Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 157. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
January 28, 2018, 10:15:55 PM
Yes. Im afraid of them because they cannot be identified.
Hackers can get your money and you cannot get it back.
You cannot report them because they are no one.
I am afraid of hackers so i am being cautious when it comes to the internet.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
January 28, 2018, 09:52:10 PM
Yes, hackers now has getting more and more clever and creative to deceive people, although I had used the safest wallet and highest security, sometimes I still feel it's not enough, the best way I can do is, always check the correct website and bookmark it, never click any suspicious link especially that come from your email, using authenticator and IP whitelist
Thats true. the more days the variations in hacking techniques are getting weird. I've almost lost my coin because my computer got a virus where when I did copy my bitcoin address and paste it. you know what? that happened not my address that copied lol. but another address not mine. I don't know what virus it is but be careful when doing a transaction. check the address before sending coins. always update your antivirus, add additional security like 2fa, IP whitelist, etc. because hackers are getting clever now
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
January 28, 2018, 08:45:50 PM
Everyone was afraid on hackers because of the amount of bitcoin you hold but in that situation always have a solution just like what i research that if you dont want to hack your bitcoin try to store it on offline wallet because if thou they are professionals hacker they cant hack the offline because they cant connect so that some of bitcoiners right now that have a big amount of coint in there wallet they buy a offline wallet.
True if we let that hacker let in in ourlife of course this is may take for in our life then we may not able to control for better to have a lot of time to move in a safe way that hackers cant let in for.
Activity: 504
Merit: 5
January 28, 2018, 08:44:22 PM
Yes I have great fear and respect for hackers because I value my funds and all my social media which I do use for my bounty work recently my Twitter account was hacked and I know how much I loss ever since then am always careful.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
https://exip.live/
January 28, 2018, 08:42:31 PM
Yes i afraid of hackers because i have alot of money in exchange and personal wallet. But to avoid that i always log in to my account only from bookmark link, and for the exchange i used multiple exchange because i think too risky to put all money in 1 exchange. Beside that i used also anti virus for my device.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
January 28, 2018, 08:37:48 PM
Yes, hackers now has getting more and more clever and creative to deceive people, although I had used the safest wallet and highest security, sometimes I still feel it's not enough, the best way I can do is, always check the correct website and bookmark it, never click any suspicious link especially that come from your email, using authenticator and IP whitelist
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Rangers Protocol
January 28, 2018, 08:19:32 PM
Yes I am afraid. I am not computer engineer either not computer programmer nor IT. To protect my wallet from hackers I try to do more careful now than before. Hopefully hackers will stop doing that kind of activity toward other. Not helpful to the victims ever. I hope they will hack those rich people out there that corrupt others.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
January 28, 2018, 08:10:43 PM
Definitely yes i am afraid of hackers because they might steal all my coins in my wallet. And i think hackers this days only targetting those sites that are vulnerable for them to enter , and they change some of the sites scripts . Once they change some scripts of the sites they hacked , and if someone login in that particular site that is the time they steal all the information of the users , and that is called phishing. There are many situations where hackers mostly used this kind of hacking to steal all informations of users that clicking their url.
Activity: 21
January 28, 2018, 08:07:02 PM
i'm definitely trying to be cautious. i have 2-factor auth on all the exchanges i use, and i try to store coins on my hardware wallet whenever possible. i have a few coins on desktop wallet.
Activity: 554
January 28, 2018, 08:02:26 PM
Everyone was afraid on hackers because of the amount of bitcoin you hold but in that situation always have a solution just like what i research that if you dont want to hack your bitcoin try to store it on offline wallet because if thou they are professionals hacker they cant hack the offline because they cant connect so that some of bitcoiners right now that have a big amount of coint in there wallet they buy a offline wallet.
Activity: 196
January 28, 2018, 07:59:30 PM
I'm only afraid if my cryptos or investments are stored in exchange other than that i think it is safe especially if you hold your coin inside a personal wallet like MEW.
Activity: 195
January 28, 2018, 07:57:01 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
Of course i have afraid of hackers, They always seek loopholes in order to steal,  i always try to keep my private key in safe i know that's hard but i hope that I'll never been hacked.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
January 28, 2018, 07:43:06 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

This is the headache of crypto currency investors, in fact metherwallet has beeen clone so many times, the security is there but it is still up to the user to protect his account and his investment only bookmarked sites that he frequently visited and do not download anything and of course use a good anti virus.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
January 28, 2018, 07:15:02 PM

yes i am sacred and honestly i don't think we can do something about it i am always afraid of my PC getting an attack i even cover up my web cam that is how-paranoid i am
This is why we need to be careful in every transactions that we do daily. There are many hackers these days better not click unsecured any website. Were afraid at first but let's think of a better solution on how to secured our wallet from hackers.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
January 28, 2018, 07:13:57 PM
Yes I'm afraid of hackers because I'm traumatized with hackers. I do not want to see hackers anymore, this information makes me add my computer security so its security is protected and works well. I'll keep being careful to avoid hackers.
Activity: 189
January 28, 2018, 07:10:50 PM

yes i am sacred and honestly i don't think we can do something about it i am always afraid of my PC getting an attack i even cover up my web cam that is how-paranoid i am
Activity: 1008
Merit: 308
January 28, 2018, 07:08:37 PM
yeah, of course. i think everyone in here afraid their assets will be stolen by someone or hacker. you should protect your wallet or account as safe as possible and save your assets in some wallet or accounts i think its a good choice
Activity: 615
Merit: 105
arcs-chain.com
January 28, 2018, 07:05:03 PM
it may not be true or it may be true, but protect your wallet in Offline mode because in offline mode bitcoin or ethereum or other altcoins will not be cracked, that's my opinion Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
January 28, 2018, 07:01:42 PM
Yes, anyone has afraid but there's two type of hackers, good and bad. If the hacker is bad he/she steal all your wealth and they are the rot of society. Hackers are very powerful nowaday's so better to protect your password. It's good to change your password every month and make 15 characters, symbols and numbers so that they hard to crack your password.
When ever we talk about hackers we think about them to take our money away therefore we always consider them as bad people. In fact we can always see two types of people in every society good and bad in day life hackers are always there and they can get money from your banks accounts and from ATM and similarly hackers are always there in online world where they can hack your online wallet and can get your online currency, for that we use different methods to stop them from hacking.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
January 28, 2018, 06:55:54 PM
Since there are experts in the house, a question:

I send 10000 tokens from MEW to a new MEW.  I previously got the private key and I'm holding it on 1 (or 2) USB-sticks.
I never use the USB-stick.  Are my funds safe?  In other words: can MEW be hacked without me doing anything online with it?
Jump to: