Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICBOOST Aftermath: What Now Must Be Done? - page 2. (Read 3800 times)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250
such a belligerent newb  Grin fookball is it you?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
We need to activate UASF as soon as possible as an counter measure for Jihan centralized blockchain that will only benefit him.
Wake up the truth has been revealed !

Now this is just hilarious, you idiots were just proven wrong again by facts, and you just go ahead and repeat the same bullshit anyway? Did you even feel shame when you click the 'Post' button?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
We need to activate UASF as soon as possible as an counter measure for Jihan centralized blockchain that will only benefit him.
Wake up the truth has been revealed !
Activity: 42
Note that BitMain also whines about an army of paid trolls. Let's see.... their twitter feed shows everyone criticizing them, and every poll and survey shows them in a huge minority in terms of human beings (not hashrate). Yet the forums are filled with a handful of overactive zealots fighting tooth and nail on behalf of BU. Yet we're expected to believe that it is Core that has the troll army and not BU?

Read the news before you troll you stupid lazy fuck, leading LN dev just public stated what everyone knew all along: Core runs PR and trolling campaigns:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-core-runs-trolling-campaigns-says-lightning-network-developer/
Bitcoin Core Runs “Trolling Campaigns”, Says Lightning Network Developer

Joseph Poon, Lightning Network developer, has publicly stated today that Bitcoin Core has “a secret channel where they organize their PR and trolling campaigns.” He further stated that “many people have talked about it (more than 5 people) and it’s alluded to it in various places which are publicly accessible since it’s basically where a lot of decisions around PR happens.”

Speculations regarding organized trollings by Blockstream specifically have been made for quite some time, especially after Alex Bergeron, better known on reddit as brg444, who constantly argued in favor of Blockstream in a somewhat trolling manner, was actually hired by Blockstream.

However, it is the first time someone prominent and well-known has publicly stated Bitcoin Core is running trolling campaigns in secret channels which may explain some of the toxicity coming out of some parts of bitcoin’s community.

According to your dumb fuck logic, LN dev must also be fighting on behalf for BU too then?

This kind if idiocracy is what I am talking about, there is a limit on how stupid you can be when you work as a shill for someone, when your logic degrade to this level the script just doesn't work anymore, why the fuck do you idiots even repeat them? It isn't working, does your PR handler even read what you're posting?

You know Blockstream is fucked when even the LN dev go against them in public, if I were you I'd start looking for a new PR job, at this rate Blockstream won't last long.

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
ebeliever

im actually a fan of
diverse open decentralised peer network of multiple brands using consensus..
i just hate blockstream as they are the opposite of all that.

this is why each year blocstreamists try to pigeon hole me into whatever group is their enemy at the time..
but fail to realise the actual issue at hand

you can pretend this year im a BU groupy and next year you can pretend im something else all you like, but all or doing is sticking your head in the sand to the real issue.

P.S
blockstream wont last long.
$70m in debt and already their 'founders' are planning their exit strategy.
matt corolla got away first. now with chaincode labs

hint, if he was a founder of a $70m business. why leave.
hint, its $70m debt that needs returns, not profit... and times running out for them..

so think long and hard about what you are protecting..
start protecting bitcoin and its diverse open decentralised peer network of multiple brands using consensus..

not the blockstreamist group that is temporary because soon enough you wont have them to snuggle up with
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
Leopard2, I wouldn't trust anything BU is saying right now, nor for them to follow through on any promises given their track record.

More fun reading:

https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/850050651614715904

Asicboost is like Ice-9 for Bitcoin

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ice-Nine

I do not care if they are honest or not, good or bad, I do not wish that anyone possesses the power to destroy Bitcoin.

If we go for BU now, there is no turning back, that is a final decision, it is like handing a chip of Ice-9 to Bitmain...

Thanks but no thanks  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
I can spot the paid trolls so easily.
I've been here way to long....
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

At the moment I am open to anything that is incompatible with Asicboost

How about extension blocks?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
Leopard2, I wouldn't trust anything BU is saying right now, nor for them to follow through on any promises given their track record.

More fun reading:

https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/850050651614715904

This is Bitmain's response to what they call a "smear campaign" (as the black pot would call it). But as you can see what the Twitter responses, no one is buying it.

Note that BitMain also whines about an army of paid trolls. Let's see.... their twitter feed shows everyone criticizing them, and every poll and survey shows them in a huge minority in terms of human beings (not hashrate). Yet the forums are filled with a handful of overactive zealots fighting tooth and nail on behalf of BU. Yet we're expected to believe that it is Core that has the troll army and not BU?

If that's the case, where are the economic majority that keeps voting via the BTC price (which spikes every time BU screws up), shows up on twitter and in surveys and every other medium the trolls can't dominate? Bitmain just can't help constantly projecting their own faults (https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/63qaps/a_list_of_all_the_bu_supporter_concocted/)
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
ASICBOOST is evil, it will result in a 100% China controlled Bitcoin once activated.

There is no more choice between BU and Segwit now, Segwit is ASICBOOST killer

So to answer OPs question: go for Segwit, unless BU is also fixing the ASICBOOST exploit Grin

If the asshats know as BTC core had just done a hard fork , the decision would have already been made.
Instead they pick  the stupid soft fork option, which after all of these months is just wasting everyone's time.
Soft Fork = Stupid waste of time

So here is the Challenge to G.Maxwell & Core,

Release a Hard Fork of whatever Segwit Crap you are pushing to give the Banking Cartels control.
And lets really get this party started.

Enough of this bullshit banter between people speaking the truth and your lying ass shills.

Release a Segwit Hard Fork and let's take this Battle to the Next Level.

Cool
legendary
ASICBOOST is evil, it will result in a 100% China controlled Bitcoin once activated.

So to answer OPs question: go for Segwit, unless BU is also fixing the ASICBOOST exploit Grin

Just curious, are you open to other scaling proposals than Core's roadmap, or that's the only one you support?

At the moment I am open to anything that is incompatible with Asicboost

I was not smart enough to tell whether BU or Segwit was the better option, but I am also not dumb enough to fail to realize what Asicboost can do.  Wink
legendary
im much more informed and actually able to add content to a topic
your just mad that i am frank about how i say it..

yep im the biggest noob, troll and ***rolling-drums*** the ultimate paid shill at Bitcointalk!

noob, lol i have been here longer then you and know more about bitcoin than you. yep i have seen your post history and had a chuckle
Activity: 59

yep im frank, the biggest noob, troll and ***rolling-drums*** the ultimate paid shill at Bitcointalk!

legendary

Just curious, are you open to other scaling proposals than Core's roadmap, or that's the only one you support?
legendary

legendary
Everyone knows what you are  Franky

yep im frank

legendary
Activity: 883
Merit: 1005
Everyone knows what you are  Franky
legendary
Bitcoin has just been diagnosed with ass cancer we need to be ready to take cemo.

hardware efficiency has been around for 2 years+
segwit for 6 months

and one month ago Gmaxwell realises that going soft has setbacks that can only be remedied by giving in and finally doing a node consensus upgrade (allowing an opportunity to add features properly)
OR
pretend the hardware manufacturers went back in time and created segwit cancer.. before segwit was part of bitcoin, before segwit was even planned to go soft.
and then decide to not do a node consensus to add features properly and that would include dynamics... but do a node consensus to mandatorily add soft segwit with its glitches and a pool asic nuke..

it just makes no sense!!

but i am laughing at gmaxwells illogic to try playing the victim card rather than man up and do something the whole community would finally want
legendary
Activity: 883
Merit: 1005
Bitcoin has just been diagnosed with ass cancer we need to be ready to take cemo.
legendary

Let's look at your bullshit 'summary' again:

Summary of the situation: Bitmain has been producing and mining with ASICs using an exploit that gives them a dramatic advantage over competing miners. This exploit is incompatible with Segwit, so Bitcoin Unlimited was created to gin up the appearance of public opposition to Core and place monopoly control over bitcoin mining and the protocol in the hands of Bitmain and associates.

Tell me genius, if the ASICBoost is incompatible to both SegWit and Ext Block, and Bitmain supported SegWit and now support Ext Block, then how the fuck could you possibly jump to that idiotic conclusion base on 'This exploit is incompatible with Segwit'?

How the fuck does your mind even work?

ebeliever right now:

Pages:
Jump to: