Pages:
Author

Topic: Aricie: Announcing a new trading bots platform - page 2. (Read 18055 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Is there a way to adjust the ask/bid ratio? for example all the bitcoin value asks are set significantly higher than the bids. I keep finding that the majority of my bitcoins get sold off into USD and barely get converted back to bitcoins to be reinvested. I'd rather have it set more equal to where it's buying and selling equal or simular amounts bitcoins.

Hi,

there are several parameters to adjust the ask/bid ratio:

The easiest are the reserve percentages: if you have significantly more btcs than $ and wish to keep the unbalance, then define a higher ask reserve percentage than the bid reserve percentage. Otherwise, the bot will naturally tend  to balance both resources on the long run thus issue higher asks than bids.

Now this is because the inner order values are computed from the outer order boundaries, which in turn are issued automatically as the "Default Max Order" percentage of your available resources (accounting for your reserve percentages), and then dynamically increased by the "Volume increase factor" parameter or reset by the "Low resource reset factor" parameter while your available resources change.
You can also choose to manually define your outer orders as you see fit and control the whole distribution that way; just make sure that those last 2 parameters won't cancel your manual setup (for instance you may increase "volume increase factor" to prevent a small outer order being automatically increased, and decrease "low resource reset factor" to prevent a high outer order relative to the corresponding resource triggering a cancel)

Finally, you can also start playing with the inner orders distributions and pricer expressions, which can be defined independently for asks and for bids. i'm pretty sure there is some room for improvements in that section, and that the default asymmetrical expressions to account for linear order values are largely sub-optimal.

In any case, feel free to install the platform locally to do your tests as suggested earlier, since having to wait for each run is not very practical.

Cheers,

Jesse
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Is there a way to adjust the ask/bid ratio? for example all the bitcoin value asks are set significantly higher than the bids. I keep finding that the majority of my bitcoins get sold off into USD and barely get converted back to bitcoins to be reinvested. I'd rather have it set more equal to where it's buying and selling equal or simular amounts bitcoins.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
we are legion
In the mean time, if you want to experiment with the available parameters, I highly encourage you to install the platform locally from the source repository.
You'll be able to run your bot on demand with no delay, and you can report your settings online when you're happy with your local custom strategy.
I tried that with Version 12044. Didnt work for me. IIS config was broken.
Then I downloaded 12594. This one works.  Grin
Hi,
thanks for you valuable feedback.
I'll try to address some of your concerns

- The User Interface is horrible. I have to click back and forth through the (slow) Menu,
while all the Parameters of 1 Bot would fit on the Screen just fine.

I have to agree the user interface is far from perfect. This is mainly due to the fact that it is automatically generated by Reflection on the DOM classes properties (there is no Bitcoin specific UI).
Although that default behavior won't be changed soon, I reckon I can improve the usability by reducing the number of postbacks needed to navigate the various sections.
I'll look into this before applying the next upgrade

- It takes 10-20 Minutes to see the Result of the Trading Strategy.
a Preview would make it much faster and easier to tweak the Parameters.

That was asked already, and I'll consider introducing previews and charts although that probably won't be for the next release.
In the mean time, if you want to experiment with the available parameters, I highly encourage you to install the platform locally from the source repository.
You'll be able to run your bot on demand with no delay, and you can report your settings online when you're happy with your local custom strategy.

- I get logged out without a Warning or Notification and have to enter Username and Password again (using Firefox "Nightly").

It is quite unusual but we've add a couple of issues with our web farming environment recently, which required application restarts.
This is getting sorted and it might have been the cause for your account getting logged out.

- Why the "Master Bot" ? AFAIK, i can only make one MtGox Account without breaking the Rules there.
so a single Bot for each User should be enough. Keep it simple.

Master and User bots are website administrators concerns: admins can create master bot definitions online, and optionally turn them into "user bots" available individually to the regular website users with a subset of editable parameters.
The read-only Master bot definition, which you can browse below your configuration, simply displays the inner workings of your bot.

Regards,

Jesse
Activity: 327
we are legion
After many hours of tweaking the Bots Parameters, i finally got it trading like i want.
Some Criticism:
- The User Interface is horrible. I have to click back and forth through the (slow) Menu,
while all the Parameters of 1 Bot would fit on the Screen just fine.
- It takes 10-20 Minutes to see the Result of the Trading Strategy.
a Preview would make it much faster and easier to tweak the Parameters.
- I get logged out without a Warning or Notification and have to enter Username and Password again (using Firefox "Nightly").
- Why the "Master Bot" ? AFAIK, i can only make one MtGox Account without breaking the Rules there.
so a single Bot for each User should be enough. Keep it simple.

I'm sure with some Improvements of Userfriendlyness, Dnn Bitcoin would attract a lot more People.
Also, thank you for providing this free Service.
Hi can this bot be used on BTC-E USD/BTC or Intersango GBP/BTC which both have a bigger volume than Cypto X change also Mt.Gox EUR/BTC would be good too.  Also will the standard definitions for the bot ever be updated in future.

Hi,

We are currently concentrating our efforts on releasing a documented version of the underlying general purpose bot platform.
When this is done, I will update the source repository with a clean package, and I will make another call for contributions.
Supporting new APIs or implementing distinct Strategies is quite straight forward if you know C# or any other .Net language.
Hopefully we can get a couple of coders to adopt the hosting environment and contribute to the trading material or simply push their own flavor of the dnnbitcoin demo website.

Cheers,

Jesse
Activity: 168
You have to scrape BTC-e as it doesn't currently have a working trading api.

marked
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Hi can this bot be used on BTC-E USD/BTC or Intersango GBP/BTC which both have a bigger volume than Cypto X change also Mt.Gox EUR/BTC would be good too.  Also will the standard definitions for the bot ever be updated in future.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Trying this out with 1BTC  Grin
Thanks for fixing this!  I really like the platform and it keeps getting better, so thank you for your hard work.

Thanks for your support.
As you may know, we're looking for active contributors now.
If you have .Net skills or if you can think of improvements, please let us know.

Cheers
Activity: 180
Things should be alright now.

I had to restore many bots, which got disabled for some reason.
I'm sorry if you got notification emails related to that issues.
In case something similar happen again, further notification email will include the Json Response that triggered the ban, and I'll keep a log of that event too.

Cheers

Thanks for fixing this!  I really like the platform and it keeps getting better, so thank you for your hard work.
Things should be alright now.

I had to restore many bots, which got disabled for some reason.
I'm sorry if you got notification emails related to that issues.
In case something similar happen again, further notification email will include the Json Response that triggered the ban, and I'll keep a log of that event too.

Cheers
Hi,

I did a couple of updates today, and apparently something went wrong with the invalid credentials detection mechanism.
I'm investigating that right now.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jesse
Activity: 180
I've gotten a couple emails today saying the following:

The Exchange site responds to your bot with an "invalid credentials" message.

You bot was disabled. Please check your Bot Settings.

I've done that and my credentials are correct and have been working now for several weeks.  I was just curious if there is a problem on your end somewhere.

Thanks!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
Thanks for the quick fix!  Smiley
I have a quick question...I started my v2 mtgox bot and deleted the legacy bot (or tried to), but I think the legacy bot is still trading..could you check my bots (evolve) and confirm that I have the legacy bot disabled/deleted properly?

Thanks again, the new update is great!

Just checked and indeed the legacy bot was still running. I disabled your original bot, which should make it.
There must be something wrong with the delete feature again. I suspect something broken in the DNN personalization API on that specific version, since I'm pretty sure I tested that feature recently.
Well, moving on to upgrading to last DNN 6 version.

Cheers
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
I have a quick question...I started my v2 mtgox bot and deleted the legacy bot (or tried to), but I think the legacy bot is still trading..could you check my bots (evolve) and confirm that I have the legacy bot disabled/deleted properly?

Thanks again, the new update is great!

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
What's the minimum amount of btc/usd I can deposit to try it out, would you say? This looks interesting Smiley
Hi,
As I suggested above, it depends on your strategy.
The default strategy issues more than 20 ask/bid orders from about 5% of your resources for the highest to about 10% of those 5% for the lowest (closer to the current price).
Accordingly, if you have less than a couple of BTCs to get started, the default strategy will prevent central orders to be issued because of the 0.01 btc MtGox limit.

Now if you want to start with fewer resources (say X btcs), you can set your own strategy (check the "prevent overwrites" checkbox first):

• In the "trading band" tab, update the "Default Max Order" (a) and "Min Order Value" (b) such as X *80% * a% * b% > 0.01 (there is a 20% reserve by default)
  • Now the problem is the corresponding band would require more resources because of the many orders, so you have to change the distribution in the expression tab in order to get fewer orders issued (you can also reduce the trading band width). If you go for an exponential distribution, that might be it.
  • If you want to keep a near constant larger step say for instance "Min Ask Order Price" = LowestAsk.price * 95 / 100 and "Max Bid Order Price" = HighestBid.price * 100/95, you should take my above advice concerning central margin into consideration and increase the "Min Order Margin" parameter
  • Finally, you should account for the parameters in the "order updates" tab (mainly "Low Resource Reset Factor" and "Volume Increase Factor") so that your default band doesn't get cancelled once every 2 run nor slightly increased for a while. You don't have to get it right straight away, and you can monitor your history to figure out what's going on regarding those updates (your history will tell you what your available resources are, once the bands are defined).

Cheers

Edit: fixed an error in the expressions
Activity: 266
What's the minimum amount of btc/usd I can deposit to try it out, would you say? This looks interesting Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: