Pages:
Author

Topic: Are newbies afraid to comment on threads of highly ranked members? - page 2. (Read 1021 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 6
You are very  correct, It happened to me too but the thing is no body is an island that is to say that someone can never be right or correct all the time. One of my challenge was that I find it so difficult to comprehend their article. Just like I said no body is an island if you comprehend their article and you know what to say feel free to say it and trust me a nice person will reply you and even award you merit provided what you said is in line or correct.
Activity: 107
Merit: 18
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I've been confused for several days about something that led to this thread. Many may find my subject ridiculous, fanciful, or incoherent, or I may be critical, but I still need to clear my doubts.

I want to give my opinion on some threads when I read threads of senior, legendary, or ranked , but being a newbie, I am afraid to join discussions with seniors, (legendary) members. The scary thing is (though it may be completely wrong to think), I think, can tell me, how a newbie engages in discussions with seniors, wants to give advice, what I know and how little I know. Also, I have a small number of threads that have no merit (that's my main fear). I even stopped commenting on some posts, thinking I might be wrong in my knowledge, even though I was right.

I know this thread will seem like nonsense to many but I took a lot of courage, and now I want to know if it's just my mistake or if it happens to many freshmen. But I have seen many newbies join the threads of senior, legendary or ranked members, but I hold back for fear of lack of courage. I can't move it at all.

If this is not the case for many in new situations, and if this fear applies to me, how do I overcome it?   

All your valuable suggestions will be appreciated.
Being scared will not give you chance to learn as a newbie , contributing or engaging in discussions with them will give you the opportunity to grow like them .

Most of the threads that comes from high ranked members always serve as guide because they know that the new members will learn from them  and they are always available to correct our mistakes . Just note that no one grows without learning from his or her seniors and engaging in discussion with them will help you grow faster .

Activity: 97
Merit: 36
I've been confused for several days about something that led to this thread. Many may find my subject ridiculous, fanciful, or incoherent, or I may be critical, but I still need to clear my doubts.

I want to give my opinion on some threads when I read threads of senior, legendary, or ranked , but being a newbie, I am afraid to join discussions with seniors, (legendary) members. The scary thing is (though it may be completely wrong to think), I think, can tell me, how a newbie engages in discussions with seniors, wants to give advice, what I know and how little I know. Also, I have a small number of threads that have no merit (that's my main fear). I even stopped commenting on some posts, thinking I might be wrong in my knowledge, even though I was right.

I know this thread will seem like nonsense to many but I took a lot of courage, and now I want to know if it's just my mistake or if it happens to many freshmen. But I have seen many newbies join the threads of senior, legendary or ranked members, but I hold back for fear of lack of courage. I can't move it at all.

If this is not the case for many in new situations, and if this fear applies to me, how do I overcome it?   

This is also how many legendary members got started: when you go to a new place, everything seems new, and you realise that even interacting with people will be difficult for you. However, as you go around and engage with people, you will notice that you begin to become familiar with them, but if you stay in a room alone and don't talk to anyone, you won't feel comfortable interacting with people.
So I really like how you voiced your problem, and as a newbie, your contribution in this forum is what higher rank members expect from you, but a reasonable one don't contribute on what you don't know but you can learn about to get knowledge of it. The forum is for learning, and you can't learn unless you make mistakes.
Activity: 238
Merit: 140
Feel at liberty Mate. We've all gathered here to share knowledge and help guide one another along the correct path. Learning from and experiencing a variety of things from the many members of this forum is the main goal in order to become an expert learner. In light of this, I believe that you should feel free to remark on this thread; all you need to do is hunt for threads that you are confident you can write about. We are all aware that occasionally you might worry that you may think that when you post something, some users may criticize you.

But nevermind, it's all part of the learning process one day it may turn to an history, occasionally people cannot learn if they do not fall. One of the difficulties that every beginner has during their learning phase of process.

Activity: 294
Merit: 267

It's a normal thing to have that feeling, just like when you attend a new environment where you are completely new to the environment, the first thing you do is to be observant, you are always careful of interaction but the moment you get to understand how everything works, the confidence will automatically restored back. There is nothing to be ashame about, we are all.here to learn new things and also interact with people. If you have a local board, that will help you faster understanding how the forum work.

One of the challenges we have as a newbie is because we don't understand what is been discussed, so we are always scared to include our contribution so we don't get bant or correct but I think it's normal for every fiat timer here. If you want to reduce your inferiority complex, try and learn things about bitcoin, go over bitcoin threads, learn them and understand them, you will see that to discuss anything that is said will not be new to you.
Activity: 714
Merit: 296
Cashback 15%
Criticism,  the only thing I fear when I was a newbie on this forum, OP it's a normal feeling for a beginner that don't want to be on here for vain, it shows you will learn faster and make up for your mistakes, don't take the words of higher members personal, some are mean and some are not, it will get to a point where it will feel like you've been target by them.

The truth is you can one day be better than those high ranking members, it changes nothing, it's not as if your life depends on this forum, so don't mind, apart from plagiarism that could get your account banned, merit isn't one that could lead to banning.

Merit is not a most, unless you have your purpose and if merit is important for you, then you need to work harder on the contributions you make on this forum, find problems and solutions for those who need them, give good ideas that can help newbies and beginners or even the high rank members, you will get merit easily this way.
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

Just because an account is showing 6 stars doesn't mean it's earned, some Legendary accounts are merit airdrop when the merit system was introduced and when you see them post, you will know them from their post style, Newbies shouldn't be intimidated by rank, you can have something upstairs ahead of some but there are some high rank, from there first paragraph you will know they are intelligent.

It's not like if you talk, you will beheaded or look down upon. This is forum, if you make a mistake, a sincere person will correct you where you need to adjust, some might be rude and some might be nice but the essence of the message is to take correction and adjust where you think it's necessary, nobody has two head in this forum and nobody is born with Bitcoin knowledge from this forum.

Just so you know, some high ranked accounts are bought by new people who don't even understand what the forum is about and you may see a newbie account that is active and more intellectually sound than some legendary, they post less but their merit history says how good they are, don't feel less, if you have idea on thread feel free to add your opinion or move into the next.
Activity: 616
Merit: 274
….

I think a member, new to a large community like this would likely be scared of doing much as he fears it would be frowned upon and perceived by anyone(especially higher ranked members)as wrong or stupid. That could make such a member hesitant to participate, actually learn from the valuable contents and just chill with the community on here.

It’s great to see you actually read the sea of opinions from other members and have noted there actually isn’t any basis for your fears. Like you rightly noted, one won’t know if one does not ask. You voiced out your fears and was reassured by others including the top ranking members you were initially scared of interacting with.

Be of good cheer and bring with you, good vibes and intentions. You’ll have no problems here.
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
In fact, due to our lack of knowledge, many times we cannot participate in discussions . It appears to be discussing a topic I don't know much about . I think one should go there and just read a bit and gain knowledge but not participate in the discussions . If the conversation is about something I know about, or if I don't know, I want to know, then it's possible to join the conversation .

Perfect, its was well said, not everything you see you rush into, we cannot know everything or be everywhere, we must only maintain where we think we can deliver the best expected of us, that is why if you think you have less idea on a thread, read and learn more about such and you don't have to comment, there are more many other ones awaiting your quality contributions if you know about the subject matter.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
For me all the beginners is allowed to post any place they like to post what the most important thing that is involved is for the beginner to read and understand before commenting in a thread that is why I always said that then should be I observant to understand the Genesis all the procedures of forum before their comment in a particular thread, so so it is good for we to read and understand for the particular place that will lead before we comment so this beginners have to take this proper precaution because some times beginners does not read to understand before making their own comment and it is absolutely bad from my own understanding
Activity: 1414
Merit: 435
duelbits.com
I guess many newbies do find it hard to join those discussions including me, the truth is I can't cope with what there are saying and I find it a bit hard to match up with their level of conversation, so I either just be a commentator or I just leave those threads, maybe as time goes on I'll find myself interacting at those same levels too
If you think it is not necessary to join the discussion with them, it is no problem. You only need to discuss with them when it is needed. You also don't join the discussion on the topic that you don't really understand it. Make sure you understand enough the topic discussed by the high ranks, in this way you will have something to deliver to them. Sure, it is no problem if you don't want to interact with high ranks now. However, when the time goes, you must have the chance to interact with the someday.

Activity: 336
Merit: 76
Cashback 15%
Actually such thought may hinder your chances of you growing and learning more.  If you you're scared to say something expecially in higher ranks discussion you won't be able to learn new things. The aim of this forum is for us bitconers to interact with each other about stuff related to bitcoin and all that.
Concerning the fact that newbie can't advice I get and I understand how it feel but you know most people account might be screaming newbie but the users behind that same account might not be a newbie might endup being a pro. That why I this forum any one can lear from each other and also have the right to bring their opinions.
And when you start interacting with most users irrespective to their ranks you will see that it is way more exciting than just being scared to discussed in their post ( higher ranks).
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
In fact, due to our lack of knowledge, many times we cannot participate in discussions . It appears to be discussing a topic I don't know much about . I think one should go there and just read a bit and gain knowledge but not participate in the discussions . If the conversation is about something I know about, or if I don't know, I want to know, then it's possible to join the conversation .
Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

There are two things you need to remember in this forum as a newbie:

1. Some people might always see you as someone who knows nothing, even if you have more knowledge than them, just because you are a low-ranked member. Always ignore such people if you ever encounter them as they make no sense.

2. Always take criticism positively and try to learn from it even if you know you were not wrong in what you wrote or said. Wise people learn and grow, instead of taking things personally and standing in the same place arguing about a single thing.

One more thing, as long as you are not writing something that has already been written, and what you are going to post is on-topic and is logical, you should never be afraid to post it even if the whole discussion is full of Legendary members.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
Duelbits.com

You need to understand that you rank here on this forum may sometimes not equate your knowledge and that's very okay but it's not a limitation to your contributions, there are some persons who are just getting to know about this forum but prior to that they have had good knowledge of Bitcoin and some of the subject matter been discussed here on this forum so if you know you have a good knowledge about a certain subject discussed on a thread, I think nothing stops you from sharing your own perspective as it concerns that provided you are not spamming and your comment isn't plagiarism then feel free to comment this forum is mostly to encourage learning and that isn't limited to a certain group of persons because we all can learn from each other but if you don't have a good knowledge of what's been discussed on the thread it's better you rather learn from such threads.

The forum is against plagiarism and spamming so if you are sure you are not doing any of these then go ahead and contribute but for self moderated threads where it's stated clearly people who are eligible to comment on such then make sure not to comment if you are yet to rank up.
Activity: 154
Merit: 44
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I guess many newbies do find it hard to join those discussions including me, the truth is I can't cope with what there are saying and I find it a bit hard to match up with their level of conversation, so I either just be a commentator or I just leave those threads, maybe as time goes on I'll find myself interacting at those same levels too
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
Still, are you afraid to engage in discussion? You have to come out of your fear of posting here. Beginners could make mistakes, but always research before writing to make sure you aren't spreading misinformation. To learn, you have to read more than you intend to write. Unless you create a spam post here, you don't need to be afraid here. Forum members are helpful here, and we will definitely help if your intentions are to learn.
Being fearful will not unlock your potentials deep within yourself. You can be a good poster in the long run but that will hardly happen if you cannot start your training as early as being a newbie. So never be afraid when dealing with superiors in the forum, remember they’re the one who will understand the newbies because they also started from a scratch way back then. But somehow, they chose to manage their fears because they have a goal to reach. That’s how a newbie should do. Learn to accept the challenge and the only way to learn fast is to dwell with the superiors in the forum through commenting on their personal threads.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
Still, are you afraid to engage in discussion? You have to come out of your fear of posting here. Beginners could make mistakes, but always research before writing to make sure you aren't spreading misinformation. To learn, you have to read more than you intend to write. Unless you create a spam post here, you don't need to be afraid here. Forum members are helpful here, and we will definitely help if your intentions are to learn.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
This serve as an encouragement for me because I always find it difficult to join discussions of high-ranking members, even if it is a subject that I have an understanding of. Although I sometimes made an effort to participate in discussions I had ideas for with high-ranking members members, but I always felt like I am wrong because I have seen many newbies with negative trust, which is why I always have fear in me to join discussions of senior members.But now I know the reasons for their negative trust, so I will focus on more research and will not hesitate to ask questions.
These Newbie members whose accounts have been tagged with negative trust are most likely cheaters in bounty campaigns who use alternative and new accounts, scammers, spammers, etc. No member is tagged without valid reasons, and if you verify one of them’s accounts, you will understand the reason for their bad trust rating. It's good that you know this now.

No shame, fear, discouragement, or obstacle might hinder any member from engaging in discussions, exchanging ideas, or asking questions. No legendary member started with that rank immediately upon creating their account; everyone began from the first rank. The good thing is that any member, regardless of his rank, seeks to learn and educate himself and apply the rules of the forum. If there is a discussion that he does not understand, he must take a look at the contributions of other members and do his research to ensure that his post will have value and not off topic.
Activity: 97
Merit: 36
I was not scared to join in the discussion of ranked members when I was a newbie. But there are times that you may not know what to contribute in what they are posting. In that case you should not post anything. But if you know what to post, you can contribute. Accept mistakes. That is how a newbie will become a legendary on this forum.

I appreciate your comments, this serve as an encouragement for me because I always find it difficult to join discussions of high-ranking members, even if it is a subject that I have an understanding of. Although I sometimes made an effort to participate in discussions I had ideas for with high-ranking members, but I always felt like I am wrong because I have seen many newbies with negative trust, which is why I always have fear in me to join discussions of senior members.But now I know the reasons for their negative trust, so I will focus on more research and will not hesitate to ask questions.
Pages:
Jump to: