Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs scam? - page 20. (Read 5436 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 100
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
September 19, 2017, 04:50:39 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
If I may know, what ICO do you follow?
Usually, the cheat ico is when he disappears when ico has finished.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
September 19, 2017, 03:53:32 AM
I just joined an ICO, is there any possibilities that I will be scammed. They have just collected $5-10 million.
Worrry more about jail seeing they are illegal.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
September 19, 2017, 03:51:59 AM
I don't think that all ICOs are scam. Maybe there are some ICO that completely disappeared after the end, but you cannot justify all of them are. There are lots of altcoins nowadays that are successful and they all started with ICO. Just be mindful of the offerings that new ICOs give, if the payouts is too much to be true then better watchout. Just do research when you intend to join one, especially if you want to invest. If you want to have bigger assurance, just look for campaign managers who have run ICOs that paid.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
September 19, 2017, 03:47:52 AM
I have came to think most of them are scams, and the new way to get money from users. Of course there will be exceptions.

But not long ago, whenever someone created a coin with some premine, even if it was just 10% premine... people will cry SCAM!

Now there are ICOS everywhere, when you pay in advance for tokens (that are nothing but premined coins) ... and for the most part, none says nothing. Just because they show a roadmap or innovative idea to get the dollars in.

Seems rather funny to me.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
September 19, 2017, 03:43:31 AM
Not all icos are scams, depending which Ico ofcourse there are alot of projects that are scams, alot that are good but just not good enough but surely there are icos which are good, btc is not the only coin that is having a function, look at pay/tenx,  omg, qtum and neo these are working products and some of them have more than bitcoin in the form of a physical product.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
September 19, 2017, 03:34:56 AM
The answer is no, ICOs are not scam. ICOs are associated with scams because many projects offering new tokens or coins ended up scams. Some others may not be scams but it failed miserably. Some other devs of projects also ran away whatever gathered through ICOs.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
September 19, 2017, 03:23:53 AM
Some are, some aren't. You just have to pick the few good ones. We're talking about investing here; so make sure to do a lot of research before sending up your bitcoin or ethereum to the ICO's address. I won't list the things what you need to find in an ICO to minimize the risks of being scammed because I've posted it in these boards a numerous times already. Read through past similar threads to find decent answers.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-know-legit-altcoin-that-offer-legit-ico-1478633
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/most-important-criterias-of-choosing-to-invest-in-ico-1717726

I have the same question. But if they wew scams then so many ICOs would be out in the market. Would like to hear from senior members.

There are actually so much ICOs right now. And the number are still increasing.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
September 19, 2017, 03:03:07 AM
Some are from the get go, but others just fail for other reasons. Try to research about it as much as you can. It's a case by case issue.

I just joined electroneum. Please someone, can anyone judge it for me. What can you say?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
September 19, 2017, 02:57:30 AM
I have the same question. But if they wew scams then so many ICOs would be out in the market. Would like to hear from senior members.
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp
September 19, 2017, 02:55:27 AM
Some are from the get go, but others just fail for other reasons. Try to research about it as much as you can. It's a case by case issue.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
September 19, 2017, 02:52:47 AM
Pages:
Jump to: