activity: 294
Merit: 125
Alea iacta est
September 19, 2017, 10:39:33 AM
Not all of them are scams but there aren't a lot of genuine ico's either. I advise you to do a lot of research before you invest into an ico. Keep in mind that by investing in an ico you are essentially investing in a company that hasn't even started yet. You are just investing in a concept. 90% of business will eventually fail, that makes the reward risk reward ratio even thighter.
Activity: 282
September 19, 2017, 10:33:30 AM
No, at least that’s not the main idea of ICO. However, it can be extremely easy to cause a fraud or to fall for it unless you do a proper research on the project. If you are willing to back any campaign, you need to pay attention to its details and the project's description written in whitepaper.
Activity: 234
September 19, 2017, 10:09:55 AM
Although there are a lot of ICO's popping up all over the place, it does not mean that there are a lot of scams.

It is also noting that just because and ICO fails even after raising capital, it might not be a scam, maybe the project just failed.

When it comes to investing into ICO's it is like any other investment, research is key. Things that i look for in an ICO are:-

- Strong white paper - This is a must as it will show where the company is going and why they need a cryptocurrency in their system.
- Strong team - Not just a development team, but also marketers and a CEO. Does not matter how good the concept is, it will crumble with a poor team.
- Finite supply - you need to have a certain supply of the token.
- good website and strong social media - shows they are putting money and wanting to connect with investors.
- concept - Do they need a cryptocurrency?

Once these are in place, then you can decide if you like the project.
Pages:
Jump to: