Pages:
Author

Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread - page 85. (Read 521763 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
December 09, 2013, 01:44:44 PM
just downloaded 0.9 and works great!

question; i've been opening Bitcoin-qt separately then opening 0.9 which obviously is scanning blockchain much faster.  how is it performing if i let Armory control Bitcoin-qt?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 09, 2013, 01:07:15 PM
Hi I'm using Armory for the first time. I created a wallet on my offline computer. When I open Armory on my online computer, it just sits there saying Offline. How do I turn it online?
Yes I downloaded QT and fully downloaded the blockchain, fully updating it.

Thanks,
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
December 07, 2013, 03:54:17 PM
My request would be to update the fees logic to what's being implemented in Qt/d 0.8.6. It's in release candidate stage right now, but I expect it will be fully released before 0.91.

I didn't realize it was changing again.  What will it be now?

We just updated the logic in 0.90 to use 0.0001 BTC as the base.

It's more subtle than the per-kilobyte when less than 0.01 BTC rate, here's a link to the details: https://gist.github.com/gavinandresen/7670433#086-wallet

Not sure if the relaying change is relevant to Armory, the network will handle that according to majority version of the main client.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
December 07, 2013, 03:41:59 PM
i have had it for 4-5 days and have started it up at least 6 times.  Every time it takes 20 minutes.
Should I re-download?

Are you closing Armory "properly"?  It will rescan every time there's an unclean shutdown, to avoid any SNAFU-problems associated with close-but-not-actually-correct wallet histories.  If you shutdown Armory using "File"->"Quit Armory" or use the (X) in the corner, it should be fine.  If you're rebooting without closing Armory first, or you're killing it through the task manager, you'll be rescanning every time.

In 0.91-beta I'll experiment with removing clean-shutdown criteria.  I know it's annoying, but I determined the risk of people with seemingly-correct histories that aren't actually correct could cause serious problems (invisible coins, lost coins and/or inability to send).

That's probably it.  I close my PC but don't turn it off when I'm in transit.  Sometimes when I open it back up Armory will crash.  Sometimes not.  I bet that's the reason.  Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
December 07, 2013, 03:11:40 PM
My request would be to update the fees logic to what's being implemented in Qt/d 0.8.6. It's in release candidate stage right now, but I expect it will be fully released before 0.91.

I didn't realize it was changing again.  What will it be now?

Here https://gist.github.com/gavinandresen/7670433#086-relaying
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
December 07, 2013, 03:09:22 PM

I didn't realize it was changing again.  What will it be now?

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
December 07, 2013, 03:07:22 PM
legendary
Core Armory Developer
December 07, 2013, 02:39:23 PM
i have had it for 4-5 days and have started it up at least 6 times.  Every time it takes 20 minutes.
Should I re-download?

Are you closing Armory "properly"?  It will rescan every time there's an unclean shutdown, to avoid any SNAFU-problems associated with close-but-not-actually-correct wallet histories.  If you shutdown Armory using "File"->"Quit Armory" or use the (X) in the corner, it should be fine.  If you're rebooting without closing Armory first, or you're killing it through the task manager, you'll be rescanning every time.

In 0.91-beta I'll experiment with removing clean-shutdown criteria.  I know it's annoying, but I determined the risk of people with seemingly-correct histories that aren't actually correct could cause serious problems (invisible coins, lost coins and/or inability to send).

legendary
December 07, 2013, 02:07:10 PM
Should I re-download?
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
December 07, 2013, 02:03:05 PM
So I downloaded the .91 beta.  But it's back to taking forever to start up.  Literally 20 minutes.
Is it suppose to do that.  I thought the last version fixed that.

The first time you run the new version, it has to read the block data from bitcoin's data directory and write its own to the armory data directory. This takes a while, but only has to be done once. Subsequent startups will read the block data from the armory directory much more quickly.
legendary
December 07, 2013, 01:55:01 PM
So I downloaded the .91 beta.  But it's back to taking forever to start up.  Literally 20 minutes.
Is it suppose to do that.  I thought the last version fixed that.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
December 06, 2013, 10:40:43 AM
Hello etotheipi and all Armory users!
We've made a review of Armory wallet: bitcoinsites.org/bitcoinarmory/
legendary
Core Armory Developer
December 06, 2013, 12:32:05 AM
Another small request please.

Can you add the printable special characters to the mouse keyboard for wallet password. A few are there, but most missing. Thanks!

That's one of the little things going into 0.91-beta ... added support for all character encodings/types, except inside wallets (which the wallet format and code was not designed to accommodate).  When I finally finish the new wallet format, then we can can have a fully internationalized app, with no restrictions anywhere.  Then we can also start prepping the app for localization & translations.

It's coming...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
December 05, 2013, 09:15:20 PM
Another small request please.

Can you add the printable special characters to the mouse keyboard for wallet password. A few are there, but most missing. Thanks!
legendary
Core Armory Developer
December 05, 2013, 04:39:09 PM
Small request, or maybe it has already been implemented somehow.  Can Armory users get the option to switch into mBTC please?

Not yet.  But we'll be adding it to 0.91-beta.  That version is mostly bug-fixes, usability upgrades, polishing, etc.  Things like sending to P2SH, unicode fixes, alternate units, will all be implemented then.
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
December 05, 2013, 04:34:22 PM
Small request, or maybe it has already been implemented somehow.  Can Armory users get the option to switch into mBTC please?
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
December 05, 2013, 10:54:21 AM
That went straight over my head (I'm coding-challenged) Smiley.  Anyhow, does this mean that I have to create a new set of paper and digital backups of all my wallets/private keys on the offline machine after upgrading?  It's probably not likely but I just want to be sure.

You don't have to unless you want to use the feature. If you're fine with single sheet paper backups, there's no need to move to M-of-N. The later isn't replacing the former, it's an added feature.

OK.  Got it!  Thanks again.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
December 05, 2013, 10:16:05 AM
That went straight over my head (I'm coding-challenged) Smiley.  Anyhow, does this mean that I have to create a new set of paper and digital backups of all my wallets/private keys on the offline machine after upgrading?  It's probably not likely but I just want to be sure.

You don't have to unless you want to use the feature. If you're fine with single sheet paper backups, there's no need to move to M-of-N. The later isn't replacing the former, it's an added feature.
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
December 05, 2013, 05:42:31 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, goatpig.  I might as well go all the way and upgrade both.  What's an M-of-N feature BTW?  I haven't seen that term/acronym on the website.

One of the new backup feature: constructs a wallet backup made of N fragments, which can be a mix of paper and digital backups. Requires M (M<=N) fragments to recompose the wallet. Currently M spans from 2 to 8 and N from 2 to 12.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1360
Armory Developer
December 05, 2013, 05:21:37 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, goatpig.  I might as well go all the way and upgrade both.  What's an M-of-N feature BTW?  I haven't seen that term/acronym on the website.

One of the new backup feature: constructs a wallet backup made of N fragments, which can be a mix of paper and digital backups. Requires M (M<=N) fragments to recompose the wallet. Currently M spans from 2 to 8 and N from 2 to 12.
Pages:
Jump to: