Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory 0.93 testing release! (with 0.05 BTC bug bounty) - page 5. (Read 35695 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
Ok, what about this then:

Same copy of the blockchain on both machines?

Also, pick whatever machine, delete the databases folder and the log files, start Armory and let it run till it crashes, then post the fresh logs.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
--datadir=E:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\Data_Armory

Is this your "system" program files? Can't have the datadir in a restricted folder

Again, I said this

I've not been using the torrent ever. Everything is running with admin privs as UAC has been disabled from day 1 of windows install(5.5 years ago) and there is only one admin account on the pc.

There are no restrictions, no UAC, also the node has been running fine for almost a year. Me and Armory both have write access rights to the folder, as Armory HAS been creating a database in Data_Armory, si it is clearly able to write to it. And in any case no, neither the desktop nor the laptop have datadir in the system program files, those are on C: and the armory ones are on drives D: and E: respectively where i manually created the folders and put in whatever didn't fit on C:.

The database, after some Armory restarts, has stuck at 18.9GB on the Desktop and refuses to go up despite intense activity. Upon relaunch, a handful new blocks that emerged over the past few hours are downloaded, it catches up, then proceeds back to the Database building part, where the progress indicators completely freeze despite the program continuing to run. On the Laptop the exact same is happening, except after a few restarts and a crash it finally climbed from 20GB to 22.1GB. The UI behaves exactly the same, no progress bar activity on Building DB, no percent change, spinning disk animation is still, but the UI works, I can check wallet etc and unexplained constant harddisk activity.

This is the laptop log. http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9R3tF96P
legendary
Armory Developer
--datadir=E:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\Data_Armory

Is this your "system" program files? Can't have the datadir in a restricted folder

EDIT: Laptop now also got stuck with a 20.0GB Data_Armory folder. That's two different machines.

Same copy of the blockchain on both machines? Can I see the other log file?
is now showing "Building Databases 61.5%"

Are you sure you're running 0.93 (this is the 0.93 thread after all...)?

0.92 and older had a Building Databases step, 0.93 replaced this with a much faster (1 - 2 hours long) Organizing Blockchain step AFAIK.
It does appear to be building it much faster, but it then gets stuck at ~18.9GB.

http://i.imgur.com/MFB1sDv.png?1 Help -> About picture
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=HVazH8aS Recent Armory log since the 18.9GB DB loop.

EDIT: Laptop now also got stuck with a 20.0GB Data_Armory folder. That's two different machines.

Also, both Armories, when asked to Quit go to "Preparing to shut down..." and just stay there intermittently, with the UI still responsive, until Quit is selected again, then it actually closes.
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
is now showing "Building Databases 61.5%"

Are you sure you're running 0.93 (this is the 0.93 thread after all...)?

0.92 and older had a Building Databases step, 0.93 replaced this with a much faster (1 - 2 hours long) Organizing Blockchain step AFAIK.
Merit: 250
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
Support ticket submitted but trying to find some quicker answers
Here if anyone else has seen the same problems.

I have tried EVERYTHING now with no luck.
Installed new Armory V0.93
Opened Armory in Offline mode and then did a full factory reset.
Installed new BitcoinQT V0.10
RE-Downloaded full blockchain with BitCoinQT.
Verified blockchain with BitCoinQT / verified green check mark and full start of BitCoinQT.

Shutdown BitCoinQT and start Armory normally.
Loading BTC.
Organizing Blockchain approximately 2+ hours EVERY time Armory started.

If wallet is deleted / opens OK.
All wallets deleted and new wallet created for further troubleshooting.
Problem persists on old and newest version of Armory using both 0.9.3 and
newest version of BitCoinQT.

I have a question based on the new DB size, when using supernode will the DB still be as large as it is now?

No supernode is huge, ~90GB currently.

I got same problem of BDM error box.  It asks me to rebuild and rescan.  I did it twice and it loads once correctly, then after next time same error.
Anyone fix this?

That was done on previous version to try and fix the problem but I had no luck.
Im trying to download now AGAIN, full factory reset, to see if that may work now on
the newest version.

Open a support ticket, attach log files.
Got btc core 0.10 and armory 0.93. After a lot of freezing up and a failed database read, and rebuilds of armory's database that kept freezing up, I deleted everything in my btc core and armory folder, so everything blockchain-related from both btc core and armory's own database is gone, the only things I kept were ArmorySettings.txt and my Armory wallet. I was hoping that a fresh re-download of the blockchain and rebuild from scratch would fix stuff. Instead armory is now freezing up at 0% synchronizing with network. The little spinning disk animation is frozen but the UI is still responsive. There is no disk activity. I'm at a loss here. I'm attaching the logs from btc core and armory's two logs here in hopes someone can figure out what is going on. I have been using armory fine for a year now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l9yh5vvp358apn/searinox-inactive_armory.zip?dl=0

I'm not sure if you are trying to get the torrent bootstrap going or if you already have Core sync'ed with a fresh blockchain. The log says bitcoind started but it's not reporting a blockchain folder size which would purport you have a fresh Core datadir. At this point it's getting confusing.

One thing I'm noticing that you should really avoid is: "--datadir=E:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\Data_Armory"

Program Files(x86) is a binary folder. In that regard, a process would need admin privileges to write files in there, and chances are you aren't (neither do you want) to run Armory as admin. This alone will trip Armory. You should use a folder for which your current user has privileges, usually somewhere in the C:\user\*username* folder, or another drive/non system partition.

If this doesn't fix it, then you should bypass bitcoind automanagement. Start BitcoinQt manually and get it to sync the full chain. If you want to speed that process up you can get the bootstrap torrent on your own and move the fully downloaded bootstrap into your Core datadir folder.

With that done, start Armory and report on what happens. Ideally you should do that in a support ticket.

I've not been using the torrent ever. Everything is running with admin privs as UAC has been disabled from day 1 of windows install(5.5 years ago) and there is only one admin account on the pc.

I have an update. Apparently bitcoin WAS actually downloading the blockchain, but the UI updates like only once every 12 hours or so! The size of the Data_BTC folder steadily increased to 34GB then it began building the Armory DB. Again, the UI did NOT update, with the spinning disk animation perfectly still... at around 16GB it updated ONCE, and is now showing "Building Databases 61.5%", it has since reached 18.9GB(of what was previously ~29GB) and then STOPPED growing in size. There is intense activity but the size is not growing anymore, not even by a handful of bytes.

On a separate laptop machine, Armory's UI is doing the same, it has downloaded 32/34GB blockchain but the UI still stood at 0% from late last night until only early this moment when it jumped to 95% and is again frozen despite the chain still being downloaded.

So at this point I am unsure what Armory's DB is doing as it has stopped growing in size even though there's still constant disk activity, all I know is that the UI, which updates extremely rarely, is making my confusion worse.
legendary
Armory Developer
I don't know if this has already been brought to developers' attention, but here:

When signing a tx (from simulfunding, or any unsigned tx really), occasionally it fails and returns this lovely message in the log:
Code:
2015-02-24 15:27 (ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ui/MultiSigDialogs.py", line 2716, in doSign
    self.doSignForInput(idstring, nIdx)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ui/MultiSigDialogs.py", line 2936, in doSignForInput
    ustxi.createAndInsertSignature(pytx, addrObj.binPrivKey32_Plain)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/Transaction.py", line 1275, in createAndInsertSignature
    derSig = self.createTxSignature(pytx, sbdPrivKey, hashcode, DetSign)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/Transaction.py", line 1235, in createTxSignature
    raise SignatureError('No PubKey that matches this privKey')
SignatureError: No PubKey that matches this privKey
This doesn't happen often but I thought I'd report it anyway

We're aware of this one. Didn't work a fix for 0.93 but will most likely have one for .1
Activity: 120
Java Coder
I don't know if this has already been brought to developers' attention, but here:

When signing a tx (from simulfunding, or any unsigned tx really), occasionally it fails and returns this lovely message in the log:
Code:
2015-02-24 15:27 (ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ui/MultiSigDialogs.py", line 2716, in doSign
    self.doSignForInput(idstring, nIdx)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ui/MultiSigDialogs.py", line 2936, in doSignForInput
    ustxi.createAndInsertSignature(pytx, addrObj.binPrivKey32_Plain)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/Transaction.py", line 1275, in createAndInsertSignature
    derSig = self.createTxSignature(pytx, sbdPrivKey, hashcode, DetSign)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/Transaction.py", line 1235, in createTxSignature
    raise SignatureError('No PubKey that matches this privKey')
SignatureError: No PubKey that matches this privKey
This doesn't happen often but I thought I'd report it anyway
legendary
Armory Developer
I'm assuming I shouldn't be seeing the "Armory is incompatible with Bitcoin Core 0.10+" message in the announcements tab of the dashboard - given that I'm running 0.93 release :-)

It's under the heading "All available notifications" - not sure if that's supposed to mean that it includes notifications that don't apply to me (but if this really is the intended behaviour then may I respectfully suggest that you reconsider your UI design here)

roy

The annoucement/downloader is kind of all over the place right now, sorry about that. I think what you are getting a version agnostic warning about Core 0.10 when it was only meant to hit 0.92.3 and earlier. We'll get it under control eventually.
Activity: 563
Merit: 500
I'm assuming I shouldn't be seeing the "Armory is incompatible with Bitcoin Core 0.10+" message in the announcements tab of the dashboard - given that I'm running 0.93 release :-)

It's under the heading "All available notifications" - not sure if that's supposed to mean that it includes notifications that don't apply to me (but if this really is the intended behaviour then may I respectfully suggest that you reconsider your UI design here)

roy
legendary
Armory Developer
Got btc core 0.10 and armory 0.93. After a lot of freezing up and a failed database read, and rebuilds of armory's database that kept freezing up, I deleted everything in my btc core and armory folder, so everything blockchain-related from both btc core and armory's own database is gone, the only things I kept were ArmorySettings.txt and my Armory wallet. I was hoping that a fresh re-download of the blockchain and rebuild from scratch would fix stuff. Instead armory is now freezing up at 0% synchronizing with network. The little spinning disk animation is frozen but the UI is still responsive. There is no disk activity. I'm at a loss here. I'm attaching the logs from btc core and armory's two logs here in hopes someone can figure out what is going on. I have been using armory fine for a year now.

I'm not sure if you are trying to get the torrent bootstrap going or if you already have Core sync'ed with a fresh blockchain. The log says bitcoind started but it's not reporting a blockchain folder size which would purport you have a fresh Core datadir. At this point it's getting confusing.

One thing I'm noticing that you should really avoid is: "--datadir=E:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\Data_Armory"

Program Files(x86) is a binary folder. In that regard, a process would need admin privileges to write files in there, and chances are you aren't (neither do you want) to run Armory as admin. This alone will trip Armory. You should use a folder for which your current user has privileges, usually somewhere in the C:\user\*username* folder, or another drive/non system partition.

If this doesn't fix it, then you should bypass bitcoind automanagement. Start BitcoinQt manually and get it to sync the full chain. If you want to speed that process up you can get the bootstrap torrent on your own and move the fully downloaded bootstrap into your Core datadir folder.

With that done, start Armory and report on what happens. Ideally you should do that in a support ticket.

legendary
Armory Developer
I need your log files, one way or another (both armorylog.txt and armorycpplog.txt)

Either go through the support channel or post them somewhere and give me the link.
Activity: 674

I've done this also. 

It says an email will be sent to my email telling me how to create an account, to check my ticket status.

I haven't received any email, and it's been about 20 hours.

I'd rather not create an account, I'd just like a reply to the email I supplied.
Activity: 674
I got same problem of BDM error box.  It asks me to rebuild and rescan.  I did it twice and it loads once correctly, then after next time same error.
Anyone fix this?

I'm getting the same BDM error.  I've already uninstalled both Bitcoin Core and Armory twice now, redownloaded the entire blockchain maybe three or four times, nothing works.

I made a post in the "official" 0.93 thread along with others having the issue.

I can't believe 0.93 went live with this huge bug affecting so many people. 
legendary
Armory Developer
I have a question based on the new DB size, when using supernode will the DB still be as large as it is now?

No supernode is huge, ~90GB currently.

Anyone fix this?

Im trying to download now AGAIN, full factory reset, to see if that may work now on
the newest version.

Activity: 29
Merit: 2
Anyone fix this?
Merit: 250
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
redownload the blockchain

the newest version.
Activity: 120
Java Coder
Pages:
Jump to: