Pages:
Author

Topic: [ASK] Why do people buy altcoin? - page 4. (Read 5875 times)

LBX
Activity: 1025
Merit: 534
A
May 14, 2017, 07:29:56 PM
1) Pump and dumps
2) quick trading when the Bitcoin price is stable or falling or
3) They really believe that the project is good and has a future.

1 works well for the whales.
2 works well when the prices are volatile/rising
3 is näive!

Great !
Your answer is excellent Wink
Activity: 862
Merit: 284
May 14, 2017, 11:20:29 AM
I was one of those people who bought altcoins
Just because altcoin is cheaper than bitcoin so i can buy many altcoin.
Besides that altcoins are plenty. So we can pick which altcoins we will buy.
And we will get profit if we trading altcoin because altcoin can grow up faster than bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
May 12, 2017, 05:53:46 AM
Because it is full of risks and may bring great rewards.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358
May 12, 2017, 03:44:30 AM
I am pretty sure that people buy altcoins for quick profit.
There are only small margin of coins that people trust.
copper member
Activity: 728
May 12, 2017, 03:42:59 AM
people buy altcoins to make more profit &  hold bitcoin it simple but I bought altcoin to trade nothing else.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
May 12, 2017, 02:21:14 AM
It is very simple, the dominance of BTC is decreasing and people want to be part of the next best thing, a lot of Altcoins in the first four months of this year have done 10X already and we still have 8 months to go.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
May 11, 2017, 12:50:57 PM
People buy altcoins in the hope that they rise in value to gain a high profit.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
May 11, 2017, 09:55:16 AM
to make more BTC
Activity: 157
May 11, 2017, 08:17:08 AM
There are a lot of altcoins and I am really curious why people buy them. Is there any worth of altcoin? Why not using only bitcoin? What's the future of altcoins?
the main reason is to have more profit in trading . there are more new cryptos that have a potential and you can earn morethan x10 or much more than trading btc to usd.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 567
May 11, 2017, 05:48:31 AM
There are a lot of altcoins and I am really curious why people buy them. Is there any worth of altcoin? Why not using only bitcoin? What's the future of altcoins?

People wants to have and experience what those early bitcoin investors had and experience,being one of the early adopter to a coin that is bound to be huge in the future is profitable and fulfilling and people here are looking for the next big thing.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 11, 2017, 05:18:36 AM
Just diversification and real case use of some altcoins. For examplia Sia, Edgeless, Golem and many more. The list is really huge. Investment is also an option as some alts made huge jumps in price.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
May 11, 2017, 05:09:55 AM
People buy Altcoins because they want to have an investment in other coins. Also some users expecting that Altcoins were like bitcoin that become high value in the future.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
May 11, 2017, 04:46:36 AM
While some people might fail to a dmit it, the fundamental truth is that the reason why we buy altcoins or invest in it as the case maybe is just to make more money if not that, is there anybody who will purchase an alt at a particular price and wish it continues falling without remedy you jump the ship as fast as possible by counting your losses. Nothing else will matter at that point whether in the future or in the past.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
May 10, 2017, 10:57:14 PM
It is simple, it is through Altcoin you can easily multiple your money, for BTC to do X2 from the present price is bid deal, but very easy to see Altcoin do 2X, 3X in a matter of weeks

This is a big part of my reasoning also.

I hold and trade BTC, but I also hold and trade some of the better known at coins that seem to be doing well.
Like Ethereum, Dash, etc.

Then I look at new coin offerings on the main exchanges, that is where the biggest growth potential is.
Like one I just saw earlier today on C-Cex called Unity ingot UNY, I will probably buy some of it and a couple more before the eblnd of the week.
I watch them and if they are growing I buy some more.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 10, 2017, 05:13:41 PM

That's why there is trading and in crypto currency it's like a foreign exchange and made it even possible. But that's the only decision that you need to do, choose the best alt coins and wait for the right time to makes it value higher. There are people that are not only depending with bitcoin because they wanted to try something new and alt coins are the alternative for it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
May 10, 2017, 04:41:39 PM
It is simple, it is through Altcoin you can easily multiple your money, for BTC to do X2 from the present price is bid deal, but very easy to see Altcoin do 2X, 3X in a matter of weeks

This is probably the best reason why people invest in alt-coins.

Also, there's quite a lot of them and you can always invest into a new alt-coin for a very,very cheap price and hope that the price will jump for a lot. It's just a best for trading, since it's more likely for a price to jump from 0.50c to 3$ then from 500$ to 1300$ quickly and in a short time.
Activity: 235
May 10, 2017, 01:40:10 PM
People buy altcoin with the fundamental reason to make profit sometimes it could be because one like the idea. but at the button lies the intention to catch the next biggest innovation. most would buy to sell later on, but some others would hold with the intention that the price will go up. but not all altcoin are successful or would be successful.
Activity: 371
May 10, 2017, 12:52:13 PM
People, including me myself, would like to benefit from the current pumps which are taking place in altcoins so that they can earn Money from speculative market price fluctuations.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
May 10, 2017, 12:47:13 PM
Actually you can easily multiply your bitcoin with just buying or trading altcoins in a trading site you can buy altcoins and then you can hold them for a long time until the altcoins price go high and then sell them. It is really worth now days when yoi buy altcoin unlike bitcoin that already have a sky rocket price in the market. ⌚
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
May 10, 2017, 12:29:06 PM
Because altcoins might be a good investment too, some of them are rising in price very steeply, but as well as dropping, so you have to be careful with that. Another advantage over bitcoins is that there are more useful ways for storing some of alts, and, of course, less transaction fees, which is particularly true for now.
Pages:
Jump to: