Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we brainwashed? - page 9. (Read 7870 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
March 09, 2018, 05:54:47 AM
This is sad but it's true. its happening people in the past gave their life for freedom, they were passionate, patriotic and nationalistic and more than that they were the people who fight,, who fought for their marriage to work, fought for their family stability, fought for what is right not being use by others. If only these people realize what they are losing and that there's still time to make up and become better person, better citizen, better human being.
Activity: 210
Merit: 3
March 08, 2018, 02:17:43 PM
Surely propaganda, news, advertising don its job. Majority of people live lives of operated subjects their wishes and struggles are easy to conduct Cool
Activity: 135
Merit: 1
March 08, 2018, 02:17:25 PM
Yes we are brainwashed. And the funny thing is, we already know it but we don't mind it. It's a very interestingly pathetic situation. We are being used by this new data system where everything can be recorded and process it as they please. We know it but we don't mind. It's a super brainwash, I salute them, they did a wonderful job.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
March 08, 2018, 01:54:26 PM

i believe that yes. since our childhood, unfortunatelly our opinion, our preferences, our goals are already programmed. and only strong, very strong people can resist that system.

There are a bunch of really interesting documentaries about Edward Bernays and his work.  I highly recommend the one by Adam Curtis called 'The Century of the Self':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

or reading Bernays work 'Propaganda' which, to be honest, I've not done yet.

'Brainwashing' is kind of like a piece of cloth in that once a tear gets started, it can continue and destroy the whole item.  Modern propaganda is aimed at trying to not let tears get started (by use of what I call 'information channels' and censorship mostly) and attempting the 'stitch in time' principle.  This by making people uncomfortable with certain thought patterns and thus reject them.  The term 'conspiracy theory' and weaving in 'guilt' into the fabric are two methods in common use.

In reading Orwell's work, it is almost inconceivable to me that he was not very familiar with the 'insiders' who've understood well Bernays' work and decided to use it systematically to their advantage for social control.

I think you got the it correct that most people will not, for a variety of reasons, ever really break out.  Probably more than meet the 'very strong' bar however, and probably enough to cause some real problems for the proverbial 'powers that be.'  Hope so.

The shit always hits the fan eventually.  These are events that cause a lot of un-noticed defect to turn into huge tears.  These are also the times when people who who've had some seeds of doubt germinating in the ground 'wake up' and make a difference.  It's not a total waste of time to try to plant some of these seeds when possible....though the results may not appear within one's own lifetime.

Edit: slight.
Activity: 175
Merit: 0
March 08, 2018, 07:35:33 AM
yes of course, but we can easyly clear our mind, our thoughts. it starts as soon as we understand, that we are brainwashed))
Activity: 60
March 08, 2018, 07:22:11 AM
Brainwashed I guess is not best term to use. For me, people are just more focused on material things and they tend to forget their goals. Or it could also be they're just enjoying the moment and set aside their goals in life for a while.
Activity: 85
Merit: 1
March 08, 2018, 07:19:21 AM
most of us , yes but there are still people who go out of the system and do extraordinary things..
Activity: 154
March 08, 2018, 07:02:45 AM
yes, we are. a big impact of brainwashesness give our parents. their attitude to the world is completely reflecting on us. only with growing up, some of us understand the system plan and try to avoid it. but the majority, unfortunatelly are born with washed brains and will die with brainswashed
Activity: 196
March 08, 2018, 06:56:59 AM
i believe that yes. since our childhood, unfortunatelly our opinion, our preferences, our goals are already programmed. and only strong, very strong people can resist that system.
Activity: 63
March 08, 2018, 03:58:44 AM
Everything we see and hear is conditioning us to act a certain way, and it takes a very mindful person to be able to be able to filter out all the garbage that is being pushed on us.
Short answer is yes, companies and authority figures, all kinds of people are always trying to figure out ways to get in your head.
Activity: 448
March 08, 2018, 03:22:31 AM
Somehow, yes. People aim on things that they see on tv, movies and especially on social media. It really annoys when youth follow stupid trends that those popular media personalities started. It's not important what's right anymore but only what's in.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 17, 2017, 04:06:04 PM
they make of us those who are comfortable handling.. then I try not to listen to news, less to watch ads and think more about my own desires than about imposed ones
Activity: 238
December 16, 2017, 02:31:33 PM
I think we are not. No one has the right to control us or cause us to act in a certain way that is against our will. However, we can be influenced and that is the thing that we have to be careful of.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
December 14, 2017, 07:59:42 PM
We are more brainwashed than we would ever suspect. The movie industry is very effective in this sense.
People were brainwashed to think that being gay was a natural phenomenon in life, look at the movie industry they promote it so much that we have accepted it.
Activity: 352
December 14, 2017, 07:57:25 PM
We are more brainwashed than we would ever suspect. The movie industry is very effective in this sense.
Activity: 140
Merit: 14
December 14, 2017, 05:51:31 PM
Brainwashing is a common thing in our society. Usually, the main brainwasher is the media that is presenting to us the false things that we usually believe in. Our world was built on the brainwashing technique. Just look at the consequences of the world wars. Entire nations were brainwashed by their leaders and that led to the catastrophic losses. Today there are different techniques but again these methods have been proven useful for the individuals that want be above other people.
Activity: 182
December 14, 2017, 05:16:05 PM
With the current situation we are in, I have to admit that our society, together with the media (songs, tv, social media) is influencing us and making us think in such a certain way as if going against that would be taboo.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 14, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.
Well...that is true, there is no romance in this world, at this time not a lot of people are able to be happy for the small things, we only consume.
Activity: 34
December 14, 2017, 08:51:50 AM
I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

I agree with you. Sometimes I think about it.. Why do we need all those fancy clothes? The most expensive cars? Who are we so hardly trying to impress? Seems like our life passes and we don't even know why do we buy all expensive and useless stuff.
Activity: 112
Merit: 30
Highest ROI crypto infrastructure
December 14, 2017, 08:31:31 AM
It is an interesting concept that society is brainwashing.

We are an innately social species, allowing us to share ideas and concepts, building on the past success and failure of others to develop or technology and progress our society.
As a result all our ideas are based on the past ideas of generation before us.
In a way you could say we are brainwashed because we all learn and are thought using the same societal norms, allowing us to interact with others in society on common ground.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing though, if you didn't have common ground thoughts in order to communicate with others no one would care what you had to say.

The key to expanding your mind is building upon and questioning these 'brainwashed norms' not rejecting them
Pages:
Jump to: