Pages:
Author

Topic: As a successful trader, how do you cut your loss short? - page 5. (Read 10348 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 11
minimizing the losses is the first step towards the success of a successful trader they should sell high and buy low they should execute this step with at most control of emotions
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I guess when you mention successful trader , I should have moved on, but I lurk in here just to see what others are sharing. Personally, I am far from successful trader, I get a good coin and then get a horrible coin which makes me lose my portfolio hard. So I am just doing pretty bad.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
When in a losing position, we will often rationalize that we still haven’t taken the loss as long as we haven’t sold while hoping the stock will come back. So very important to cut your losses while they’re still small because more difficult to recoup your money after a loss. Well given the fact that even the best of the best traders usually have a long-term win and loss ratio of 50:50.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
I don't usually cut my losses if it's less than 15% but for the meantime I don't do it for the sake of effort.

When I'm on loss, I chose not to do anything with it and I prefer just to keep on holding no matter how big the loss is.

My investments on cryptocurrency aren't the only money that I need to survive so I'm letting it sit for awhile and waiting until it recovers well.
Activity: 157
Merit: 1
To reduce their losses when trading crypto currency, you can only in two ways.
1) Actively use stop loss and take profit.
2) Never deviate from your own trading strategy.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
though there are strategies out there, What really works for me is the basics. Buy low and Sell high. Plus set your stop loss. It will always be wise to buy at a low value and set a specific amount where you exit, Best apply when taking your profit and when the market falls. but before it all read news and forecast about the currency your investing on.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
Hello guys please can we share our view as a successful crypto trader how do you cut your loss short??
I am not yet a successful trader but I aim to be one. One thing I do so that I can prevent further losses is to have a trading plan always. I cut my loss when  it reach 10%. I don't want to wait for long and I saw some coins dip as much as 90% so to avoid further losses, I would just cut it when it reach that price. I have a risk reward ratio so even if I cut my losses, I would just wait for it to settle in a possible support and go in range and then find a good entry price. I know that others may advise not to sell because it is just unrealized loss but I don't intend to wait that long. I am not just a long term hodler.
Nice input mate, Thanks for sharing. I will try to follow your strategy as I'm also learning how to do day trading but I'm afraid to take a risk as losses will always there considering the market situation and I hope that I can master this and gain profits soon.
Merit: 100
I think almost traders often cut their loss after price dumping about 10%. For me, I'll not cut the loss if I'm holding a good cryptocurrency, I'll try to become a holder as long as possible till price of these cryptocurrencies rise back to price that I want to Grin. But seem like I'll have to hold till the end of this year at least Grin
Activity: 117
My approach is to continue to lose money. Then look for other investments. If both sides lose money, they can only wait. Or you can invest in other.
Activity: 92
"OPEN GAMING PLATFORM"
Well, in my opinion how to cut our loss is wait again till the price going up eventhough need more times, it is better than daily short term. But that also depend on market situation. Longterm is the wise way to minimize the risk and loss. If you don't want to have loss, then don't trade in cryptocurrency, because loss is part of trading.
Merit: 101
I do a very little number of trades, only alts>eth/alts>btc etc. I can't say about losses in trading, but sometimes I feed upset that I sold something cheaper than I could or sold just a part of my tokens(instead of all) by a good price.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Hello guys please can we share our view as a successful crypto trader how do you cut your loss short??
I'm not too much of a trader but whenever you make a trade you need to have two numbers in your head, the price at which you are willing to take your profits and the price at which you will take your losses, set your trade and then forget about it for sometime, if you got your prediction right and the price went up you could readjust those numbers based on what you see on the market, but if you were wrong then sell immediately once it reaches the price at which you were going to sell.
Activity: 140
SPOKKZ
I have been here not so long ago, but I have already learned some rules that will facilitate successful trade. In order to reduce your losses, you need to clearly follow your investment strategy and not panic. Just be careful not to make hasty decisions!
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
Dear traders, try a unique product that represents https://www.tradelize.com/.
I am sure that your life will become much simpler and richer.
Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading
An ecosystem where ProTraders gain a unique trading toolset and investors to achieve investment results equal to those of the best ProTraders
https://www.tradelize.com/
Activity: 895
Merit: 250
For me to cut my loss, what I do is to buy when the market is very low and then hold on a long term at least a year or two. Though the market price will fall at some point but I know it will definitely rise and by the time I decide to sell, it would have multiplied and then I will be able to sell at a price higher than the initial and then make profit.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
actual losses can not be avoided, all traders must make a mistake with tipping losses. but it can be minimized by doing trade more thoroughly and not easily hooked by some wind news in circulation.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
I am not an expert in trade or such. However many cryptos I have for investment. in anticipation of losses then I always hold the crypto in a long time in order to avoid fluctuations. up to this point with the system then I am satisfied with the achievements that I got. for beginners might not withstand a great option because of course want to get results quickly.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107

In order to be successful at anything not just crypto, you have to have a discipline and follow the market rather than going against it as some people do. Always use stop loss function when trading short term that is the best way to make sure you don't lose too much of what you have. Follow the market not your personal reaction to it. Look at yourself as the mirror and market is the person who is looking at the mirror. Reflect what it does.
Monitoring is the key you should always monitor what ever the price movement because you can make decisions what coins you should cut to avoid too much losses. Discipline of your self in decision making not too much aggressive, and not be carried by emotions be vigilant and resourceful.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

In order to be successful at anything not just crypto, you have to have a discipline and follow the market rather than going against it as some people do. Always use stop loss function when trading short term that is the best way to make sure you don't lose too much of what you have. Follow the market not your personal reaction to it. Look at yourself as the mirror and market is the person who is looking at the mirror. Reflect what it does.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
If you are a trader you want to cut short holes, then you should invest in different areas and spread them out, while the condition you apply short-term strategy and the contrary depending on tactics. so you will make cut your loss short
I do trade in different area. I won’t wait for the lowest point to buy, I always buy several times at different price. Then sell them at different price.
Without analyzing the previous statistics and performance of an asset, it is impossible to understand its future by just looking at the present. This is what is not only significant for traders but holders too. Traders are supposed to be more active than simple investors as they must have a good idea of fluctuations. This will help them in making right decision at right time. They understand market in a much deep way.
Pages:
Jump to: