Pages:
Author

Topic: Argentina Debt Crisis: U.S. Demands 1.5 billion cash (Bitcoin to Rescue?) - page 4. (Read 8862 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
no kidding...america demanding argentina's debt be paid off?  now that's funny.

No, Argentina's bond holders are demanding that Argentina pay its debts.

I wonder what would happen if china did the same to the us with regards to their debt?

Has the US defaulted on any debt to China?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco
no kidding...america demanding argentina's debt be paid off?  now that's funny.

I wonder what would happen if china did the same to the us with regards to their debt?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
No comments on the community college point that I made?
When I was 18, I scored above 1300 / 1600 on my SATs, and was therefore led to believe that community college was beneath me - and attending anything less than a private school would be doing a disservice to my budding intellect.

I do regret not starting at a community college, but please understand that as a "brilliant young man", I was under tremendous pressure from my parents and my school counselors to attend the best school to which I was admitted.

The best school to which I was admitted entrance cost 37,000 USD $ per year. Hardly affordable for me or my family, but that didn't matter.

Getting back on topic, here's a vid on Bitcoin in Argentina.

Getting back off-topic:

First, I am all for civil disobedience, non-violent protests, not paying taxes, watching big banks, etc. implode.

Then there was some initial confusion about the OP and who owed who what, and to those who read the thread, it was cleared up.  Then you came in with your guns blazing saying fuck people who lent other people money under honest terms, don't pay back those debts and fuck other people who disagree because they don't read gud!  More or less.  And you give links showing how student debt and tuition has risen.

Then I was a little cocky with my response to that because, hey this is a public forum and eavesdropping is OK...and I didn't fully clarify one of my thoughts so I gave you some more ammo, etc.

which brings us to your last post about your situation and how you came to this debt that you agreed to.  I can relate a bit because I was not guided by my parents very well, whereas you were misguided by your parents.  I'm OK with my parents because they gave us the essentials and raised us way better than they were raised...and I am raising my kids way better than I was.  That's all one can ask of his/her parents I think.

Your parents were not "impressionable young 18 year olds who don't know jack shit about the world" but they guided you into a school and debt that you did not need.  They read those documents I assume and gave you the OK.  They told anyone who would listen that you were going to a private school and may or may not have felt superior when in the company of parents of public/community/state students.

The private school costs just like the luxury SUV costs.  And the lenders provided it.  I personally do without, that's how I fight.  The only lenders get my money are the mortgage company and my wife's student loans.  But she's part Italian so it's OK that she's fascist?

Hell yes, fuck the banks!  I do agree with you partially, but not the stealing part.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
When I was 18, I scored above 1300 / 1600 on my SATs, and was therefore led to believe that community college was beneath me - and attending anything less than a private school would be doing a disservice to my budding intellect.

I do regret not starting at a community college, but please understand that as a "brilliant young man", I was under tremendous pressure from my parents and my school counselors to attend the best school to which I was admitted.

The best school to which I was admitted entrance cost 37,000 USD $ per year. Hardly affordable for me or my family, but that didn't matter.

Getting back on topic, here's a vid on Bitcoin in Argentina.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
It was a government borrowing from private persons and free assosications of private persons. They freely agreed in advance to use the US court system in case of conflict. Had they not, they probably would not have gotten the loan in the first place.
You should've gone to community college to start with, and chosen a major that justifies the cost of your education.
Ahh, the new voice of modern fascism. "You should've studied something else, because everyone knows the point of higher education is to make money, rather than enrich oneself with knowledge."

Fuck off, ignoramus. This mindset of reducing university education to a scheme to increase one's earning has corrupted the entire higher education system (and everything else for that matter) into a shallow profit-making scheme that lines up and bends over for corporate interests.

I'll study whatever I damn well please. And guess what bitch, your taxes will pay for it whether you like it or not. What do you think happens to my unpaid debt? That's right motherfucker, TAXES end up paying for it.

People like you are the reason ETHICS and CIVICS are no longer studied anywhere, and the reason America is in the sorry state it is.

Now excuse me while I go study french literature and ancient greek history. No, I won't pay a dime for it. Why? Because education - like decent shelter, food, and healthcare - should be provided to all human beings as a birthright.

I'm TAKING that right as my own, and there's nothing you can do to stop me. It's already done. You enjoy being a corporate slave in the nightmare future you're helping to create with your willful ignorance.

For the rest of you with brains and consciences, let's STRIKE DEBT together.

Define fuck off, please.  I thought I was doing right now.

Sorry, I meant to clarify that when I typed it earlier.  What I meant is that I respect your right to study whatever you want, but I don't pity you that it didn't pay for itself via ROI.

You should've gone to community college to start with, and chosen a major that justifies the cost of your education.
Ahh, the new voice of modern fascism. "You should've studied something else, because everyone knows the point of higher education is to make money, rather than enrich oneself with knowledge."

Fuck off, ignoramus. This mindset of reducing university education to a scheme to increase one's earning has corrupted the entire higher education system (and everything else for that matter) into a shallow profit-making scheme that lines up and bends over for corporate interests.

I'll study whatever I damn well please. And guess what bitch, your taxes will pay for it whether you like it or not. What do you think happens to my unpaid debt? That's right motherfucker, TAXES end up paying for it.

People like you are the reason ETHICS and CIVICS are no longer studied anywhere, and the reason America is in the sorry state it is.

Now excuse me while I go study french literature and ancient greek history. No, I won't pay a dime for it. Why? Because education - like decent shelter, food, and healthcare - should be provided to all human beings as a birthright.

I'm TAKING that right as my own, and there's nothing you can do to stop me. It's already done. You enjoy being a corporate slave in the nightmare future you're helping to create with your willful ignorance.

For the rest of you with brains and consciences, let's STRIKE DEBT together.
wait, why is it extortion on debt? if you owe the money, then you have to pay it.. no? can't blame a debt collector from collecting debt.
Fuck yes we can. I have student loan debt. Am I going to pay it ? Nope. Not ever. Over my dead fucking body will they get a penny from me.

Why? Because I don't want to fund the evil banksters who prey on impressionable young 18 year olds who don't know jack shit about the world, 18-year olds who are pressured by society into college they can't afford.

Same reason I don't buy cigarettes.

Wow.  Major LOL's, thanks.  You should've gone to community college to start with, and chosen a major that justifies the cost of your education.  The overinflated tuition costs are the problem, not the lenders.  The more people that go to cheaper schools for their undergrad degrees, the cheaper tuition will get.  Undergrad only gets you an interview anyway, nobody cares what school it's from if it's not ivy league.

Your ignorance disgusts and enrages me.

more LOL's.
In short, Argentina doesn't actually owe the US anything other than the cost of printing those dollars, and seeing as they were more than likely only computer credits anyway, then (going by bitcoin payment fees), they perhaps need to add $1 to cover their costs.  Grin

Argentina doesn't owe the US anything.
They owe the private holders of Argentinian government bonds.
The fact that the bondholders sued and won in the US courts doesn't mean Argentina owe anything to the US government.
Private bondholders of foreign debt are also private owners of USA Incorporated. Remember, the political elite, the financial elite, the corporate elite - all these are the SAME people, members of the SAME caste in the USA.

This is not a government-government conflict, it is private citizens suing a government.
Your distinction between public and private entities is wholly erroneous, since nearly all modern governments are for-profit enterprises that are privately owned, just like the FED. It's a big scam, and you're the mark. Capiche?
In short, Argentina doesn't actually owe the US anything other than the cost of printing those dollars, and seeing as they were more than likely only computer credits anyway, then (going by bitcoin payment fees), they perhaps need to add $1 to cover their costs.  Grin

The fact that the bondholders sued and won in the US courts doesn't mean Argentina owe anything to the US government.
Private bondholders of foreign debt are also private owners of USA Incorporated. Remember, the political elite, the financial elite, the corporate elite - all these are the SAME people, members of the SAME caste in the USA.

Blah blah blah.
This is not a government-government conflict, it is private citizens suing a government.

Here and now it's a tiny fraction of the population who own everything, domestic property, foreign debt, profits from war, and the reigns of political power. They are the polyglot neo-oligarchy of neo-feudal America.

If you don't believe me, watch this.
In short, Argentina doesn't actually owe the US anything other than the cost of printing those dollars, and seeing as they were more than likely only computer credits anyway, then (going by bitcoin payment fees), they perhaps need to add $1 to cover their costs.  Grin

If China makes this move the US does on Argentinia, the US gouvernment will be bankrupt instant.

China cannot to this to the US because the US has not defaulted on its debt.
Argentina has.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

A guy I have bought Bitcoin from says that BTC is catching on in a big way down there in Argentina, due to their inept and dictatorial .gov.

And I read somewhere that BTC goes for a hefty premium there (30%!).

Two takeaways:

1) NEVER lend money to Argentina, never, ever.

2) BTC has its real uses, especially in moving one's own capital out.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
wait, why is it extortion on debt? if you owe the money, then you have to pay it.. no? can't blame a debt collector from collecting debt.

guess you missed the video's about how mortgages, loans, credit is how money is created.

US 'created' money (no true value went to argentina) but now US wants true value back

now that most people understand bitcoins and altcoins.. i can use a crypto analogy to explain FIAT, rather then the other way around

imagine the USA made an altcoin, called BONDScoin. and said each bondscoin was worth 1million bitcoins (purely because they said so) and then gave 1 bondscoins to argentina. stipulating that they dont want the bondscoins back, but they do want 1.5 million bitcoins back

You forgot the part were they created billions of bondscoins, driving the value of bondscoins down to near nothingness. So that they can't be used to pay of the 'debt'.

no i didnt forget.
the idea of my bondscoin analogy is correct. true value of bondscoin is zero.. just like all alts, because you cant spend a bond or a bonscoin with any merchants. but the coin developer (USA) declare/speculate a value (purely because they said so), this is why USA dont want the bondscoins back.. they want something with true value.. bitcoins + extra bitcoins in interest

EG
USA -> bondscoins -> argentina -> bitcoins -> USA
USA -> bonds -> argentina -> dollars / gold -> USA

bonds / bondscoin disapear in the middle (argentina is left holding the bag) but real value is demanded back
bondscoin / bonds. are just a no utility, no where to spend, pump and dump financial mechanism. utterly useless in reality. they are only used as a contract mechanism to say "if i gave you something that YOU agree is worth $1bill, you agree to give me back $1.5bill in actual dollar bank notes".. i then send you a piece of paper with 6 characters on it '$1BILL'. or i send you a useless altcoin that YOU have agreed is worth $1billion because i said thats what its worth and you accepted it. yet you cant wipe your ass with it or spend it at walmart. but by you accepting it. you have now made this fake value, because you have now made USA $1.5bilion (once they hold you at gunpoint to repay it)
While I agree that a creditor has a right to collect, why the f*&k are they doing it now? Are they trying to cause a collapse? We (the US) send billions to other countries all the time to help them out, why are we now hurting the economy of someone that I assume is an ally?

Billions send to other countries that are borrowed from other countries or that are printed from nothing by fed. The US gouvernment will never be able to pay back their debts.
That's exactly right, and well said. Believe me when I say not only can the US government not afford to pay back their debts, they never had any intention of doing so. There's a reason we have a sprawling military empire.

When you've got guns to the heads of everyone in the world, you don't HAVE to repay any debts - ever. Who's going to make you? Think about it.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
-Mao Tse-Tung
While I agree that a creditor has a right to collect, why the f*&k are they doing it now? Are they trying to cause a collapse? We (the US) send billions to other countries all the time to help them out, why are we now hurting the economy of someone that I assume is an ally?

Billions send to other countries that are borrowed from other countries or that are printed from nothing by fed. The US gouvernment will never be able to pay back their debts. Maybe they can, but before they have to inflate the US dollar in a massive way.

If China makes this move the US does on Argentinia, the US gouvernment will be bankrupt instant.

I cannot believe that the US gouvernment is feeded by a PRIVATE institute called FED. It should be clear who has the control of the USA. The private capital and not the people or citizens. Like everywhere in the world ;-)

Just my point of view....
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

guess you missed the video's about how mortgages, loans, credit is how money is created.

US 'created' money (no true value went to argentina) but now US wants true value back

now that most people understand bitcoins and altcoins.. i can use a crypto analogy to explain FIAT, rather then the other way around

imagine the USA made an altcoin, called BONDScoin. and said each bondscoin was worth 1million bitcoins (purely because they said so) and then gave 1 bondscoins to argentina. stipulating that they dont want the bondscoins back, but they do want 1.5 million bitcoins back

You forgot the part were they created billions of bondscoins, driving the value of bondscoins down to near nothingness. So that they can't be used to pay of the 'debt'.

In short, Argentina doesn't actually owe the US anything other than the cost of printing those dollars, and seeing as they were more than likely only computer credits anyway, then (going by bitcoin payment fees), they perhaps need to add $1 to cover their costs.  Grin

I believe someone won a case once claiming he did not owe the bank any money because the bank never owned the money in the first place or something.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Differences between US and Argentina govt debt: http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Oh, yes, I often check there to see how well the 'austerity measures' are doing to help get us back on track here in the UK.  Angry Sad Shocked

As Beliathon quite rightly infers in his posts, we are largely oblivious slaves to this system, but as the fraud becomes more widely recognised and reacted to by the average punter, then eventually that system will become unsustainable and change will happen.

Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
Pages:
Jump to: