Pages:
Author

Topic: As a newcomer, what should I know first? - page 4. (Read 1142 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
January 09, 2018, 01:58:21 PM
security is obviously very important.

if web based accounts  are hijacked, currencies transfers are quick and irreversible.

i recently added 2-step password authentication with Google Authenticator on my smartphone, most sites encourage 2-step auth.

a standalone app is more secure than SMS texting, because a cellphone can be hacked or switched away from the owner.

Recommended!!!
Activity: 7
January 09, 2018, 01:41:03 PM
Talking to people who already have a lot of experience with Bitcoin is the best way to learn. Forums are the best sources for answer to your questions.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
December 16, 2017, 06:31:28 AM
For a beginner, I suggest you buy books on Bitcoin, read articles about bitcoin, browse and read the bitcointalk forum, watch youtube videos about bicoin, read bitcoin reddit. Now you should know the minimum about Bicoin, you will have to learn how to secure your wallet and avoid scams. The easiest way to get into Bitcoin is to go to coinbase and buy your bitcoin with VISA and then withdrawn it to your hardware wallet like Nano ledger and forget it.
Activity: 56
December 15, 2017, 10:25:05 PM
I am newcomer too. I don't read book, I hate almost all those article in the website link that some people gave. Why? because those article is just giving crap theory and never touch technically explanation, they just writing a piece of shi* for me as a newcomer. I don't understand at all what they wrote there.
I want to learn the concept, the real way to understand not reading all those weird article and book. To learn the concept, i will ask my self what do i need to know. Most of articles that i get from google are crap, can't understand it. Most of real explanation for me, I get it if I ask someone in direct conversation, direct message, the key is directly. No problem if those writer call me an idiot because for me, their articles are the real idiot articles. If they really understand the concept, they have to write more like technically explanation, the concept behind the theory. Why? Because we can spell theory completely if we understand the concept, but otherwise we can't do anything if we just knowing the theory except just spelling it, we can't do anything practically. So telling the theory will never work out. Sorry for those writer. Most all writer did that. I doubt most of them can do something practically, they can only talk and write just like a bigmouth.
So, beside searching for the answer in this forum, we as newcomer have to find someone to talk directly.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 11
December 13, 2017, 05:33:49 PM
During last 3 days bitcoins grew almost 2 times. What does this fast-growing  mean?
copper member
Activity: 11
December 13, 2017, 05:23:23 PM
It's nice to know the fundamentals of Bitcoin, such as what a block is and block time, and how that relates to transaction fees - also, what mining is.

These are all prevalent issues with Bitcoin and other currencies, and thus affects their price. Also, once you know all this, stuff such as Hard Forks and Soft Forks are easier to understand.
Activity: 7
December 13, 2017, 10:35:57 AM
If you are patient, then reading on multiple threads here is a big help. It has heen mentioned repeatedly by other forumers here. YouTube is your friend as well in catching up your knowledge about bitcoin, it helped me a lot even before joining the forum. From there you'll be fine then. Good luck.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
December 13, 2017, 09:52:52 AM
which you should know first is how to earn income in this forum. in this forum we can get dialtcoin by joining bounty program or airdrop. after you have been able to get the token from this forum you just learn the market to sell the tokens into btc or eth, in my opinion that's the only core to start getting btc or eth
Activity: 161
December 13, 2017, 01:18:32 AM
Well, first of all, welcome on board. As you said you want to learn about this technology and you are interested in it yet you don't want to read the book. In such case, I would recommend you to start with 'Beginners & Help' section and read the topics so that you will be able to learn the basic stuff and you will find the solutions to your most of the questions as a newbie. Spend as much as time in reading the valuable topics, posts and articles to gain a concrete base of knowledge.

One thing I realize with this very helpful answer,  is "if there are things that we can't understand after studying the things that need to know is that will be the right time for us to give answers. Thanks for this buddy.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
December 12, 2017, 02:32:33 PM
Try to read as much as you can and if you want to get to  know how this everything work, just find interesting thread for you and read it, make knowledge and use it in future.
Activity: 12
December 12, 2017, 06:12:16 AM
I actually find this topic more than useful. I got a chance to understand how things work and what should i pay attention to, apart from the price of the price of the Bitcoin  Grin Grin
Activity: 106
December 12, 2017, 06:04:04 AM
I am also a newcomer. As i go through from most of the discussions, i come to know that, we have to read all about forum rules and diffrent discussions. Then you also have to up your rank by taking a part in discussions. The more you discussed the more you learned!!
Activity: 44
December 12, 2017, 05:40:06 AM
Welcome on board! You can start with these articles
Bitcoin for dummies
https://cointelegraph.com/news/can-you-hold-a-crypto-conversation

A simple guide to what bitcoin forks are and why they happen
https://news.bitcoin.com/a-guide-to-what-a-bitcoin-fork-is-and-why-they-happen/

Still don’t know what bitcoin is?
https://kantantechnology.com/still-dont-know-what-bitcoin-is-read-this-b62737f27921

Best of luck!
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
December 12, 2017, 04:34:07 AM
I just contacted the virtual currency, now more confused, I do not know what knowledge is what I most need to understand. What part of the virtual currency is, I think I should start from the most basic, but I do not know how to start.
I hope friends can give me some advice, I have bought some books, but I do not know a lot of knowledge, I think it is not the book I should read, maybe they are too difficult.
If you can give me some advice, I will be very grateful, I hope to see your answer, thank you!

Hi, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it Smiley Imo, get to know some basic definitions of bitcoin, altcoins, blockchain, how to buy and sell, exchangers, how to secure your crypto wallets...which are all free on google or on our forum. If you really like this topic it wont take much time to know all basic ones. Good luck!
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
December 12, 2017, 02:38:50 AM
I just contacted the virtual currency, now more confused, I do not know what knowledge is what I most need to understand. What part of the virtual currency is, I think I should start from the most basic, but I do not know how to start.
I hope friends can give me some advice, I have bought some books, but I do not know a lot of knowledge, I think it is not the book I should read, maybe they are too difficult.
If you can give me some advice, I will be very grateful, I hope to see your answer, thank you!
You know how in the institute one to listen to lectures is another to take part yourself. Therefore, I think you should start with coins, where you can not lose much and simultaneously learn and ask a lot on the forum. Only then you will understand all this.
Activity: 337
Merit: 100
Qravity is a decentralized content production and
December 12, 2017, 01:41:05 AM
For a beginner you need to read and research about bitcoin. It is also helpful to watch youtube videos about trading, mining, and bounty campaigns it is better to have information for a newbie.
Activity: 231
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
December 11, 2017, 11:50:30 PM
Well first of all buy bitcoin and u will learn wallet address and bitcoin purchasing. Then store it in a wallet and store keys to your wallet. This is best to learn bitcoin by this way. Then join twitter and follow poeple famous in crypto. U will find a lot people there and also ceos of all major currencies like litecoin, ethereum and all others. 
Activity: 155
December 11, 2017, 10:40:44 PM
Learn the books you purchased first, then learn about the virtual currency from video on the Internet, or take a look at the tutorials on BBS.If you have friends who know virtual currency, it's better to ask friends if you don't understand them.Of course, you can also participate in the virtual currency discussion group, which will learn more.That's how I got to know the virtual currency.
Activity: 229
Money making legitimately
December 11, 2017, 02:58:02 PM
Well, i think you should know how to buy, how to sell Bitcoin and how to avoid scammers from this forum because the quanlity of sacmmers are increasing day by day.
Do you mean quality or quantity?
Activity: 28
December 11, 2017, 01:53:01 PM
I can start with bitcoin from where, everything is new and difficult for me

You should start by reading a lot...
Start reading this link with some beginner’s useful information: Bitcoin Explained for Dummies.

Very useful link.

Thank you
Pages:
Jump to: