Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we brainwashed? - page 6. (Read 7870 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
April 13, 2018, 04:27:19 AM
I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

I see where you're coming from, but people who can enjoy life by having and doing simple things are more blessed and more pleasant to be around, than career freaks, fitness freaks or political freaks who are always tense, desperate for their goals or hostile.

You could argue that people who have higher principles and are on a mission are escaping from themselves and need something special to feel normal, while people who can enjoy life doing simple things are more free. You need inner turmoil to do something great, people who are already fulfilled won't bother doing anything or changing the world.
Activity: 27
April 13, 2018, 04:18:52 AM
I agree, we are certainly being brain washed, by business to buy latest gadgets, by movies to think that the only goal for a man is sleep with as many women as possible.

Therefore, it is best to be with our own self and stay calm without getting involved with all the stuff.

However, it is also not advised to just stay away and run from everything in the society. For eg, if we dont have technological development, mobile phones and its continous development, we wont be able to make develop with such technologies such as BlockChain Tech and cryptocurreny.

I guess, there is good and bad to every thing that is available to everyone. So whether it is from the media or in general from the society, it is better to take good and leave the bad behind.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
April 13, 2018, 03:07:55 AM

I left the Bay Area half a decade ago, and went to an area where there is not even any cell phone coverage.  Over that time my 'mind has changed' in a lot of ways, and I think for the better.  Part of it was that I have some incentive and more time to do in-depth research, but there may be more to it.  I don't rule out the possibility that there are some environmental factors which could be influencing how people think about certain key subjects, and if so, electromagnetic radiation seem to be the most likely way to achieve such things.  Research along these lines has been going on for half a century or more and is fairly well documented.

Another thing of note.  While I spend most of my time in an electromagnetically 'quite' area where I live, I do go shopping every week or two.  At a certain area of a certain large grocery store, I suddenly notice that I'm feeling 'whoozy' for lack of a better word.  I don't think it is completely an invention of my mind because normally I notice the effect then remember feeling that way before.  My hypothesis is that there is something environmental going on and since I am normally not exposed to it, I've become sensitive enough to be consciously impacted by it.  I would point out that this phenomenon was fairly repeatable for a few years but over the last year I really have not noticed it.

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 13, 2018, 02:20:21 AM
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

Yes we are technically brainwashed at school , and even to the social media , and medias though sad but that is the true instead of living by the truth we tend to live in the society that is cruel and full of fake and lie. We have no privacy , I think we aren't free anymore we're like a bird in a cage with no freedom to fly.  
Activity: 26
April 13, 2018, 01:50:45 AM
Its a gradual process, An example is homosexuality, Most tv shows and movies have gay characters in them, They want us to see it as a normal thing to the extent that we may accept is as a norm in our society but that aint gonna happen.

just wondering why you've chosen this very social phenomenon as an example... Huh
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
April 13, 2018, 01:09:44 AM
Following the dreams and getting the best is not being brainwashed.
We get brainwashed at school  and the brainwashing continues in the workplace.We are adults, but we afraid of other adults because they are called Team Leader.We don't think there's anything wrong with that worldview. It feels normal to us.
Activity: 35
April 13, 2018, 12:50:11 AM
Following the dreams and getting the best is not being brainwashed.
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
April 10, 2018, 03:53:30 PM
Saving money for a nice product can be a goal Smiley

Yeah, the money is the important of all because nowadays, it can do whatever you want and also it get too powerful thing in this world.  Too many person who have a lot of money does have the power to do what their want to do.

Of course, we go to the latest fashion or way because people just think you positively when you are more good looking and have new or latest thing.

All thing can be change so don't be new to that.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
April 10, 2018, 03:40:19 PM
Society brainwashes its citizens through the school or educational system.
Its all about mind twist from the days of school.Once, we graduate, we seek for job and
begin to do the  rat-racing of working and buying a whole of things produced by few thinkers(elites)
without pondering how to develop our own personal ideas, vision, projects and thoughts.We are
influenced by societal outcomes with high peer pressure to remain belonged in the system.It calls
for reflection.
Activity: 93
April 10, 2018, 12:51:34 PM
We are clearly brainwashed. We are shown the wrong and not the right.
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
April 10, 2018, 04:39:30 AM

Do you really want to give your life for something? Why? Our time is different from the past and people finally have an opportunity to live and enjoy their lives
Activity: 180
April 10, 2018, 03:01:11 AM
not have a purpose, but does not yet have a goal for sure where they'll bring their lives become more useful than before. Maybe they haven't found something that makes comfortable and excited.
Activity: 160
April 10, 2018, 02:16:07 AM
Nope! We are not brainwashed but what the people's behavior nowadays is just something what they understand from this Modern World. Look the government does not care about morality, doesn't care about the needs of his people, doesn't care about the future of the next generation. So what can we expect about the manners of human today? Nothing but the falling down of the true meaning of what really life is all about.
Activity: 31
April 10, 2018, 12:33:45 AM
That clearly sounds like a goal to me and no we aren’t brainwashed.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 1
April 08, 2018, 02:11:12 PM
As someone who has recently just re-integrated (not really) back into civilian society after leaving to fight an endless war 10 years ago...

I will tell you that the topic of this thread is what goes through my mind every day when talking to civilians who have been indoctrinated into the consumerism lifestyle without any breaks. Everything we see, read, consume seems to have the intention of pushing into this brainwash society.

It's scary to see and frightening. I do not feel like i belong, i try to talk to these folks about what i see but they call me crazy.

I begin to understand why the combat veteran suicide rates are so high...
Activity: 84
April 08, 2018, 10:30:16 PM
society is degrading ... we are becoming dependent on the blessings of humanity about which we are being forced to market the television billboard, we can not live a day without photos and instagrams, snotty comments under the photo of the star .. where we roll ... I'm very upset by this ... and how are our children that will remain for them ... a solid society of destruction
Activity: 238
April 08, 2018, 02:45:11 PM
Yes definitely we are brainwashed by the money and current technology. It is really sad but all of us should admit with that
Activity: 116
April 08, 2018, 01:58:57 PM
Yes. Totally. for the things that we do not want to do and etc.
Activity: 37
April 02, 2018, 11:47:12 PM
I don’t think we are brainwashed as it is not easy to do so.
Activity: 31
April 02, 2018, 09:46:05 PM
Yes by the government so that it benefits them.
Pages:
Jump to: