Author

Topic: Are you holding your bitcoin for a price increase? - page 191. (Read 247079 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
in a way Yes. I try to use bitcoin for most of things such as buying/selling stuff. I use fiat for only bills because those vendors don't accept bitcoin as payment.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
I am holding 5 BTC in cold storage and waiting for an increase in price.I will hold these Bitcoins for at least 5 years and don't have any plan to sell them before this planned time.If will be possible will buy even 5 BTC more depends on savings.
what makes you think that holding coins for 5 more years can get you some profits ?and that too just 5 coins ?
by the way which colds are you using for that ? should be careful on it too.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
I am holding 5 BTC in cold storage and waiting for an increase in price.I will hold these Bitcoins for at least 5 years and don't have any plan to sell them before this planned time.If will be possible will buy even 5 BTC more depends on savings.
Activity: 553
The price increase is practically guaranteed, just a matter of when. I'm holding my bitcoin for the long haul. I want to be a part of the new financial world that will be created around bitcoin.

i am afraid you would be a part of that world ever , bitcoin wont go mainstream this soon.
it requires centuries for currencies to get adopted and also ITS an EXPERIMENT..
sell the bitcoins when you are at a decent profit ,holds in the colds are not that good.
Activity: 742
No i never keep and holding bitcoin for more than 3-4 days, and i never hold it until it prices going up, i only hold some amount of bitcoin for future transaction and for betting...

like as me, i dont have much bitcoin in my wallet so if the price of bitcoin is increase, it doesn't make me feel rich, so far i just make some trading with them and just collect the profit
its better than waiting the price increase
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
I am holding my bitcoin because I am too stubborn to sell it at a low price. I earned my coins when they were worth much more and spending right now would be a crime imo. The only real price price increase of bitcoin could be the halving in 2016. Other that that I doubt any positive news would have much impact on bitcoin price.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
So are you holding your bitcoins for future events such as halving or you more like to spend your bitcoins when you get it? I personally like to spend it for digital goods usually...

Yes, i wait for price increase
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
No i never keep and holding bitcoin for more than 3-4 days, and i never hold it until it prices going up, i only hold some amount of bitcoin for future transaction and for betting...

I think it is always a good idea to keep some bitcoin in a safe place like a cold wallet and put it away for the future. because you will never know what the future holds for bitcoin and you might regret it in a couple of years.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
Only thing that could boost price is when there is a considerable growth in bitcoin user base, and more people start to use bitcoins as a store of value
Activity: 134
So are you holding your bitcoins for future events such as halving or you more like to spend your bitcoins when you get it? I personally like to spend it for digital goods usually...

Yes, I am.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
yes im holding some coins for a price increase hope its worth the wait
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
This thread is pretty interesting, seeing the number of people that view bitcoin just as an investment and not a technology.
Activity: 560
yes I'm holding bitcoin and i want to sell them when the price rise but if the price is down. I will buy some more
Activity: 560
Bitcoin wont remove but will be a way to most safe their money to avoid the financial problems that we are facing ,if we didnt pay such fees in credit cards and loans would the countrys be more healthy?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
The price increase is practically guaranteed, just a matter of when. I'm holding my bitcoin for the long haul. I want to be a part of the new financial world that will be created around bitcoin.

If you think, bitcoin is going to outcompete FIAT... NO, that's not gonna happen. But, Bitcoin will have its way in certain sectors that would boost its demand. 80%+ bitcoins will be mined by 2020. So, the actual demand will start after that and then we'll see the rise and rise of bitcoin. Smiley

Yepp I agree. Bitcoin and other cryptos will not replace or outcompete fiat money. And it doesn't have to. Bitcoin will find it's place in the mainstream.E-commerce and foreign remittances would fit perfect as a beginning.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10

YES, hold a part.
Activity: 379
I am holding cryptcoin for the principle, not for financial reasons.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
I do not have much so, No.
Activity: 616
I AM A SCAMMER

If you think, bitcoin is going to outcompete FIAT... NO, that's not gonna happen. But, Bitcoin will have its way in certain sectors that would boost its demand. 80%+ bitcoins will be mined by 2020. So, the actual demand will start after that and then we'll see the rise and rise of bitcoin. Smiley
Jump to: