Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you staking or mining, or both? - page 7. (Read 697 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 251
September 05, 2019, 12:56:01 PM
PoW (Proof of Work)

PoS (Proof of Stake)

The most popular consensus mechanisms.

Proof of Stake protocols are gaining traction.  

What about you, personally?

Are you mining, are you staking, or are you doing both? And why?

If you are talking about mining online, but don't have any mining rigs perhaps that's too risky dude.
But staking your coins are much profitable, in fact, there are some altcoins minting, even you're not
making any trade in the platform still your coins staking like KCS, Pundix and Anyone.
Activity: 434
Merit: 19
September 05, 2019, 12:46:30 PM
PoW (Proof of Work)

PoS (Proof of Stake)

Either mining or staking they are both good ways of earning in crypto space and they both have their advantages and disadvantages too so its all on you to chose the one that suit you very well,for me i like POW better that POS mining because i find setting up a mining rig a big headache for me especially when things start taking different turn like GPU not displaying etc
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
September 05, 2019, 11:37:56 AM
PoW (Proof of Work)

PoS (Proof of Stake)

Actually i am into both POW and POS coins but they both have one advantage over the other,for example i have seen many projects that are still alive today all because of Prove of Work,these coins are profitable when mining and this is what keeps them alive,they have no real use cases, its almost the same for POS coins as well. So this is why i am not surprised that ETH want to start using POS as well,if its profitable enough many ETH haters will have no choice but to embrace ETH
Activity: 700
Merit: 27
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
September 05, 2019, 11:09:17 AM
PoW (Proof of Work)

PoS (Proof of Stake)

I told my friends that few projects are already leaving POW behind nd moving to POS for a reason that is unknown but i believe these projects devs must have a good reason for switching if not?why would they switch?

My experience with Prove of staking is easier and convenient than Prove of work to me,the reward is no doubt very low than mining PoW coins but all the same you can upgrade your POS rewards by buying more coins to add to your wallet for staking,if you have the money to build a mining farm why not consider POS instead? its more easier than POW
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
September 05, 2019, 11:01:32 AM
I did not do mining or staking, i am more prefer to trading and i do it everyday because i think trading is easy to do.
Mining need a big cost and electricity.

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
September 05, 2019, 10:53:20 AM
Im staking right now and have already sold all of my rigs and then move some amounts to staking some promising coin.
My personal reason is the mining is facing a difficult situation when almost the majority of coins are getting more and more difficulty on its network and that makes my incomes was decreasing a lot.
That's why i have been decided to sell all of the rigs and then try to do more effort in trading and staking.
I like POW but i don't like how it was going so difficult to be mined by small miners like me in the past.
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
September 05, 2019, 10:07:41 AM
This days I do more of staking then mining due to the high cost of mining, and since the market have been down for some time now I have decided to close down my mining farm and go into staking to cut cost.
copper member
Activity: 54
Merit: 11
September 05, 2019, 10:04:43 AM
PoW (Proof of Work)

PoS (Proof of Stake)

Join the r/staking subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/staking

Pages:
Jump to: