Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.93 testing release! (with 0.05 BTC bug bounty) - page 3. (Read 35695 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
Just pushed the missing txio fix. It will attempt to repair the DB but I don't think I can guarantee proper balance after the repair. It should prevent the issue from reoccurring on top of a clean DB, but again I'm not sure. I'm getting closer to finishing the DB changes so I'm trying to focus on that instead of coming up with a large fix for the current state of supernode.
legendary
Armory Developer
I have some feature requests:

I'd like for Armory's coin control feature to display choices based on inputs rather than addresses, and I'd like for it to show more in-depth information regarding inputs, such as priority, source address, TX hash of the origin, and maybe the same thing when sending bitcoins, perhaps a display for the size and priority of the transaction for expert users.

That has been on our list for a time, should be done in the coming months, I hope.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Java Coder
I have some feature requests:

I'd like for Armory's coin control feature to display choices based on inputs rather than addresses, and I'd like for it to show more in-depth information regarding inputs, such as priority, source address, TX hash of the origin, and maybe the same thing when sending bitcoins, perhaps a display for the size and priority of the transaction for expert users.
legendary
Armory Developer
TimS: I should have a fix for the missing txio issue sometimes today.
Activity: 250
Merit: 253
I've got a question regarding the secure downloader. Exactly how secure is it?
Very.
Does it download through encrypted connection? Does it verify signed or hashed files?
Yes and yes. announcefetch.py has hardcoded HTTPS URLs with an associated hardcoded public key (the private key to this is kept offline). This URL is a signed message and links to https://s3.amazonaws.com/bitcoinarmory-media/dllinks.txt (including a SHA256 hash), which is another signed message with links to other HTTPS addresses (including SHA256 hashes) that are the actual downloads.
It stores this signed dllinks.txt file in %appdata%\Armory\atisignedannounce\downloads.file.
It is, for all practical purposes (finding a SHA256 collision is not practical, for example), impossible for a man-in-the-middle without that private key to trick you into installing something incorrect/compromised. The HTTPS encryption is not even needed for this sort of setup to be secure (it does improve privacy, etc.), so it doesn't even really matter if you have some shady root certificates loaded.

The easiest way to break it is probably this: A super-user/administrator on your local box could replace your ArmoryQt executable with their own file pointing to their own URLs and public keys. But if they can do that, the main purpose of their replacement ArmoryQt will probably be to simply send your private keys to the creators of the app as soon as you unlock your wallet for a tx. And if you can do that, compromising the Secure Downloader would have limited value.
Java Coder
I've got a question regarding the secure downloader. Exactly how secure is it? Does it download through encrypted connection? Does it verify signed or hashed files?
legendary
Armory Developer
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
My spoon is too big!
Edit: "Rebuild and Rescan Databases" from the Help menu fixed it.

Windows 8.1 x64
I have bitcoin core 0.10 installed and Armory 0.93.0.82 running. I sent a transaction to my Armory wallet from a web wallet. Originally it showed as having received the transaction and 0 confirmations but it never went above 0 confirmations even though online block explorers showed it as having been confirmed many times. Then I realized that Armory shows "connected" in the bottom right but the block count isn't increasing. It is still stuck on block 347509 while current block count shows 347813. But Armory shows as connected and Green.

I ran bitcoin-qt and it showed the correct number of blocks.

I tried "Rescan Databases" from the Help menu but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.
legendary
Armory Developer
Hello,

Armory's CPU usage remains high even in this version, spiking up to 25% every 2-3 seconds even in prolonged idle state.

Yes we are aware of that, this fix is rather complicated so we'll ship it with the next version of DB changes.
Activity: 147
Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
Hello,

Armory's CPU usage remains high even in this version, spiking up to 25% every 2-3 seconds even in prolonged idle state.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
https://bitcoinarmory.com/troubleshooting/#q22
Troubleshooting:
To move BOTH Bitcoin Core AND Armory home dir:
1.Complete both steps above but instead, modify Armory Shortcut by adding: --satoshi-datadir="F:\Bitcoin\new\home\dir" --datadir="F:\Armory\new\home\dir"

That's not working for me.... Windows 7 64-Bit

Only moving one or the other works, but not both.

Other question... can I maybe move the installation also to my external drive, or does it need to sit on my system-drive?

Did you also move Bitcoin?
Activity: 309
https://bitcoinarmory.com/troubleshooting/#q22
Troubleshooting:
To move BOTH Bitcoin Core AND Armory home dir:
1.Complete both steps above but instead, modify Armory Shortcut by adding: --satoshi-datadir="F:\Bitcoin\new\home\dir" --datadir="F:\Armory\new\home\dir"

That's not working for me.... Windows 7 64-Bit

Only moving one or the other works, but not both.

Other question... can I maybe move the installation also to my external drive, or does it need to sit on my system-drive?
Activity: 255
Senior Developer - Armory
When printing a paper backup on OS X, the print dialog freezes after a split second, and the only way to print is press Enter or Esc, then on top of that, it doesn't even print! I suggest adding an option to save the paper backup to a PDF file, then it can be printed externally, and/or fixing the print dialog Tongue

I'm not having any issues printing. This is, in all likelihood, another Qt issue. Hopefully the Py3/Qt5 upgrade we're working on will fix these stupid Qt bugs once and for all. In the meantime, I'll see if we can get some sort of workaround into the next (post-0.93.1, to be exact) release.
Java Coder
When printing a paper backup on OS X, the print dialog freezes after a split second, and the only way to print is press Enter or Esc, then on top of that, it doesn't even print! I suggest adding an option to save the paper backup to a PDF file, then it can be printed externally, and/or fixing the print dialog Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
My Armory upgrade from 0.92 to 0.93.0.70 beta with bitcoin core v0.10.0 was successfull on Windows 7 64-Bit.

Even the custom database directory was detected correctly.

Only the bitcoin core client did not keep the custom database directory, but that's not Armory's fault...

I had to perform a Rescan that I was triggering from Armory, Help, Rescan Databases.

Thanks for the good work!

Really? There's no way it remembered the directory.
Activity: 309
My Armory upgrade from 0.92 to 0.93.0.70 beta with bitcoin core v0.10.0 was successfull on Windows 7 64-Bit.

Even the custom database directory was detected correctly.

Only the bitcoin core client did not keep the custom database directory, but that's not Armory's fault...

I had to perform a Rescan that I was triggering from Armory, Help, Rescan Databases.

Thanks for the good work!
Activity: 306
Thanks for clarification. I am just starting to be affraid of Armory as it becomes so buggy with new releases. Developers should not expose them to the public untill all bugs were fixed. IMHO

A lot of people sure do like to complain about free software... What's with this entitlement mentality?

There was a fairly long testing release phase where ATI was paying people for submitting bugs. Did you contribute during the testing release?

Keep in mind that Bitcoin Core also just had a major release changing certain things about the way the block chain is managed. So Armory not only had to deal with it's own internal changes, but Core's as well.

Armory has improved drastically in the last release and I hope they keep doing whatever it is they are doing. Everything Bitcoin is still beta and anyone involved with Bitcoin needs to understand this.

+1! I was gonna say that but you beat me to it!

Java Coder
Bug: I cannot sort transactions or wallets by clicking the top bar, but I can sort lockboxes just fine
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
One more question. Say I will forget about Armory and use  pure Bitcoin-Qt instead as my wallet. Will I be able to import my Armary wallet into Bitcoin-Qt sa thatI my bts were safe? And what wallet should I import  online or offline? All my btc are in off-line Armory wallet

No, the two are very different. But you always can make transactions from the old Armory to a new Bitcoin Core wallet.

Thanks for clarification. I am just starting to be affraid of Armory as it becomes so buggy with new releases. Developers should not expose them to the public untill all bugs were fixed. IMHO

They are working very hard to resolve them. I wouldn't worry about the safety of your bitcoins because of any of the current bugs.

From what I understand you're still running XP on your offline PC. I'm sure you realise that OS is on its way out (no more support by Microsoft). You can not expect software developers (like Armory) to support old OSs (and hardware for that matter) forever.
Pages:
Jump to: