Author

Topic: Are you holding your bitcoin for a price increase? - page 189. (Read 247079 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
No, not really.

I hope to one day have 1 satoshi=1$ so I can be a millionaire.

It seems like the right thing to do.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
Yeah im holding some of my btc on my wallet but most of it
I put in investment. Just havto wait several months before
The price increase that im waiting for.
Activity: 420
its impressive how much holders there are... over 70 per cent of users is a big number though im not holding it i usually buy some stuff online or from other people
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Yes, I'm holding a Bitcoin and will sell it for a expected price, also i spend a small % of Bitcoin to buy something what i want like games
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
I think that most of the bitcoin users that have hear for a long time about bitcoin and those who have invested are holding only for a better future when the price increse, so I am i hope that the price will go up in the near future and it will be integrated in every part of our life, maybe this year it will not be a huge step but in the next year the price should increase at least 50% from the price now.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
For some reason last night I dreamed that bitcoin dropped to six bucks a piece...

But yes, i'd hold it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
and the core developers are playing tiddlywinks instead of fixing one line of code. How hard is it to change a '1' to an '8'. lol

It's a political decision.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
i am holding all the btc i have for a long time. i am waiting for the price to rise. i am thinking about purchasing some more btc in the future but for now i am keeping what i have.
it looks like the way you are very risky, because the bitcoin prices are very volatile.
Activity: 296
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
i hold all my bitcoins, too bad i cant vote as im a newbie i guess
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
i am holding all the btc i have for a long time. i am waiting for the price to rise. i am thinking about purchasing some more btc in the future but for now i am keeping what i have.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Yes, i hold probably 70% of all the BTC i get.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
there is a block halving on the way next year, can be good point to make you keep your coins

I agree. I believe the next year's upcoming block halving is not going to have the same huge impact as the last one but there is definitely going to be a somewhat big effect on the price because of that.

so I am planning to keep my coins untouched at least until next year and then see how thing would go from there on forward.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
Did you guys see that bitcoin is on the 200 300 dollars value for a long time already ,till some impact or new investors reach bitcoin world i guess the price will keep on this stage.

Yes it will be same range or may go down further until more businesses will come forward to accept it as their payment option.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
The price increase is practically guaranteed, just a matter of when. I'm holding my bitcoin for the long haul. I want to be a part of the new financial world that will be created around bitcoin.

And the thing is, most people will sell way too earlier. No matter what you think as the ideal time to sell, people will not know when to do it right. Most likely they will sell sooner than they should. Make no mistake I pretend to sell at least 50% once I feel the price is insanely bubbled but for me thats like 6 figures a coin.

Good luck with that one. Circle is backstabbing the community, coinbase is trying to coin the entire market with patent hording, Bitpay is about to go belly up, and the core developers are playing tiddlywinks instead of fixing one line of code. How hard is it to change a '1' to an '8'. lol
I agree. 6 figures a coin is quite optimistic, but I don't see Bitcoin as just an investment. It's a new currency changing the way we bank and handle money. In the future, more people will become aware of it's potential but I don't think the price will hit $1 million. I say prepare to prosper with Bitcoin over the long haul and the future. 

I don't think you understand what MicroGuy had just said. Bitcoin is pretty much threatened by the businesses and industries built around it rather than helping it prosper. Sure, these businesses have put in a large amount of money around bitcoin, but most of them are intermediary payment processor between bitcoin and the user when in fact, bitcoin can be used as a payment method already. Also, about the single line of code, core devs should really consider making a move now, but changing that 1 to 8 is really an aggressive increase that needs to be tackled thoroughly. Scaling? 8MB is too much for the current tx we handle every day.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
The price increase is practically guaranteed, just a matter of when. I'm holding my bitcoin for the long haul. I want to be a part of the new financial world that will be created around bitcoin.

And the thing is, most people will sell way too earlier. No matter what you think as the ideal time to sell, people will not know when to do it right. Most likely they will sell sooner than they should. Make no mistake I pretend to sell at least 50% once I feel the price is insanely bubbled but for me thats like 6 figures a coin.

Good luck with that one. Circle is backstabbing the community, coinbase is trying to coin the entire market with patent hording, Bitpay is about to go belly up, and the core developers are playing tiddlywinks instead of fixing one line of code. How hard is it to change a '1' to an '8'. lol
I agree. 6 figures a coin is quite optimistic, but I don't see Bitcoin as just an investment. It's a new currency changing the way we bank and handle money. In the future, more people will become aware of it's potential but I don't think the price will hit $1 million. I say prepare to prosper with Bitcoin over the long haul and the future. 

I don't think you understand what MicroGuy had just said. Bitcoin is pretty much threatened by the businesses and industries built around it rather than helping it prosper. Sure, these businesses have put in a large amount of money around bitcoin, but most of them are intermediary payment processor between bitcoin and the user when in fact, bitcoin can be used as a payment method already. Also, about the single line of code, core devs should really consider making a move now, but changing that 1 to 8 is really an aggressive increase that needs to be tackled thoroughly. Scaling? 8MB is too much for the current tx we handle every day.
Activity: 448

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
if i can't save earth, i'll damn sure avenge it
holding bitcoins might also result in stabilizing its monetary value... also quick dumping for smaller profits don't seem as lucrative as long term investments... even with the halving of blocks people would prefer to keep their bitcoins for future..
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
there is a block halving on the way next year, can be good point to make you keep your coins

block halvings are tricky, since the market knows about them so far in advance and likely "prices them in." for all we know, the 2013 bubbles already "priced in" multiple block halvings. yes, it's an important fundamental, but how it affects price discovery from here at the low $200s is difficult to say.
Jump to: