Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 156. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 12:32:52 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

I do, but what I am really concerned about is that if these hackers managed to exploit a weakness in the cryptocurrency system then it would greatly affect the market though I believe it to be next to impossible feat there are still chances. But as of the moment I am being careful on protecting my self and my account details to possible new form of phishing sites like some fake airdrop links and viruses.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
January 29, 2018, 12:30:28 AM
Maybe everything will be hacked when quantum computing comes out or maybe new things will replace crypto.
Activity: 246
Merit: 102
January 29, 2018, 12:05:42 AM
Very scared, hackers are our disaster, before my computer was attacked once, so I lost a lot of money, resulting in no matter what website I have become cautious, and now I installed the most secure wallet or I'm afraid, I really hate hacking, but also blame myself not careful.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
January 29, 2018, 12:00:27 AM
About 1 years ago i get hacked in My PerfectMoney account and i loss my money about $100, since then i afraid from hacker and learn more how to protect all personal wallet include account of exchange. I used personal email address in every exchange account and activated 2 step verification on the email account and exchange account. And other more imporatant thing is dont download any software that you dont know excatly about it and use anti virus in every device.
Activity: 196
Merit: 122
January 29, 2018, 12:00:20 AM
I think all of us are afraid of hackers, they are much advantage to us, they do more things that can possibly hack some accounts specially our bitcoin wallets, that is why we should need to be extra careful in dealing in strangers and do not share to anyone your email address used in your wallets.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 28, 2018, 11:56:19 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
you can't control this kind of attack i am so paranoid that i coverup my wecam
Activity: 55
January 28, 2018, 11:48:32 PM

i believe how much you play it save still an attack can happen
Activity: 57
January 28, 2018, 11:38:16 PM
Ofcourse you should be afraid of hackers. The more money you have the more you should be afraid.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
January 28, 2018, 11:22:32 PM
Anyone would feel share the same feeling. How dreadful when you were thinking the big possibility of losing everything with hackers. All of your investment, every single time you spent to earn crypto's  are going to be gone in just few minutes.

We should follow security rules when dealing with cryptos.
Some sites suggest the following precautions.

1. Cold storage devices locked up at a secure location
2. Don't leave crypto on the exchanges for more than is necessary for trading
3. Two factor authentication is a must

Source: http://inc-asean.com/technology/protect-cryptocurrency-hackers/?utm_source=inc&utm_medium=redir&utm_campaign=incredir
Activity: 206
January 28, 2018, 11:09:59 PM
Of course, I fear that if Bitcoin attacks my computer, my loss will be immeasurable, so in order to avoid hacking, I will copy all the important information into my USB flash drive and record it every time I log off. , And I will use the safest wallet, download any software I will repeatedly check the authenticity of the site, there is no suspicious link. This is a way I can think of to avoid hacking.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
January 28, 2018, 11:00:51 PM

Actually, all of us are afraid to hackers that they are just stealing our money for our only intentions are to make our lives better and for the future of our family.
It really hurts a lot when if your invested capital will just gone in an instant.
My solutions to that to avoid hackers are don't try to log-in in a public computer shops for rent and also try to install Google Authenticator so that everytime you will log-in or make some transactions, the system will require a random password generated from Google Authenticator.
Activity: 406
January 28, 2018, 10:57:31 PM
Of course I afraid of Hacker it is unfortunate if your hard earned investment should be stolen by someone with out your knowledge and if ever that happened expect that nothing left or what ever you  lost may not recover anymore
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
January 28, 2018, 10:53:43 PM
Well yes , yes i do i am afraid that my btc and altcoins are stolen I've been doing my best to get funds in any airdrops or bounties but if the hackers stole my funds well it will breaks my heart and go crazy because of hackers. I've been looking for much better security when it comes to storing  funds so that i can prevent being stolen
Activity: 404
Merit: 105
January 28, 2018, 10:49:12 PM

Everyone are afraid of hackers but there are so many fucking ways to avoid that, if we are being very cautious with our move it will be very hard for hacker to steal our coins. The best way to do that is avoid clicking any suspicious link especially from mail or messaging apps.
Activity: 4
January 28, 2018, 10:45:40 PM
careful browsing can prevent hackers from getting to you. well, in the world of crypto, being cautious is everything.
Activity: 98
Merit: 16
January 28, 2018, 10:43:59 PM
Honestly, everyone is afraid of hackers. Because they may steal the fruits of our efforts at any time. We should pay more attention to the protection of wallet and private key. It is the safest to use the internet-disconnected hard disk. Without the Internet of Things, hackers are powerful and can not steal our coins.
Activity: 238
Merit: 106
January 28, 2018, 10:35:19 PM
Im afraid to be hacked that is why im being more careful in clicking some links entering what ever sites. So many chances that our account could be hacked downloading some untrusted stuff but its in us if we are more careful hackers cannot easily hack our wallets I always ask from some experts when making transactions and reading some directions for safetiness.
Activity: 28
January 28, 2018, 10:27:55 PM
Yes i'm afraid of hackers.  It was frustrating when i heard that my friend's myetherwallet (MEW) got hacked sometime last year, only then he realized recently that all his airdrop and bounty rewards are gone on his MEW account when he tried to check because the coin value increased x10.  Angry
Activity: 126
January 28, 2018, 10:26:32 PM
Everyone in this forum or those playing with bitcoin or all coins will be afraid of hackers.  The ways to prevent hacker can be range from safer browsing like clear your cache and data don't use auto save password, get anti virus  and malware to make your computer save but this is not 100% foolproof can only greatly lower your chances of being hacked.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
January 28, 2018, 10:25:04 PM
I'm sure most of the amount that lost is because a human error not because of the technology itself. I'm sure about the Ethereum wallet bug is also because of some of the Ethereum developers make a bug in the source code which leads to the amount being hacked. It is important to have a full control private keys for your money.
Jump to: