Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you staking or mining, or both? - page 6. (Read 697 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 101
September 05, 2019, 07:30:03 PM
Staking is the most option because it's easier to do. You don't need investment to do it. But in mining you need to invest money for mining rig. But if you have knowledge with mining and how to do it, why not do staking and save what you earn then build a rig with what you earned. That's a good option do both but need to stake first...
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1251
September 05, 2019, 07:23:30 PM
I'm not doing stacking or mining.

To be honest the reason im not doing this because the profitable was not really worth. It's really a low profit, went we stacking or mine major crypto if you want a good profitable mining or stacking should be on the shitcoin went the project was new and their only listed on a small exchange.

My friend was a miner, based on their personal opinion & suggested from them to me. Mining was not really worth with a small right, better mine a shitcoin went we can get lucky got a good profit. The risk only wasting your resources & electric if we mine a wrong currency, yeah thats one of the risk mining a shitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
September 05, 2019, 07:17:50 PM
for staking in my opinion right now is a good choice. because a lot of coin staking can be had at low prices and also tools for staking only require vps with low specifications.
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
September 05, 2019, 07:12:23 PM
I stake and that is what I prefer most. It does not require much fund to get your dividend, which is unlike mining, where you would need the mining gadgets in order to to get the amount you requested for. Staking is more passive than mining and as a matter of fact, someone with a very busy schedule or who has other works offline to do, will find staking easier and much better.
Activity: 247
Merit: 1
September 05, 2019, 05:52:25 PM
I am staking. A few different coins actually ATOM, Nuls, Algorand and a few others. I really like using this website: https://stakingrewards.com/
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
September 05, 2019, 05:48:38 PM
PoW (Proof of Work)

PoS (Proof of Stake)

The most popular consensus mechanisms.

Proof of Stake protocols are gaining traction.  

What about you, personally?

Are you mining, are you staking, or are you doing both? And why?

The idea of minning of coins is in degrees and loads of projects have decided to come up with the option of staking as it is less easy, consumes just a little finance compared to the normal minner that bitcoins minning rigs consume. Stakings however, have a way of giving some degree of confidence to those who have more coins staked and earning more with respect to the coins staked.
Activity: 644
September 05, 2019, 05:01:33 PM
I think that mining will not be easy because of many factors. I do a trade because this is much more profitable. If from the risk, of course, all have a risk and we must remain vigilant. POS is also profitable but we also have to be smart to define the project.

Trading and investing are two ways to generate current and future profits. Every opportunity should be good to use because the opportunity sometimes does not come twice.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
September 05, 2019, 05:01:08 PM
Mine early, stake later

Huh, what does that actually mean? Most POS coins aren't actually mineable...
Pure shitpost right here as far as I'm concerned...
Activity: 322
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
September 05, 2019, 04:38:14 PM
Due to the fact that in the near future it is planned to launch POS for Ethereum 2, I began to study this area and I liked that the POS protocol has the ability to punish those who try to sabotage the network. There is no such possibility in the POW protocol.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
September 05, 2019, 04:32:15 PM
Mine early, stake later
Activity: 539
Merit: 100
September 05, 2019, 03:38:05 PM
I have never been involved in cryptocurrency mining, but this direction is interesting to me. And maybe in the future I will mine on POS
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
September 05, 2019, 03:22:16 PM
I'm still mining occasionally, though to a much smaller degree than I used to mine because my electrical costs have changed and it's now mostly unviable for me to mine most crypto profitably now. I've tried staking in the past, though I found mining was much more interesting than staking and profits were relatively low even though you don't need a whole lot to start staking coins as others have said here. I'd definitely start mining again if I moved to a place with a cheaper electrical rate or if I had access to cheaper electricity, though.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
September 05, 2019, 02:51:17 PM
I'm currently only staking and holding cryptocurrency.
The main coin that I stake is Steem, I get quite a good APR on that, plus it also increases my influence on the platform.

I'm just a blogger, but I've staked so much on Steem that my upvote is actually worth something by now, even with the Steem price being so low.
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
September 05, 2019, 02:45:49 PM
I think that PoS is the future for all altcoins because they can´t ensure such hash power as Bitcoin has. But it doesn´t make any sense for Bitcoin to switch from PoW to PoS.  Wink
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
September 05, 2019, 02:41:58 PM
staking because the capital needed is quite cheap, it's just that for staking of course, what makes it difficult is to find a good coin because not all coins staking is feasible, for mining at this time the conditions are not good
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
September 05, 2019, 02:37:09 PM
I am not mining. Due to the fall in prices mining is no longer profitable.
While staking becoming more and more popular. Why?
Because altcoins are so cheap, it is so easy, everyone could stake and it costs nothing! No energy, no mining rigs, just profit.  Cool
Activity: 560
Merit: 14
September 05, 2019, 02:18:07 PM
One thing is for sure I am not mining, I can't mine, I don't have the power voltage for it I however might stake if staking is investing I will stake but with full brain storming my phobia for losses still exist
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
September 05, 2019, 02:17:21 PM
I'm more into Staking and investing for the very long term. I don't have the capacity both Tech, Electricity and all that's required for mining so I will stake with the less cost of the two. Staking is more cost effective to me likewise investment.
Activity: 697
Merit: 262
Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!
September 05, 2019, 02:12:03 PM
Mining seems a bit tricky to me.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 3
Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media
September 05, 2019, 01:32:17 PM
I prefer to mine coins for several reasons. First of all, they are bringing much more money, because POS coins are not profitable for me. Especially in todays situation, when the market is raising, mining altcoins is getting more and more attractive.
Pages:
Jump to: