Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICs are Over priced - page 5. (Read 4982 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
June 01, 2013, 02:27:57 PM
What are you shitting. An erupter blade is 13 GH for 50btc delivered globally within 3 days. ROI is 120-180 days depending on when you bought.

True but not all of us have $7000-$9000 laying around to be invested in a bleeding edge might be technology.
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
June 01, 2013, 02:24:47 PM
ASICminer is one of the few who delivered something that actually is in stock (not a Pr-order) and works right away out of the box, but I think that these ASICs in general are way over priced, regardless how much money you will make the first month (on This deff.factor, and BTC price), because when I invest my money I look at the long-term aspect.

A blockErupter @ 10 GH/s for 60+ BTC is really over priced this is ~ 7500 $ , my suggestion is a max of 20 BTC .
The USB miner @ 300MH/s for 2.5 BTC as well is really over priced ~ 315 $, my suggestion is a max of 0.8 BTC  .

Avalon had 3 batches with total a of 1500 Unit, allowing customers to buy a max of 3 units for each customer, but I know people who ordered 3 units on all 3 batches, so do the math and I am sorry to tell you, you cant join the AVALON club

BFL, well what can I say about BFL, if they just really had something to deliver on time , they really have a reasonable price.  

why I stopped caring about ASICs and mining BTC in general is for this exact reason, as a small miner and a father of 4 kids, there is no way that I can afford to buy these ASICs, I know that these chips are the future of BTC mining and it is really a good thing for the network security, but the fact that there is a VIP club or let me put it in other words, a club of people with a bag of money investing in these ASICs, which means that few people controlling a big part of the network, just because these prices doesn't allow all of us to participate and get the chance to be a part of it.

these company’s are making a huge profit out of you guys. the first batch of blockErupter went for around 19xx BTC this is more than 240,000 $ for 50 blocks( 500 GH/s)

Just think about it

100% agree, and am in a similar situation as you, twins rather than 4 kids but still all the same.

Bottom line is neither of us have the resources to buy now (most of my funds are tied up in stocks etc) so we will have to just wait it out till prices become reasonable for people like us to get in the game.

What you can do right now though is invest in some of the asic miner's that have dividends. I can personally vouch for the TAT.ASICMINER shares, bought 10 about 2-3 weeks ago, sold them for a profit, thinking I was going to be able to get one of the USB miners for .5BTC but alas they came out at 1.99, too expensive for the ROI and Hash Rate.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
June 01, 2013, 02:24:41 PM
What are you shitting. An erupter blade is 13 GH for 50btc delivered globally within 3 days. ROI is 120-180 days depending on when you bought.
Activity: 305
June 01, 2013, 02:22:50 PM
A few disorganized thoughts regarding this...

- A few people who bought in the first batch were buying for novelty more than looking for a ROI.
- Increasing distribution of the network hashing increases the overall security of the network... increasing the value of bitcoin. If you have a large stake in bitcoin, even a 2% increase in it's value could cause your initial investment to pay itself off.
- Increasing the distribution of the network also helps prevent bitcoin from being "compromised" (I won't go into this - 51% attacks, blah blah blah), helping it from crashing and burning - helping prevent a 100% crash in price.

My 2¢.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
June 01, 2013, 02:15:34 PM
ASICminer is one of the few who delivered something that actually is in stock (not a Pr-order) and works right away out of the box, but I think that these ASICs in general are way over priced, regardless how much money you will make the first month (on This deff.factor, and BTC price), because when I invest my money I look at the long-term aspect.

A blockErupter @ 10 GH/s for 60+ BTC is really over priced this is ~ 7500 $ , my suggestion is a max of 20 BTC .
The USB miner @ 300MH/s for 2.5 BTC as well is really over priced ~ 315 $, my suggestion is a max of 0.8 BTC  .

Avalon had 3 batches with total a of 1500 Unit, allowing customers to buy a max of 3 units for each customer, but I know people who ordered 3 units on all 3 batches, so do the math and I am sorry to tell you, you cant join the AVALON club

BFL, well what can I say about BFL, if they just really had something to deliver on time , they really have a reasonable price.   

why I stopped caring about ASICs and mining BTC in general is for this exact reason, as a small miner and a father of 4 kids, there is no way that I can afford to buy these ASICs, I know that these chips are the future of BTC mining and it is really a good thing for the network security, but the fact that there is a VIP club or let me put it in other words, a club of people with a bag of money investing in these ASICs, which means that few people controlling a big part of the network, just because these prices doesn't allow all of us to participate and get the chance to be a part of it.

these company’s are making a huge profit out of you guys. the first batch of blockErupter went for around 19xx BTC this is more than 240,000 $ for 50 blocks( 500 GH/s)

Just think about it

ASICMiner and Avalon are choosing to charge whatever the market will bear. BFL is not able to deliver in enough volume to affect the price of mining equipment.
KS
Activity: 448
June 01, 2013, 02:04:18 PM
@mmitech:
You're absolutely right.

The current ASIC prices are based on what you would earn right now with one of them. Prices will come down as the revenues decrease.

The best strategy for you is to keep on mining until your equipment is not costing you money, then upgrade to whatever will be available within your budget in, say, 6-8 months (wait out the ASIC gold rush).

When everyone and their ponies will have ASICs, prices will be democratic again. There will be pro miners with big mining farms too, but that's no different from now.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
June 01, 2013, 01:55:44 PM

The USB miner @ 300MH/s for 2.5 BTC as well is really over priced ~ 315 $, my suggestion is a max of 0.8 BTC  .

Just think about it
Pages:
Jump to: