Pages:
Author

Topic: Are newbies afraid to comment on threads of highly ranked members? - page 6. (Read 1021 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 500
I was not scared to join in the discussion of ranked members when I was a newbie. But there are times that you may not know what to contribute in what they are posting. In that case you should not post anything. But if you know what to post, you can contribute. Accept mistakes. That is how a newbie will become a legendary on this forum.

I was not scared to make comments on discussions i have knowledge about and i was not really concerned what rank made a post when i was a newbie if i see a post i can contribute to i don’t hesitate to comment regardless of the rank of the OP but then during my earliest days i was more interested in learning about the technical aspect of bitcoin so learning and asking questions was my main priority.

As a newbie there will lots of post which you will find difficult to comment on so it’s not all threads you must comment on, if you have nothing to contribute to the post you should let it be and follow up discussion to improve your knowledge about the topic. That’s how newbies grow gradually.

I want to give my opinion on some threads when I read threads of senior, legendary, or ranked , but being a newbie, I am afraid to join discussions with seniors, (legendary) members. The scary thing is (though it may be completely wrong to think), I think, can tell me, how a newbie engages in discussions with seniors, wants to give advice, what I know and how little I know. Also, I have a small number of threads that have no merit (that's my main fear). I even stopped commenting on some posts, thinking I might be wrong in my knowledge, even though I was right.

It is normal to have such feelings as a newbie and most people here also started out that way, scared to make post with the fear of not posting something out of context so you are not the only one with such feelings but i believe your fear stem from uncertainty about your knowledge that’s why you get scared, anyone who is sure of his/her knowledge will have confidence to speak anywhere regardless of who they are faced with. This is a discussion forum and anywhere newbies are not allowed to post means their opinions are not relevant, there are few boards where newbies are not allowed to participate other than those you are free to make valid comments and contributions to any discussion thread regardless of the rank of the OP but always know your boundaries as a newbie and never disrespect anyone.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
It’s normal to feel imposter syndrome when you’re new in a place like this. Especially when you see profiles of people with hundreds of merits and you have none. It can be overwhelming but it can also spur you into becoming a fast learner.

There’s no shame in asking for help when you need it. If you don’t know how to do something, ask the forum. You will be surprised at how many people are willing to help you out.

Also, I have a small number of threads that have no merit (that's my main fear). I even stopped commenting on some posts, thinking I might be wrong in my knowledge, even though I was right.

Not every post you make will get merits. That does not mean you’re not making sense, if I had a merit for every post I’ve made on the forum then I would have over 2k merits. Even the top merit earners do not get merits on all their posts. Keep contributing to discussions, merits will come. 
Activity: 728
Merit: 308
Do not let your forum rank give you a low esteem about yourself or get you feeling intimidated in the presence of other high forum ranked members.
I want to give my opinion on some threads when I read threads of senior, legendary, or ranked , but being a newbie, I am afraid to join discussions with seniors, (legendary) members.
There are some boards and discussions that you a complete newbie should not try to talk in, especially when you do not have an idea. You can read and learn, but do not comment when you do have an idea. If you comment off point as a newbie, you will be dragged and seriously criticized, and then you will start complaining that you have been bullied.
If it is a discussion where you have an idea even as a newbie, feel free to always say your opinion, there are people that will learn from it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 161
You don't need to be afraid to involve yourself on discussion because of senior members. I believe the best way to learn is to surround yourself with people who know  better. Don't be intimidated by their level of understanding which is been higher than that of yours, they also passed through this level you are and if you are scared to discuss to learn you may end up not reaching their level. Feel free to express yourself when you are surrounded with people who know better .
Activity: 406
Merit: 262

I want to give my opinion on some threads when I read threads of senior, legendary, or ranked , but being a newbie, I am afraid to join discussions with seniors, (legendary) members. The scary thing is (though it may be completely wrong to think), I think, can tell me, how a newbie engages in discussions with seniors, wants to give advice, what I know and how little I know. Also, I have a small number of threads that have no merit (that's my main fear). I even stopped commenting on some posts, thinking I might be wrong in my knowledge, even though I was right.

I know this thread will seem like nonsense to many but I took a lot of courage, and now I want to know if it's just my mistake or if it happens to many freshmen. But I have seen many newbies join the threads of senior, legendary or ranked members, but I hold back for fear of lack of courage. I can't move it at all.

If this is not the case for many in new situations, and if this fear applies to me, how do I overcome it?   
Please feel free to participate in the discussion and offer your own thoughts as much as you know in order for everyone to gain information from one another.

Everyone is allowed to post anything reasonable without fear, regardless of rank, and ask whatever question they want as long as it is relevant to the topic at hand. whatever ideas or recent developments are also welcome as long as they will benefit and advise other members of the forum. Every forum user has the right to express their own opinions, thus there's no need to be afraid to voice yours to the larger community in front of rated users.
Activity: 616
Merit: 274
We’re all anonymous on here and you likely  do not know anyone on here. Why should you be scared and then hesitant to discuss and contribute your thoughts and opinions on any thread?
If you’re sure of the information you’re about to share to be correct and factual, then you should be courageous even to share them with anyone. And I’m sure no one would berate you or anything. Instead we’re more likely to add more information to what you’ve already put out.

This thread voices out what you and a lot of other newbies probably feel and It’s not nonsense in my opinion. As long as you’re doing the right thing and more importantly, being yourself; you should learn to care less about what other people would think of you. Not everyone would think nicely of you no matter how nice you are. We’re human and our thought process varies.
Activity: 66
Merit: 5
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
It's normal to get criticism from high ranked members and that shouldn't discourage you from commenting anywhere you have knowledge on, it just one of the things newcomers face even in other organizations but one thing most of us resorted to us keeping quite till we are well acquainted with what is been discussed but if you know anything about it you can just drop yours as long as you ain't copying someone else it's very much welcomed.

Another thing you should know is this forum is an anonymous forum where we don't know who is behind every username so you could be very knowledgeable about certain things in your personality not the forum so your rank shouldn't limit you from speaking, tills just a title for someone who is just newly registered. it from you quality contributions that you can rank up.

Just keep up the good works and you will have nothing to worry about. I'm a true example of such experience and I have grown thicker skin. 
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
It happens to everyone if us when we are new to the forum and that is the same thing you are experiencing. There is nothing wrong with that especially when we are scared to get attacked for writing something that is off topic to what we intend to write.
One can get ride of the phobia with time when we start writing something interesting. Normally we don't have to get scared of writing base on our opinion of the knowledge we have.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
I was not scared to join in the discussion of ranked members when I was a newbie. But there are times that you may not know what to contribute in what they are posting. In that case you should not post anything. But if you know what to post, you can contribute. Accept mistakes. That is how a newbie will become a legendary on this forum.
If you were not scared to join discussion with experienced members when you joined the forum, it might mean that you were already long into cryptocurrency before joining the forum. It could also be that you are sound in coding and tech, hence you were able to call here home. Even till date, there are still some sections of the forum that even some legendries avoid, area their knowledge is limited, so instead of sounding funny, they can focus on the areas of their strength. Imagine a newbie that is not versed in the entire thing, he will be afraid to join conversation and that is understandable because he is expected to spend some time sharpening his knowledge to be able to make meaningful contribution in the forum.
staff
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2347
  All your valuable suggestions will be appreciated.

I already wrote in a similar thread that a forum account does not reflect the knowledge a user has. It's just an account. I have come across such newcomers to the forum, who had much more knowledge in this or that area than the legendaries. No need to get hung up on it, if you know what to answer and are confident in what you are writing then feel free to enter the discussion. The main thing is that you respect your interlocutors and that your posts are on topic. And yes, learn to take criticism firmly.
Activity: 462
Merit: 472
Humanity, my Religion.
I know this thread will seem like nonsense to many but I took a lot of courage, and now I want to know if it's just my mistake or if it happens to many freshmen. But I have seen many newbies join the threads of senior, legendary or ranked members, but I hold back for fear of lack of courage. I can't move it at all.

If this is not the case for many in new situations, and if this fear applies to me, how do I overcome it?   

All your valuable suggestions will be appreciated.
OP your thread makes a lot of sense to me because I also faced the same fear. I usually check the people who have commented on a past before responding to his because I was scared of making mistakes. I was also scared of criticism since I felt that my comments might not be appropriate. But this fear didn't last for a long time because I began to build confidence.

The first thing I did was to avoid threads that I knew little or nothing about. This is to limit my probability of making mistakes. In some cases, I will read the comments of other members and do some research before commenting on a thread. The only way you can be confident in your post is when you are sure that you are contributing positively to the thread.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
If you think you understand well the topics/replies you are commenting on, and also if you think what you are going to write is also correct from your end, then just don't worry about joining in any discussion.

Hopefully, you can understand. Move forward!
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
Don't be afraid to comment on seniors' posts.I think since you are afraid to comment on seniors post you seem to lack knowledge which is why fear is working inside you. Before commenting on a senior member's thread read carefully if you have knowledge or experience of what he wants to know or mean then feel free to comment there. Also as long as you are not posting AI you are safe. Posting using AI is strictly prohibited on our forum which is equivalent to plagiarism.

Finally I would like to say a word to you as you are afraid to comment on the posts of seniors so please read the
posts of seniors in the forum more. The more you read the posts of seniors in this forum the more experienced you will become and the breadth of your knowledge will increase then you won't be afraid to post anything.
Activity: 280
Merit: 111
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
If you are afraid
You would never grow
There are things I thought I knew and even commented but was later shown it's wrong and was corrected.
As long as you don't go off topic and you have an idea share your thoughts
If it's wrong you gain something that day
If it's correct you have contributed.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612

It's just an online forum. This is just the same as you and your friends in your messenger group. Only in this forum, you don't know them but so are you, those ranked members don't know you either. But pretty sure those ranked members are eager to give useful comments rather than attack you so don't get too shy about what you need to say or ask. Just shoot. 
Activity: 392
Merit: 237
seriously i will say this is natural because you mostly might be judging your own dept of knowledge thinking that if you make a post the high ranking members will bash it if it is bad but that's not a good culture to someone that's learning. it is only when you reply base on the dept of your knowledge that either a high ranking member will add more point to yours or even correct you and in both you have definitely increased in that area of knowledge, but if you did not engage in this discussions then you might be left with little of that knowledge and you wouldn't know yourself. The only time you don't need to comment on a post or thread is only when you don't have knowledge about the thread.

in terms of merits OP i will tell you that making valuable posts on threads even brings more of it than creating a new thread
Activity: 532
Merit: 390
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

This is not the case and know this once and for all, if you have anything valuable to say or discuss in a thread, you're free to make your contribution and no one stops you, any newbie that has something to contribute will buoyantly join a discussion and flow along, but what of those newbies who are shitposters, spammers, trollers and off topic posters, should they also be allowed to post and infiltrate a thread without being reported to the moderator to delete their posts, maybe you show a good example if you have any situation a newbie is been frowned at for posting well.
Activity: 490
Merit: 484
There's nothing need to be worry about, as long as you didn't commit plagiarism or using AI to post, you're fine.

If you did a mistake, they might will correct yours, but if you can't accept any corrections, well they might start to ignore your account. But getting ignored doesn't mean you're banned in this forum, after all there are still many users out there.
Activity: 560
Merit: 624
One thing I will tell you is that you are afraid, and you don't need to be afraid of anyone or whatever attack you are going to get for speaking out your mind. This forum is a place that promotes freedom of speech.

If you have a thread that is being created by a legendary member or someone of a higher rank than you, and those who are commenting there are also of a higher rank, being of a higher rank does not mean they know everything, and you, as a newbie and someone who has read through that thread, understand what the thread is all about, and you know you have something to either add to the thread, an error to point out, or whatever you think you can contribute to the thread, feel free to always drop that.

Try growing thick skin; that's what has always been the advice to newbies: no one will kill you or punish you for speaking in the means of elders. As long as you are on topic and not going off from what's being discussed in the thread, you are good to go.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
Pages:
Jump to: