Author

Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹 - page 317. (Read 781309 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Hey, what's up guys?  I've got an eye on this project and pulling for your success.

Can someone let me know how your staking works and direct me to a walkthrough on how to setup Ark staking?
Activity: 574
Merit: 259
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
Check out this new promo for ark

Dont forget to vote for me delegate = doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3199jBGPPs4
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
Each vote cost 1 Ark if I vote and after few days decide to un vote,will I get back my ARK?
I have a very small amount of ark I.e only 8k, which delegate should I vote for (top one or someone from middle) to get best results?
Good questions.

It doesn't make sense to me yet.  Some delegates only share 50 or 55% and others share 75% or more yet the delegates which share LESS ARK have much more votes and voters than the ones that share MORE ARK.  How does that make any logical sense???

I see two reason just from the top of my head:

1. Because they started early, and usually have one big backer/voter (probably themselves). They don't need more votes (right now). No need to offer bigger rewards... People just registering nodes need some way to attract new votes. Greed is always a good ally...

2. Some people honestly believe in backing the community and support nodes that will give a % of the income into developing services. They are not only looking for short term profit, but think of it as a long term investment...

P.S. Don't try to understand everything. You'll go nuts Wink
Thanks again Smiley I see, for other long-term projects, not just short-term profit-making.
I am in ARK for the future of ARK, not just profits.  I believe in it.

Final question.  I don't have an account with the ARK client yet (I just downloaded it but didn't set anything up) and therefore haven't voted for anyone yet.  Do I have to do all this before forging starts later today or can I do it tomorrow, next week, next month, etc.?

You can start whenever you want Smiley

It is however true that the sooner you do it, the more you can expect to gain from it. Early adopters usually get the best deal.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Each vote cost 1 Ark if I vote and after few days decide to un vote,will I get back my ARK?
I have a very small amount of ark I.e only 8k, which delegate should I vote for (top one or someone from middle) to get best results?
Good questions.

It doesn't make sense to me yet.  Some delegates only share 50 or 55% and others share 75% or more yet the delegates which share LESS ARK have much more votes and voters than the ones that share MORE ARK.  How does that make any logical sense???

1. Because they started early, and usually have one big backer/voter (probably themselves). They don't need more votes (right now). No need to offer bigger rewards... People just registering nodes need some way to attract new votes. Greed is always a good ally...

2. Some people honestly believe in backing the community and support nodes that will give a % of the income into developing services. They are not only looking for short term profit, but think of it as a long term investment...

Thanks again Smiley I see, for other long-term projects, not just short-term profit-making.
I am in ARK for the future of ARK, not just profits.  I believe in it.

Final question.  I don't have an account with the ARK client yet (I just downloaded it but didn't set anything up) and therefore haven't voted for anyone yet.  Do I have to do all this before forging starts later today or can I do it tomorrow, next week, next month, etc.?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Hi devs!

When starts the forging on the Ark mainnet?
Good questions.

Activity: 301
In Crypto We Trust
https://www.arknode.net/VoteReport.txt
To be qualify for one of 51 delegate it would cost around $15,000 and growing
Everything is expensive these days.
I hope I didn't sell some of my ARK, most regretted I ever made.
Good questions.

https://blog.ark.io/lets-forge-some-ark-rewards-kick-in-at-block-75-600-abe2e7bf2b98

https://forum.ark.io/category/5/delegates

Spoon feeding session is over.

Use your freedom and decide for yourself  Wink
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Hey man! this is fantastic job Smiley , i loved! :

Thank's Giagge for all

Hmmm, I guess I'm still not understanding something.  If all that is correct, then why do the delegates with high sharing % and low votes have so little votes?  Wouldn't everyone want to join high sharing and little votes so they can receive much more ARK?

Eg.  Anamix (https://forum.ark.io/topic/184/anamix-delegate-70-sharing-profit-pool) has a higher share pool than many in the top 51, why would people not be voting for him if his share % is good?

I don't understand what the "catch" is for voting for some of the bigger delegates.  It seems you get much less with them because your votes are smaller percent and some don't offer high sharing yet so many people vote for them.  I'd like to understand why so I can decide who to vote my 30,000 ARK for.
Activity: 656
Merit: 501
XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global
Anyone want join my delegate with same or similar amount of arks like 230k ?
Activity: 301
In Crypto We Trust
OK.  So is it better to vote for a delegate with the least amount of ARK so that the ARK coins I vote with are a higher percentage of the total ARK for that delegate?

For example: Would it make more sense for someone to vote for ondin rather than dafty or arknet since ondin's delegate only has about 300,000 ARK coins while dafty's and arknet's have about 635,000 and 770,000?  This way your ARK coins would make up a bigger percentage of the total delegates' ARK coins?  Or is there a downside to voting for a delegate with less votes (assuming they stay within the top 51)?

Yes, it's better to vote for a delegate with less votes, so your votes count for a bigger %.

But... :
1. Not all delegates give the same % of rewards to voters. It's anywhere from 40-100%
2. Some delegates don't even give it out proportionaly. I saw one that has kind of a lottery every time. Winner takes all.
3. Delegates on the bottom of the 51 have a big chance of dropping out, so you risk getting 0.
OK.  Assuming 2 delegates both don't drop out of top 51, both give out the same %, and my votes contribute the same percentage to both...Would that mean I'll get the exact same results no matter which one I vote for or is it like Bitcoin mining where different people can get much more/less Bitcoin depending on other factors (eg. like how powerful their hardware is)?

Yes, in that case it's all the same. With POS (proof of stake) money is power Smiley

More money more problem, LOL
OK.  So is it better to vote for a delegate with the least amount of ARK so that the ARK coins I vote with are a higher percentage of the total ARK for that delegate?

For example: Would it make more sense for someone to vote for ondin rather than dafty or arknet since ondin's delegate only has about 300,000 ARK coins while dafty's and arknet's have about 635,000 and 770,000?  This way your ARK coins would make up a bigger percentage of the total delegates' ARK coins?  Or is there a downside to voting for a delegate with less votes (assuming they stay within the top 51)?

Yes, it's better to vote for a delegate with less votes, so your votes count for a bigger %.

But... :
1. Not all delegates give the same % of rewards to voters. It's anywhere from 40-100%
2. Some delegates don't even give it out proportionaly. I saw one that has kind of a lottery every time. Winner takes all.
3. Delegates on the bottom of the 51 have a big chance of dropping out, so you risk getting 0.
OK.  Assuming 2 delegates both don't drop out of top 51, both give out the same %, and my votes contribute the same percentage to both...Would that mean I'll get the exact same results no matter which one I vote for or is it like Bitcoin mining where different people can get much more/less Bitcoin depending on other factors (eg. like how powerful their hardware is)?

Yes, in that case it's all the same. With POS (proof of stake) money is power Smiley

But... :
OK.  So is it better to vote for a delegate with the least amount of ARK so that the ARK coins I vote with are a higher percentage of the total ARK for that delegate?

For example: Would it make more sense for someone to vote for ondin rather than dafty or arknet since ondin's delegate only has about 300,000 ARK coins while dafty's and arknet's have about 635,000 and 770,000?  This way your ARK coins would make up a bigger percentage of the total delegates' ARK coins?  Or is there a downside to voting for a delegate with less votes (assuming they stay within the top 51)?

But... :
OK.  So is it better to vote for a delegate with the least amount of ARK so that the ARK coins I vote with are a higher percentage of the total ARK for that delegate?

For example: Would it make more sense for someone to vote for ondin rather than dafty or arknet since ondin's delegate only has about 300,000 ARK coins while dafty's and arknet's have about 635,000 and 770,000?  This way your ARK coins would make up a bigger percentage of the total delegates' ARK coins?  Or is there a downside to voting for a delegate with less votes (assuming they stay within the top 51)?
Activity: 206
Merit: 1
OK.  If I vote with 30,000 ARK, does anyone else have access to my coins including the delegate?  I'm trying to figure out if holding all your coins on a delegate thing is a security risk.
All the ARK in your wallet is counted as votes towards your delegate. Selecting the delegate costs 1 ARK.

For example, as seen in https://www.arknode.net/VoteReport.txt, someonesomeone has only one voter yet has 604,033 votes. That is because that voter has 604,033 ARK in their wallet.
No one can access that ARK except the voter themself.
Jump to: