Pages:
Author

Topic: ASrock H110 Pro BTC+ 13 GPU Board - page 14. (Read 54645 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 11:22:28 PM
@Vann, are you currently able to change CC, mclock, power limit with your AMD and Afterburner 4.3.0?  I'm using AMD Blockchain drivers, but I cannot.  I can only change settings for GTX 1070s.  Do you know if EVGA tool can do this?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
September 27, 2017, 10:22:03 PM
Mixing AMD and Nvidia type cards is only supported on Windows. On Linux you can use up to 13 AMD or Nvidia cards with this board, but they must be the same type for all the cards.

So for the asus b250 mining expert would be the same, 19 amd or 19 nvidia cards, as long as all matches the type. The problem is if one card breaks and cant be replaced, you have to use 18 cards and so on.
September 27, 2017, 09:50:44 PM
SimpleminingOS seems to show they allow both on same rig.  Though I cannot confirm as well.  Will try your suggestions first.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
September 27, 2017, 09:38:07 PM
Thanks Vann, I hope to try this out asap, and get favorable results.  As it is, I have 11 cards, 5 GTX 1070s, and 6 RX 580s, and not being able to get them to work is not only highly frustrating, it's also costly. 

My other question is, seeing all this talk about simplemining, and ETHOS, does it require card to be grouped such as posted above?  Or is this issue with Windows 10 only?

Mixing AMD and Nvidia type cards is only supported on Windows. On Linux you can use up to 13 AMD or Nvidia cards with this board, but they must be the same type for all the cards.
September 27, 2017, 08:47:46 PM
Thanks Vann, I hope to try this out asap, and get favorable results.  As it is, I have 11 cards, 5 GTX 1070s, and 6 RX 580s, and not being able to get them to work is not only highly frustrating, it's also costly. 

My other question is, seeing all this talk about simplemining, and ETHOS, does it require card to be grouped such as posted above?  Or is this issue with Windows 10 only?
September 27, 2017, 08:05:42 PM
I have a bizarre issue that I've been fighting all weekend. Have this board with a celeron and 8gb of ram with a m2 ssd, runs fine with 6 1070s attached to a 1000w psu that also powers the board (900w at the wall) then I tried to add 2 AMD cards... I used a 750w psu that was powering those same 2 (RX480 w/ BIOS mod) cards with a Y cable for turning it on and everything booted up and ran fine for about an hour, then one of the AMD cards dropped out (Claymore dual miner) and the system restarted and that card no longer showed up in device manager. I swapped out the riser and no change, connected to different mobo slot no change, tried many many different things and the one card never lights up or fans spin up like its not getting power. I swapped the 480s out for 470s and it does the same thing, I put the cards back in the machine they came from with the 750w psu and all works fine, I've never run a rig with 2 psus before, is there something I'm missing? I'm powering each riser and the card connected to it from the same psu

@bucketofsocks, I think it's somewhat similar to my case, see below.

Whenever I use 5 rX 580s and 5 GTX 1070s, Claymore will hang as soon as it starts but 5 RX 580s, and 4 GTX 1070s, it goes on without a problem.  I then change my virtual ram from 16 GB to 32 GB, then proceeded with addition of 1 more RX 580s, for a total of 6 RX 580s, with 4 GTX 1070s, it will start mining, then after a while (an hour or less), the machine needs a reboot since it's no longer responsive, and I can see nothing in the screen.  Remote access to this machine doesn't work either.  

But sadly, no one shared insights on this yet.

Jason

I was having similar problems when adding two Nvidia cards together with 8 AMD RX series cards. The mining would crash after about 1-2 hours. I think it's because the H110 chipset only supports 6 native PCI-E lanes. The rest of the PCI-E slots use an expander chip, so it's important to use the same type of cards, either AMD or Nvidia, in each of the PCI-E slot pairs to prevent conflicts.

Ultimatley what solved it for me was moving the two Nvidia cards to the last PCI-E slots on the board, 6_1 and 7_1. In the Bios I also set the all the PCI-E slot speeds to GEN 1, except for the Nvidia cards to GEN 2 (they wouldn't be recognized if set to GEN 1) and I also set the x16 slot to GEN 3. I then removed the drivers in safe mode using DDU and reninstalled the drivers. I installed the AMD blockchain drivers first and the Nvidia 385.12 drivers last. Runs stable now since I did that.

September 27, 2017, 07:52:53 PM
You would think after all this mixed card BS & hassle with Windows people would just use Linux. I don't get it.. To those using windows: If you just tried Linux you'd never go back Wink

Have been wanting to go Linux after all these hassles.  But I've already got 5 GTX 1070s, and 6 RX 580s.  So which OS support mix mining?  ETHOS says it doesn't support it.  Any update on this?

Thanks
September 27, 2017, 05:42:05 AM
I have a bizarre issue that I've been fighting all weekend. Have this board with a celeron and 8gb of ram with a m2 ssd, runs fine with 6 1070s attached to a 1000w psu that also powers the board (900w at the wall) then I tried to add 2 AMD cards... I used a 750w psu that was powering those same 2 (RX480 w/ BIOS mod) cards with a Y cable for turning it on and everything booted up and ran fine for about an hour, then one of the AMD cards dropped out (Claymore dual miner) and the system restarted and that card no longer showed up in device manager. I swapped out the riser and no change, connected to different mobo slot no change, tried many many different things and the one card never lights up or fans spin up like its not getting power. I swapped the 480s out for 470s and it does the same thing, I put the cards back in the machine they came from with the 750w psu and all works fine, I've never run a rig with 2 psus before, is there something I'm missing? I'm powering each riser and the card connected to it from the same psu

@bucketofsocks, I think it's somewhat similar to my case, see below.

Whenever I use 5 rX 580s and 5 GTX 1070s, Claymore will hang as soon as it starts but 5 RX 580s, and 4 GTX 1070s, it goes on without a problem.  I then change my virtual ram from 16 GB to 32 GB, then proceeded with addition of 1 more RX 580s, for a total of 6 RX 580s, with 4 GTX 1070s, it will start mining, then after a while (an hour or less), the machine needs a reboot since it's no longer responsive, and I can see nothing in the screen.  Remote access to this machine doesn't work either. 

But sadly, no one shared insights on this yet.

Jason
September 27, 2017, 05:19:20 AM
@davemanet, you're limited to 8 of a kind in Windows. 

As for me, I don't know why my 5 GTX 1070s doesn't allow me to accept more than 3 RX 580s.  Don't know how to fix this.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
September 27, 2017, 04:44:05 AM
I have 7 gpus working fine, but when I add the 8th one...... my other GPU's start declining.  I'm using 4gb of memory.  Anyone know what might be happening?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
September 27, 2017, 04:03:38 AM
Looks great to me. Being a gpu miner that would be dream motherboard but I'm not sure how they gonna set it up with the core. The motherboard must be cooled properly otherwise it will get burnt in an hour or so. That's really not funny as it can happen with normal 6 PCI card support too.

If they have planned to make something like that then they might have thought of it as well. They should consider the overload capacity of ram too because more the cards the more memory it will need for single motherboard. Wondering how the bus lines on the mother board will react with so much of the hash at single time. It better be perfect on all the dimensions.

This is very confusing. Particularly these parts: "how they gonna set it up with the core" ,  "motherboard must be cooled properly", "overload capacity of ram", "bus lines on the mother board will react with so much of the hash" WTF man?Huh

EDIT: I've got some of those arriving in a few days. Will see how it goes.
Activity: 62
September 27, 2017, 03:48:26 AM
what does everyone consider a normal acceptable level of share rejection? 1%? I have 13x rx580 on this board

What operating system do you use?
September 27, 2017, 01:12:27 AM
Anyone using this board, with Claymore, the the configuration as I have?  5 GTX 1070s, and 5 RX 580s on the same rig? 

Whenever I use 5 rX 580s and 5 GTX 1070s, Claymore will hang as soon as it starts but 5 RX 580s, and 4 GTX 1070s, it goes on without a problem.  I then change my virtual ram from 16 GB to 32 GB, then proceeded with addition of 1 more RX 580s, for a total of 6 RX 580s, with 4 GTX 1070s, it will start mining, then after a while (an hour or less), the machine needs a reboot since it's no longer responsive, and I can see nothing in the screen.  Remote access to this machine doesn't work either. 

Using Windows 10, 64-bit, Claymore miner 10, AMD Blockchain drivers Aug. 23, and latest Nvidia drivers (forgot the version).  The machine has 2 x 4 GB RAM.

Any ideas?  Can't get all 11 cards onto this board and run without problems inside Windows 10.
Activity: 3
September 25, 2017, 04:36:42 AM
I use Ethos 1.2.5 and optiminer 1.7 with 12 RX580 on ASrock H110 Pro BTC+ . Every 9 hours like by timer powertune set from 3 to 7 and cclock from 1250 to 1366. Where problem and how I can fix it?
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
September 24, 2017, 06:10:49 AM
Looks great to me. Being a gpu miner that would be dream motherboard but I'm not sure how they gonna set it up with the core. The motherboard must be cooled properly otherwise it will get burnt in an hour or so. That's really not funny as it can happen with normal 6 PCI card support too.

If they have planned to make something like that then they might have thought of it as well. They should consider the overload capacity of ram too because more the cards the more memory it will need for single motherboard. Wondering how the bus lines on the mother board will react with so much of the hash at single time. It better be perfect on all the dimensions.
September 24, 2017, 05:12:14 AM
1% max is normal. You can lower the rejected share rate by lowering the memory overclock, but the hash rate will also go down. Network latency is also a factor, so you should mine at a pool with a server closest to you.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 24, 2017, 03:54:50 AM
what does everyone consider a normal acceptable level of share rejection? 1%? I have 13x rx580 on this board
September 21, 2017, 10:58:58 PM
No, the back of the risers would short on the metal usb connector in the adjacent slot and the cards would not be recognized. The dropping hash could be from too much overclocking. You can use HWinfo to check for memory errors and ideally ther should be none. If there are more than a few, you should lower the memory clock by 25 MHz until there are no more errors.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
September 21, 2017, 10:33:21 PM
Hello guys,
I was going to pick up one of these but I was dissuaded by the amazon reviews, the two problems they had were:

1. PCI slots too close together, meaning possible shorts(easy fix is just some cardboard.
2. Loose pieces.

Has anybody had these issues?

The PCI-E slots are definetly too close together on the board. I was having GPU's drop caused by the risers shorting. I filed down the back of riser PCI-E 1x connectors and put 2 pieces of electrical tape over the soldering. That has fixed the shorting problem. Otherwise the board has been very stable and is easy to setup. Currently running 8 AMD cards with the blockchain drivers + 2 Nvidia cards with the latest driver on Windows 10.

Now that the Asus B250 Mining Expert board has come out, IMO you are better off going with that board for $30 more instead. A total of 19 PCI-E slots and integrated ATX 24-pin connectors for up to 3 PSU's is a nice feature and the board has a much better layout.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119028

When you say "I was having GPU's drop caused by the risers shorting." do you mean the hash rate dropped?  My cards are getting 28, but i have some go to 25 and stay there.  Is this due to the PCI being too close together?
Activity: 20
September 20, 2017, 04:09:06 PM
I'm having problems running 13 cards on this board, can someone help? I have ubuntu 16.04 installed and when I run 13 cards I get " the system is running in low-graphics mode" and I cannot get into desktop. When I run just 6 cards it works fine. Should I try another OS? Or is there something else I need to do? I have molexs plugged into board. Running duel power 1300w and 1000w, rx570s.
Pages:
Jump to: