Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.93 testing release! (with 0.05 BTC bug bounty) - page 2. (Read 35695 times)

legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
So, how does this work? Who can program plugins? Only Armory-devs, or anyone?

Anyone can make plugins, but they will only run on stock mainnet Armory if we have signed them. You can modify the source to add your own public key to the list of trustees if you want to run plugins someone else signed. I don't think we added an option in the UI for that yet, I'm not sure if we are going down that path. I think the internal talk was to sign trusted 3rd parties' key with ours so they can do their own plugin dev, and revoke privileges through the announcement system in case someone goes rogue. You should really ask etotheipi or Circus_Peanut for details, I wasn't part of this development effort.

All plugins run unsigned on testnet.

Sounds like the best way. As with much about anything you guys come up with! :-)
I'll get in contact with them.

I'd prefer log files one way or another.

Do you have another copy of the blockchain you can sink Armory with? It sounds like missing block data in Core's raw files.

Hmm, sounds weird to me. I connect/sync my local bitcoin-cli to one instance in my local network, so it's fine for me to let it reload the blockchain. Will try that, drop the outcome here, and send logs your way should it not solve the prob.

Thank you for the help,

Ente
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer

Anyone can make plugins, but they will only run on stock mainnet Armory if we have signed them. You can modify the source to add your own public key to the list of trustees if you want to run plugins someone else signed. I don't think we added an option in the UI for that yet, I'm not sure if we are going down that path. I think the internal talk was to sign trusted 3rd parties' key with ours so they can do their own plugin dev, and revoke privileges through the announcement system in case someone goes rogue. You should really ask etotheipi or Circus_Peanut for details, I wasn't part of this development effort.

All plugins run unsigned on testnet.

Sorry for the doublepost.

Debian 64bit Wheezy here, I just upgraded both bitcoin-cli and Armory. Both via git and compiling. Armory master branch.
Armory takes hours to do "Blockchain Optimizations" or the like, then hangs at 175497 blocks height. Shutting down takes endlessly, until I re-close. Next startup same symptoms.
I read that happened to other(s) already, couldn't find a solution to this?
I already reset the blockchain on Armory.
Armory: 0.93.1
Bitcoin-cli:     "version" : 100000,    "protocolversion" : 70002,

Is there a known fix already? Or shall I provide logs and all?

Thanks,

Ente

I'd prefer log files one way or another.

Do you have another copy of the blockchain you can sink Armory with? It sounds like missing block data in Core's raw files.
legendary
Sorry for the doublepost.

Debian 64bit Wheezy here, I just upgraded both bitcoin-cli and Armory. Both via git and compiling. Armory master branch.
Armory takes hours to do "Blockchain Optimizations" or the like, then hangs at 175497 blocks height. Shutting down takes endlessly, until I re-close. Next startup same symptoms.
I read that happened to other(s) already, couldn't find a solution to this?
I already reset the blockchain on Armory.
Armory: 0.93.1
Bitcoin-cli:     "version" : 100000,    "protocolversion" : 70002,

Is there a known fix already? Or shall I provide logs and all?

Thanks,

Ente
legendary
Woooot!
Thank you for the headsup! I really have to lurk moar again :-)

How to get them signed? Self-signing with "you lose all warranty", or would you, Armory-devs, do a sanity-check to sign it? Or some external entity? How about the costs (financially or effort-wise) this creates?

I am cosidering paying someone to create a plugin (cold-wallet on RasPi with comfortable hot-wallet connection). The product should be both sanity-checked as well as signed, and would of course be open-sourced and free for anyone. I, personally, would be fine with spending some extra for sanity+signing.

edit: new thread for this? Or is there already one I didn't see?

Ente
legendary
Armory Developer
Whoa, that's a lot of cool stuff in the works!

I'm waiting for the new wallet format the most.
Except, well, is the addon/plugin-feature in the race too?

Ente

It's been up and working since 0.92.x afaik. We just don't have anything for main stream use yet, and plugins can't run unsigned on mainnet, only testnet. The first real production plugin may just be an arbitrary history lookup for supernode.
legendary
And not the new wallet format? You guys are doing a lot of releases soon by the looks of it. I thought python 3 and qt 5 (and gitian...) were also on the table?

Each one these features is developed in parallel and will have its own separate release version. They are all significant changes under the hood and we won't be releasing them together in order to minimize the bug search effort that follows a new version. As for the release order, it's a matter of which major change is ready first.

I think I'm ahead of the race with the DB changes but that may not hold true in the upcoming weeks. Doug is on Gitian, and Alan is on the new wallets, our new guy (he doesn't have a forum handle yet I think) is on Py3/Qt5. He's got other priorities though, so he's kinda out of the race for now. Place your bets =P

Whoa, that's a lot of cool stuff in the works!

I'm waiting for the new wallet format the most.
Except, well, is the addon/plugin-feature in the race too?

Ente
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
Sounds like you're all doing well. Just wish gitian had a config for Xen, but I guess that's asking alot for such a tool. I'd be interested to hear if it's similar to KVM and/or easy to figure out config for.

Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Senior Developer - Armory
And not the new wallet format? You guys are doing a lot of releases soon by the looks of it. I thought python 3 and qt 5 (and gitian...) were also on the table?

Each one these features is developed in parallel and will have its own separate release version. They are all significant changes under the hood and we won't be releasing them together in order to minimize the bug search effort that follows a new version. As for the release order, it's a matter of which major change is ready first.

I think I'm ahead of the race with the DB changes but that may not hold true in the upcoming weeks. Doug is on Gitian, and Alan is on the new wallets, our new guy (he doesn't have a forum handle yet I think) is on Py3/Qt5. He's got other priorities though, so he's kinda out of the race for now. Place your bets =P

Close. Smiley I'm working with our new intern on Gitian and Ubuntu 12.04 support, and also doing a bit of Py3/Qt5 work. Here's a quick update regarding how I see things. Keep in mind that we're still scheduling various tasks, so please don't make any assumptions regarding when any of this is coming.

Gitian: Coming along nicely. Been working with theuni to shape a few things and devrandom to squash some bugs in the Gitian code. (We're using Ubuntu 14.04 as the base, which is a bit bleeding edge for Gitian.) I think we're close to having a functional Linux build, if we're not there already. For now, Gitian would only work for Linux. Quite a bit of work remains to be done if we're going to add OS X and/or Windows.
Ubuntu 12.04: After pursuing every possible option, our wonderful intern finally found a reasonable solution that was just pushed. (I forgot to credit him when I pushed it. Sorry, Joseph!) We're discussing our next move right now.
Py3/Qt5: Seems mostly functional on Linux, although there are still some bugs. OS X is kinda functional but needs more TLC, and possibly some attention from the Qt team. (A patch I submitted eight months ago is finally getting traction now that I've confirmed it affects Qt5.) Don't know about Windows. Will get integrated eventually.
Wallet 2.0: Haven't really touched this much recently, although I do have a bit of work to do here eventually. It is coming, I assure all of you!

Never a dull day around here!
legendary
Armory Developer

legendary
legendary
Armory Developer
It's an extension of the previous work (apparently).

It is. It will also be faster and more stable thanks to some simplification in the architecture.

Hope it makes it into 0.94, looks like there's alot to get into that release.

It's the basis for that release actually.
legendary

It is. It will also be faster and more stable thanks to some simplification in the architecture.

Hope it makes it into 0.94, looks like there's alot to get into that release.
legendary
Armory Developer

legendary
What's in this database upgrade?

Less database. 120 MB of Armory database per every 35 GB of bitcoin database (i.e. blockchain)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Java Coder
What's in this database upgrade?
legendary
Transaction details are still broken

Yeah, that one's known. Last word from goatpig was that he'd fix most/all of the tx details issues as a part of delivering the complete Database upgrade (we've only had the foundations of that work so far)
Java Coder
Transaction details are still broken
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
There's something that's really started to bother me, and it's the print dialog freezing a split second after opening. I cannot make a backup of my wallet through my printer, I can't even save it as a PDF

I am on Mac OS X 10.10, running Armory 0.93.1

I had the same thing happen with the print dialog freezing instantly. However, I was able to print wallet backup.

After the initial print dialog opens and freezes click back on the the "print wallet backup" window and click print again. A new print dialog opened and that allowed me to successfully print my wallet backup. The initial print dialog appears to remain frozen.
Java Coder
There's something that's really started to bother me, and it's the print dialog freezing a split second after opening. I cannot make a backup of my wallet through my printer, I can't even save it as a PDF

I am on Mac OS X 10.10, running Armory 0.93.1
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Edit: "Rebuild and Rescan Databases" from the Help menu fixed it.

Windows 8.1 x64
I have bitcoin core 0.10 installed and Armory 0.93.0.82 running. I sent a transaction to my Armory wallet from a web wallet. Originally it showed as having received the transaction and 0 confirmations but it never went above 0 confirmations even though online block explorers showed it as having been confirmed many times. Then I realized that Armory shows "connected" in the bottom right but the block count isn't increasing. It is still stuck on block 347509 while current block count shows 347813. But Armory shows as connected and Green.

I ran bitcoin-qt and it showed the correct number of blocks.

I tried "Rescan Databases" from the Help menu but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.

This happened to me to, freaked me out. Saw it in the blockchain, but not the Armory which would show up instantly with no confirmation and eventually turn green. Just never updated. I'll refrain from using the client since there are more bugs now than the previous version. I just hope I don't need to send any coin to anyone for something.
Pages:
Jump to: