Pages:
Author

Topic: As a successful trader, how do you cut your loss short? - page 4. (Read 10348 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 308
of course I am looking for some potentially good coins, then I divide my investment into some of these coins so as not to suffer a lot of losses if one of the coins goes down.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
You should put a stop-loss and some profit taking levels when you start your trade... For example stop-loss at -5% and profit raking at 5%, 10% and 15%...
If the price go up you should move also the stop-loss up (keeping it -5% of the current price)
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
Hello guys please can we share our view as a successful crypto trader how do you cut your loss short??
I think as a trader, you need to first have very good strategic plan and positions of how you want to trade for you to cut you loss short, you should also know when is appropriate for you to buy and sell and you should also have very good technical analysis skill.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
Hello guys please can we share our view as a successful crypto trader how do you cut your loss short??

some of which must be considered when we want to plunge into the world of commerce is to be really mentally ready, because it takes calm to start trading, remember every action there are risks. Learn the chart and set the tool that suits your trading needs to monitor bitcoin / altcoin travel as a benchmark up or down we see index or exchange, as an investment tool to take profits through purchases on down and selling as you go up, find a reliable exchange innovate develop ways of trading cryptocurrency, for the first step you should also learn how to deposit, withdraw and consider the fee.
Activity: 728
Merit: 263
I don't usually cut my losses if it's less than 15% but for the meantime I don't do it for the sake of effort.

When I'm on loss, I chose not to do anything with it and I prefer just to keep on holding no matter how big the loss is.

My investments on cryptocurrency aren't the only money that I need to survive so I'm letting it sit for awhile and waiting until it recovers well.

as a succesful trader, i dont entere any coin for short. i am long trader and i am holding since dec 2017. i have a loss of 85% my invest in 6 months Sad
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
Sell immediately when it doesn't go as planned..
Activity: 67
You will never predict what and when will happen with the price, what you can do however is to plan your strategy so that you know when to sell, like set yourself some earning goals and alwayskeep on to this. And try to average your buying price by buying the dips.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
I don't usually cut my losses if it's less than 15% but for the meantime I don't do it for the sake of effort.

When I'm on loss, I chose not to do anything with it and I prefer just to keep on holding no matter how big the loss is.

My investments on cryptocurrency aren't the only money that I need to survive so I'm letting it sit for awhile and waiting until it recovers well.

Remember that the thing that makes crypto attractive is the thing that might hurt it the most: lack of a central authority that can be trusted, like a bank.
But, keep your chin up: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and learn from this experience to come out a stronger, more diligent investor.
For instance, investing with solid technologies and team and being skeptic of *every* claim that projects make.
The positive thing is that there are so many good and promising projects out there. If you are willing to weather the storms then placing your trust in a solid product like Gifts, Rentberry, and even the upcoming Eterbase you will sleep easy and have financed a great product with growth potential.
Activity: 97
i can not be considered as a successfull trader but i know a few thing that you need to do to cut your losses.
first you must have your own strategy,and put your position.
after you put your position,do not forget to use stop-loss order.
why ? because it's a tool to help you minimize the loss,insert your target into your stop-loss order and wait for it.
if the price goes down to below your level,the order will be executed.
Disagree with using stop loss order. Too many times my stop loss has been hit and then rebounds and as an adjustment I stopped doing that. Now I manually view the markets and don't carry more than 20 coins. If you have more coins than this perhaps you should use stop loss because it will be tough to keep track. If you have less than 20 coins, I feel like you can track them manually everyday and see which ones need cutting.

your stop loss is to tight. spread it out maybe 10-20% below
Activity: 294
The main thing when trading in the crypto-currency market is take profit and stop loss. I think that this is the most important thing to limit your losses in trading.
Yes you are really right with that but ofcourse it depends on your plan you could go with 8% or 10% stop loss just to make sure you can minimize the risk. For me those stop loss are really tight. Goodluck everyone.
Activity: 107
Merit: 1
The first rule of a trader (who has learned at least something) is to divide his financial portfolio. In this case, only part is lost, but not all. And not greedy.
Activity: 74
Don't overtrade, don't trade on margin. The latter is gambling because, despite the claims of some people, those extreme moves up and down are almost unpredictable, and on margin, you're likely facing drastic consequences.

That's only true for people who do not know how to properly margin trade thro. If they can't cover their positions in the event of black swan events, then they shouldn't be trading at all!
Activity: 206
Merit: 11
As for me I normally exist the market when the market is making some profit and I normally enters the market when the market is dipping, this will allow me to get some good tokens at a cheaper rate, and I will wait for the next increase, i am more like a short term trader.
Activity: 145
First of all, to reduce your losses, you should always use "take profit" and "stop loss". Secondly, never give in to emotions that can lead to bad results.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
Everything depends on the coin and the situation on the market. With different market conditions and different coins, the actions will be different. So, for example, if you have an ether, which you bought for $ 1000, and now it costs $ 500, you can proceed as follows:
1. Do nothing. The coin is excellent and later it will grow in price.
2. If there was a need to sell it, say $ 600, then, as soon as the price falls below this mark, you need to buy ether several parts. Let's admit on 550, 500, 450, 400 $ and so on. The largest purchase should be at the lowest possible level. And in order to make it easier to predict the price, you need to know the technical analysis and be aware of the main news in the world of crypto currencies. And when the price grows, then sell at the mark you need. This option is risky, but there are situations when it is possible in this way to reduce losses. In general, I use this option for profit, but sometimes they can be used for other purposes.
3. If the loss has taken place, then it can be minimized by selling other coins that are now profitable.
Activity: 562
Merit: 101

a good trader will predict the market Thoroughly, this mean all possibilities that will happend with the markets,,
so, when the price is going down, a good traders already know when they must cut their loss,,
you can add an indicators or use fibonacci to predict the market if you didn't know yet, just learn more about that all,,
so, you will have a view for all possibilities
Activity: 56
It is important to remain calm and not give in to emotions in the case of a losing trade. It is necessary to fix the result. a failed transaction, analyze the reasons that led to such a result. And in the future, such mistakes are not allowed. It is best to stick to your strategy, comply with money management, and enter the market on time. in no case should you try to recoup the moment .
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Market Integration Platform

Do not panic sell, hold, price will go up sooner or later. Do not buy all time high. Choose good projects, coins. And you will not need to cut losses. If price goes lower than your predicts, then you can buy same amount at bottom, to reduce loss.
Activity: 308

If I see that the price of a coin which I am holding is dropping, I don't panic and just wait. And also, if you want to stay relaxed, you should always trade with the amounts which can not give you a big loss.
Activity: 127
The main thing when trading in the crypto-currency market is take profit and stop loss. I think that this is the most important thing to limit your losses in trading.
Pages:
Jump to: