Pages:
Author

Topic: Ask Any Crypto-Based Question - page 4. (Read 1121 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
August 20, 2018, 04:28:13 PM
from the number of bounties on bitcointalk this is an ETH token, in your opinion for the future, will there be a new trend with tokens that will match ETH tokens?

Back in 2014-2015, there was a trend to fork Bitcoin and create a coin pertaining to meme's and etc. This was a big thing, and this is when coins like DogeCoin, EarthCoin and every imaginable Xcoin appeared on Bitcointalk. From BBQCoin, FoodCoin, WaterCoin, Titscoin and etc. This was the trend!

Now, 3-4 years later, we are in the period of ERC-20 tokens, very similar to those coins back then. Now tokens, are getting more serious and are trying to capture industries and rework them entirely. These are basically the majority, a token that functions in a larger system.

Could something else come and replace ERC-20 token standard? Probably, but it's hard to realize and understand what this can be at this moment. Personally, i suspect that ERC-20 token is a very basic concept and more advanced blockchain years down the line will make ERC-20 tokens look like the forks in 2014-2015. When it does happen, it will revolutionize crypto's, just how Ethereum did. Basically, the next big blockchain that revolutionizes the current ERC-20 token trend, will be a top 3-5 crypto. Some new blockchains have serious potential in regards to this, but there isn't anything revolutionary (easy to use essentially) to overthrow ERC-20 yet. ERC20 will be around forever, just like all Bitcoin POW coins, and Peercoin's POS coins.

All technology is an advancement and a step up from another. The next major milestones, i think, will eventually be done by large fortune 500 companies like Intel and etc. The most talented developers in Crypto will get recruited by these companies.  

On a side note: Qora was the first crypto that attempted smart-contracts (one could say NXT though). Qora was the ethereum before ethereum imo, sadly it never took off because of development and technical problems.

Original Ann: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qora-released-16-may-100-pos-new-source-522102
NEW Ann: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/qora-pos-assets-names-polls-automated-transactions-social-network-1358722

My weakest understanding is with technical aspects of blockchain and how they are fundamentally designed. I can't go into details, perhaps someone will comment on my remarks here that knows a bit more about what's occurring with the more advanced blockchains.
Activity: 518
Merit: 105
August 20, 2018, 02:55:10 PM
Which coin / token in your crypto portfolio you hold the longest because you think that the price does not match the prospects of the project. Tell us how you heard about bitcoin and how you bought it (p2p or stock exchange).
You have created a very interesting topic and I will look after the questions. I hope people will not ask the same questions and will read the topic from the very beginning!
Activity: 826
Merit: 303
August 20, 2018, 02:37:27 PM
from the number of bounties on bitcointalk this is an ETH token, in your opinion for the future, will there be a new trend with tokens that will match ETH tokens?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
August 20, 2018, 02:28:44 PM
Ask a Crypto Question

I've been active within crypto for over 5 years now, and since the recent Bitcoin spike, there's been a lot of questions from newer community members in this alt-discussion forum. I've experienced and been in many of the situations you have, along with many of the other veterans of the crypto-world, that linger here. It's ultimately my passion to share what i know, and assisting others with wisdom and insight into all things related to crypto.

I invite you and anyone to ask any question pertaining to cryptocurrency and blockchain.
The only types of questions i will not answer, are those specific to a crypto, questions like "What do you think about Ethereum?" "What coin are you investing in?" ... etc.

This thread is open for anyone to ask questions, and anyone should feel free to answer them. The thread will be modded in-case of spam (from Google) and inconsistent discussions not pertaining to the topic.

This thread should not be used for investment/trading decisions or be declared as financial advice. Always DYOR and always invest/trade carefully.
Pages:
Jump to: