Pages:
Author

Topic: ASrock H110 Pro BTC+ 13 GPU Board - page 11. (Read 54645 times)

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
November 22, 2017, 11:19:43 AM
Onboard VGA

Has anyone had any success with the onboard graphics? I am using Win 10 and want to use the built in graphics but am having no luck with it. I have a DVI to 15 pin VGA adapter and have set the BIOS to use ONBOARD as the Primary Graphics Adapter. I have also set IGPU Multi-Monitor to ENABLED which should keep the onboard graphics going when GPU's are plugged in, but all I get is a black screen.
I want to put a row of fans across the front of the cards to help with cooling and they will cover the GPU's ends so cant have a cable sticking out. Anything else I should try?

Yes. I'm using one of my workers with iGPU enabled and DVI monitor connected.
Works well. And there's the benefit of reducing the strain on the card. so it can consume less, produce more hash and be more stable.  
I have HDMI plugs, and this board has only DVI - that's a  pity
Activity: 275
Merit: 11
November 18, 2017, 08:15:00 AM
I had a strange story, hopefully it can help to others.

I was struggling to put 8 cards in the mobo. All cards was recognized, however rig was unstable. The 5th card was hanging a lot and freeze the system.

I changed the card from another rig (which worked perfect) and the same thing happened. After i inspected the riser i noticed, that 3 legged transistor(?) was superhot. I mean way to hot.

Than i changed the riser (for a tested good one) ... guess what: it become hot as well.

Than i find the solution:

I was using two power supplies, and all of the pci-e part of the risers are touch each other in this mobo.( which is usually not a problem, because just earths are touching)

However somehow problem caused that two power supply has two different earths which is somehow made same problem with riser. After i put a plastic between risers, rig just work fine, without any heat of the transistor
Hi the best solution for this is a using of shringsleeve over the usb. You just need to do a little modification to sleeve and then you are ready to do it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 18, 2017, 05:04:16 AM
My 13 card rig has been running great for 5 weeks, last night it dropped to 11 cards, SMOS sees them at boot but claymore doesn't somehow I think.

I get this after OC is applied
AMD Cards available: 13|

Then a moment later when claymore loads I get this

GPU #0: algorithm ASM
GPU #1: algorithm ASM
GPU #2: algorithm ASM
GPU #3: algorithm ASM
GPU #4: algorithm ASM
GPU #5: algorithm ASM
GPU #6: algorithm ASM
GPU #7: algorithm ASM
GPU #8: algorithm ASM
GPU #9: algorithm ASM
GPU #10: algorithm ASM
Total cards: 11

Then it sets off mining on 11 at full speed, 13 cards show in the SMOS GUI.
Any ideas on this?
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
November 18, 2017, 12:38:40 AM
Hi

Whats the max number of 1070s can i connect to this board under windows 10?
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
November 09, 2017, 03:49:14 PM
I had a strange story, hopefully it can help to others.

I was struggling to put 8 cards in the mobo. All cards was recognized, however rig was unstable. The 5th card was hanging a lot and freeze the system.

I changed the card from another rig (which worked perfect) and the same thing happened. After i inspected the riser i noticed, that 3 legged transistor(?) was superhot. I mean way to hot.

Than i changed the riser (for a tested good one) ... guess what: it become hot as well.

Than i find the solution:

I was using two power supplies, and all of the pci-e part of the risers are touch each other in this mobo.( which is usually not a problem, because just earths are touching)

However somehow problem caused that two power supply has two different earths which is somehow made same problem with riser. After i put a plastic between risers, rig just work fine, without any heat of the transistor
Activity: 182
November 08, 2017, 10:53:08 PM
maybe use power 2x1000W Cheesy
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
November 08, 2017, 09:16:17 PM
Is it possible now to run 8 x AMD RX570s on Windows 10 on this motherboard?
Activity: 66
November 07, 2017, 07:12:17 AM
Anyone know the order in which GPUs are numbered as plugged in this motherboard? I am using Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 / nvOC).

--
Tigel

Activity: 1
November 06, 2017, 12:54:02 PM
I like this motherboard  Wink...13 nvidia gpu 1070 on my rig !!! Cool !!!
http://i12.pixs.ru/storage/8/1/6/201710152p_3679920_28206816.png

Activity: 287
Merit: 100
November 03, 2017, 10:05:30 AM
Can I fire this board right up or are there some changes I'll have to make to have no issues

running from USB (nvoc or smOS)

running 12 cards (1080 TI)

hey VoskCoin - I did update the bios and the drivers from AsRock site.

run my 8 x 1080tis on SMOS with no issues.
Activity: 2
November 03, 2017, 02:34:41 AM
guys i try to run 13 gtx 1060  3gb on asrock h110 and Ethos.

Everytime i get more then 8gpu connected my rig crasches..... and ist not the riser, it cant be that all 5 other risers are broken (i checked one by one the last 5 risers) one of them has started but crashed after 10 minutes.

Now ist like the gpu nr 9 which was mining the 10 minutes now won's start

And it was on mem 4000 and pwr 90 = 17,5   so i didnt overclock too much..... (THE first 8GPU was able to work on mem 4400 4 hours with no crashes )..

Problems started when i connected gpu 9 , 10 11, 12 or 13 ........

i have 2x molex + sata power connected

I also made an Isolation betwen risers so they dont touch each other...

what the füc* is wrong with These Mainboards .... ??

please advice !!

Hi guys we need your help here. I have the same problem with 1 H110 MB. 8 cards P106 works fine, when I connect 9. card rig restarting it self. Same thing is when I connect 9. card on direct on MB.  Smos system with no overclocking. Riser are fine, because I check it.

Another problem is with 3 different H110 MB I have 13 1050Ti cards and rig works fine for a 5-22 hours and then shut down. I mean rig is working but it is not mining, on smos is red line.

But one configuration with H110 MB works without any problem.

My configuration for is:

CPU: celeron 3930
4 GB RAM
MB: H110
Cards: 13 1050TI
PSU: HX1000 Corsair

Another one:

CPU: Celeron 3930
4 GB RAM
MB: H110
Cards 13 P106
PSU: HX 1200

Thank you

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
October 30, 2017, 08:47:13 PM
Can I fire this board right up or are there some changes I'll have to make to have no issues

running from USB (nvoc or smOS)

running 12 cards (1080 TI)
Activity: 1
October 30, 2017, 07:48:19 PM
hi guys first time posting here  Smiley
 I have a rig with this mb and 10 gtx1060 working on smos, my problem is that I install the 10 gpu and after 5 to 10 hours four of them fall, coincidentally those 4 are those that are connected to the white ports, any of you could help me solve this problem or any suggestion that what could it be. I already change the risers and nothing.
Activity: 40
October 27, 2017, 09:28:29 AM
Hi there,

Anyone can help me to find a particular GPU on this MOBO ?

Using ethos, I wand to identyfy GPU8

find-gpu 8 command does not work.

how can I find a particular PCIE-slot with the GPU number given by ethos ?

thanks
Activity: 50
October 26, 2017, 08:52:06 PM
Hi Mikesol

When I have only 4 PCI-E cards Onboard graphics worked fine no any issues, just installed driver on DVD from MB box and that's it.

Now I have 9 cards, monitor connected to one of the EVGA 1070 and don't want to test my luck with current setup, may be some day during maintenance I'll try to switch it on.
Your settings in BIOS are correct, it should work.

I have 7 GPU's installed. Perhaps I should try taking them all out and see if it works then.
Activity: 4
October 26, 2017, 04:16:13 PM
Hi Mikesol

When I have only 4 PCI-E cards Onboard graphics worked fine no any issues, just installed driver on DVD from MB box and that's it.

Now I have 9 cards, monitor connected to one of the EVGA 1070 and don't want to test my luck with current setup, may be some day during maintenance I'll try to switch it on.
Your settings in BIOS are correct, it should work.
Activity: 50
October 26, 2017, 09:37:06 AM
Onboard VGA

Has anyone had any success with the onboard graphics? I am using Win 10 and want to use the built in graphics but am having no luck with it. I have a DVI to 15 pin VGA adapter and have set the BIOS to use ONBOARD as the Primary Graphics Adapter. I have also set IGPU Multi-Monitor to ENABLED which should keep the onboard graphics going when GPU's are plugged in, but all I get is a black screen.
I want to put a row of fans across the front of the cards to help with cooling and they will cover the GPU's ends so cant have a cable sticking out. Anything else I should try?
Activity: 4
October 25, 2017, 04:59:56 AM
I have a rig on this MB, it wasn't easy to get it works, spend a lot of time, got a lot of experience Smiley

Initially MB refuses to load from USB, any type of storage flash drives, CD/DVD.
BIOS was starting normally, USB mouse worked and USB drives were seen in Boot menu and BIOS settings, but after initial booting from any kind of device USB stopped responding, nothing helped, tried change USB settings (Legacy in BIOS), different types of installation media USB sticks, USB CD/DVD, various OS (Win 7, Win 10, Linux). Unfortunately don't have any SATA DVD Reader to install from.
And even when Windows 10 booted to first screen with language and keyboard selection I was unable to select anything, keyboard and mouses didn't work.
I found a few articles that there are problems with USB during OS installation on Intel chipsets. Friend give me PS/2 keyboard and I found PS/2 mouse.
What i did, install Windows 7 using rig's SSD on different PC, and then connected SSD to ASRock MB it started to work, then updated all drivers.
Next issue was - it refuses to running more then 6 cards, regardless of type Nvidia or AMD. That wasn't Power supply, risers or other connections issue, I tried to find solution for several days, but that was definitely software issue, Windows 10 installation resolve issue completely.
So I recommend to use Windows 10 64-bit with this MB or Linux.
Currently running 8x EVGA 1070 FTW/FTW2 + 1x Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro, waiting for PCI-E power cables to connect more cards.

Now next setup is working:
Windows 10  Pro 64bit
CPU - Celeron 3900
RAM - 2x 4Gb
MB - AsRock H100 Pro BTC+
SSD - Corsair Force LS 60Gb
PSU - 1x Corsair HX1200i + Corsair 1x HX1200
8x EVGA 1070 FTW/FTW2 + 1x Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro

If I will expand number of Nvidia cards will have to switch to Linux or buy Radeons only. Already tried nvOC on 1070 EVGA FTW card on my main desktop and liked it, spend some minutes to configure all in one file and you are ready. Just need to play with power and OC setting on live system for better results.
Activity: 95
October 22, 2017, 11:11:34 PM
hi i'm new to mining.. right now I can use both 6 gtx 1070 and 3 rx 580 using ethos. but when I plug the 4th rx580 ethos won't boot. anybody experience the same problem?
You can try simplemining os. If problem not solve then check this card alone which hangs the system
Activity: 95
October 22, 2017, 11:03:02 PM
With the huge popularity of cryptocurrency mining (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin), ASRock is launching a new motherboard with an incredible 13 PCIe slots. During Computex, ASRock will demonstrate the soon-to-be-launched H110 Pro BTC+ motherboard that is dedicated to serve mining users and show how to mine cryptocurrencies and earn Bitcoin efficiently.

http://www.asrock.com/news/index.asp?ID=3625

What do u guys think ? 13 GPUs possible ?

I m using h110 pro btc+ mobo.  Its perfectly working with 13gpus.
Pages:
Jump to: