Pages:
Author

Topic: At which price will loose Bitcoin the dominance in the Crypto Market? - page 2. (Read 1274 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Bitcoin's current market cap is above 66% of that for all the other altcoins combined. Even if it went down to, say, 40%, BTC still would remain dominant in regards to market capitalization. Bitcoin is the most trusted coin among crypto currencies, and, in fact, all the other alts owe BTC that they are getting any adoption at all. Can any of them replace the king? Maybe, but not in this universe, where, apart from being number one already, Bitcoin has the best team of developers around.
Let's accept the fact that there will be the time that bitcoin will get replaced by a better cryptocurrency. It might be already existing or soon to be released by its developers. Bitcoin is like Nokia which is the pioneer of the cellphone and now it is replaced by the better ones like apple, samsung, huawei and many more. It is not about being the first or being the king, it is about the features and capabilities that you have an advantage on compare to others.
We cannot deny that bitcoin can be replaced but it is never going to be replaced by a coin that is basically using the same technology that bitcoin does as the majority of the coins in the market do, even the ones that are successful, besides you are thinking of bitcoin as if it is a smart phone while bitcoin is more similar to gold, and gold has been around for thousands of years and some economists are asking that we implement the gold standard again so that should give you an idea of how long bitcoin could last.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
For Bitcoin to lose domininance, the price would probably have to drop first. If the price keeps increasing, it’s hard for an altcoin to catch up but it is possible with a coin like Ethereum.

Wrong! When the prices of Bitcoin falls, all other altcoins fall too. The prices of cryptocurrencies are determined by the trust of investors. When the prices of Bitcoins start falling, several holders start selling their bitcoins (weak hands). Such events reduce the overall trust of investors in crypto market. Eventually, other coins fall too. In percentage, bitcoin is still able to maintain its dominance.

So in short, it is wrong to assume that dominance has any correlation with bitcoin's price. Unless any other coin become excessively famous or some kind of flippening happens, bitcoin will continue to maintain its dominance at any price.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
Bitcoin's current market cap is above 66% of that for all the other altcoins combined. Even if it went down to, say, 40%, BTC still would remain dominant in regards to market capitalization. Bitcoin is the most trusted coin among crypto currencies, and, in fact, all the other alts owe BTC that they are getting any adoption at all. Can any of them replace the king? Maybe, but not in this universe, where, apart from being number one already, Bitcoin has the best team of developers around.
Let's accept the fact that there will be the time that bitcoin will get replaced by a better cryptocurrency. It might be already existing or soon to be released by its developers. Bitcoin is like Nokia which is the pioneer of the cellphone and now it is replaced by the better ones like apple, samsung, huawei and many more. It is not about being the first or being the king, it is about the features and capabilities that you have an advantage on compare to others.

That's right, and that's why I mentioned the team of developers. Situations with Nokia and Bitcoin are incomparable, in my opinion. Nokia produced its first mobile phone in 1987, when there were no Internet, or, at least, there were no global internet as we know it today. Nokia, by no means, was regarded as a symbol of freedom and independence by smart people around the world, and even if it were so, those people couldn't cooperate so effective as they can today with the help of the Internet. That's why Nokia lost the game, and Bitcoin will win.
Activity: 378
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
For Bitcoin to lose domininance, the price would probably have to drop first. If the price keeps increasing, it’s hard for an altcoin to catch up but it is possible with a coin like Ethereum.
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
legendary
I stand with Ukraine.
In my own personal opinion, it is impossible for bitcoin to lose it's dominance because a lot of people are putting most of their money in bitcoin than altcoins and a lot of people are depending on bitcoin, so if bitcoin will have a chance to lose it's value definitely every cryptocurrency in the market will also lose it's value.
The dominance of bitcoin over this market seems like it is going to last as long as this market keeps existing, many coins in the past claimed to be better than bitcoin and at that time many people believed in those claims but years later we understand that there is only one bitcoin in this market and it seems as if it is never going to be surpassed so even if the price of bitcoin were to crash now no coin will take its place and this market will simply disappear.
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
In my own personal opinion, it is impossible for bitcoin to lose it's dominance because a lot of people are putting most of their money in bitcoin than altcoins and a lot of people are depending on bitcoin, so if bitcoin will have a chance to lose it's value definitely every cryptocurrency in the market will also lose it's value.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
It is both about bitcoins price but also altcoins price isn't it? I mean if bitcoin goes up and altcoins go down the dominance will go up but if we could somehow get both bitcoin and altcoins go up at the same time we don't have to have a dooms scenario in our hands.

So, what we should focus on is to get people to invest into bitcoin but at the same time show people how awesome other altcoins are as well which would both increase the price of bitcoin but also increase the price of altcoins which would at worst keep the dominance at bay. However, right now there are too many people who trust bitcoin a lot and not altcoins so much, people who trust altcoins are out there all the time, we need to increase the number of those people just like we do for bitcoin.
legendary
I stand with Ukraine.
What will happen when the Bitcoin price rises to over $ 100000. Do people take bitcoin anymore? Or how people will trust bitcoine. If the price goes down from $ 100K to $ 1k, the world economy moves. Because very large capital owners sink.
$ 100k reduction to $ 1000 will not happen in my opinion, unless Bitcoin is rumored to be dead, because Bitcoin is not only owned by 1-2 people, all of them hold bitcoin to be made an investment

I agree with this. Millions of people own BTC these days, and if it hit $100k at least once, it would take many years of bear market to go below $10k after that. Remember that it never went down below $120 after hitting $1,200 in December 2013, and then it never went down below $2k after hitting $20k in December 2017. I think, BTC can descend to 10% of the previous ATH only in the case of a big catastrophe.

And it will never lose its dominance in the Crypto Market. Basically we have two options. Either all the market is dead, or Bitcoin is dominant.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Can Bitcoin weight never shrink? I think it will fall back. However, this may continue for longer. Bitcoin owners do not want prices to fall. This could be better for the Altcoins this year. As long as the bitcoin price is fluctuating, the dominance will be high.

I wonder even more if Bitcoin's price can stay high with market dominance <70%
If its possible - Btc users shouldn't care about dominance and could support new good projects anyway
Anyone can make an estimate for Bitcoin domination. I think a little different. What happens if the Bitcoin price drops too much? What happens if the Bitcoin price drops to $ 10. Maybe a altcoin will declare its independence.

Independence to bitcoin's dominance? Don't you think that bitcoin fall for that price these crypto currencies will fall too? Might die to be exact. Crypto currencies price usually follows the fall of bitcoin and if the price fell that low, then we are also seeing cheap prices of these altcoins.
Yes, the price of bitcoin is the leader or the alpha in the market and the altcoins always depend on the price of bitcoin since all of them have an altcoin to bitcoin pair in the market. Bitcoin is like the face of the cryptocurrency market and if bitcoin fall to a very low price then it means that the end for the market has come.
Altcoins could have a chance of surviving if they actually were trying new ideas and technologies to incorporate to their blockchains, but that is hard, so most of them just copy the code of bitcoin or the code of one of the few successful coins and then claim they are doing something new when deep down they know they are lying, and as such they will forever depend on bitcoin and even if at some point bitcoin had a value of zero all altcoins will follow bitcoin to the end and disappear with it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
Can Bitcoin weight never shrink? I think it will fall back. However, this may continue for longer. Bitcoin owners do not want prices to fall. This could be better for the Altcoins this year. As long as the bitcoin price is fluctuating, the dominance will be high.
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
Anyone can make an estimate for Bitcoin domination. I think a little different. What happens if the Bitcoin price drops too much? What happens if the Bitcoin price drops to $ 10. Maybe a altcoin will declare its independence.

Independence to bitcoin's dominance? Don't you think that bitcoin fall for that price these crypto currencies will fall too? Might die to be exact. Crypto currencies price usually follows the fall of bitcoin and if the price fell that low, then we are also seeing cheap prices of these altcoins.
Yes, the price of bitcoin is the leader or the alpha in the market and the altcoins always depend on the price of bitcoin since all of them have an altcoin to bitcoin pair in the market. Bitcoin is like the face of the cryptocurrency market and if bitcoin fall to a very low price then it means that the end for the market has come.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

Activity: 840
Merit: 253
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
Bitcoin needs to lose market dominance. Because the price of any other project can not rise. Altcoins can't find a space for themselves. New investors are also investing in bitcoin. New investors now have to choose altcoins instead of Bitcoins. I think Bitcoin dominance will start dropping after $ 128,000.
Bitcoin does not have to do anything especially lose market dominance, if the market was full of great projects and developers ready to make anything to improve the code of bitcoin then you may have a point but since that is not what we have in the market of cryptocurrencies we are stuck with a bitcoin that is extremely dominant and that most likely it will get even more dominant in the future as the average person decides to enter in the market.
Actually we have a lot of great projects but the thing is they are not Bitcoin so people could not care that much about it. Bitcoin founded a very stable reputation for most of the people here who believes on it, there is no reason for people to just jump into another cryptocurrency. And given the fact that bitcoin's price is huge, people are just so eager holding it expecting to get a profit with it. One thing is for sure, bitcoin will not lose its market dominance at least in the next decade, it is bad if it does.
Even if the price is low we keep working with bitcoin because bitcoin is one of the best coin that people have trust on. Bitcoin will be loved by people no matter how low price is as mostly people get advantage of that volatility and buy at low price and sell high. Price does not matter for investment but time matters so buy more if the price falls.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
Bitcoin needs to lose market dominance. Because the price of any other project can not rise. Altcoins can't find a space for themselves. New investors are also investing in bitcoin. New investors now have to choose altcoins instead of Bitcoins. I think Bitcoin dominance will start dropping after $ 128,000.
Bitcoin does not have to do anything especially lose market dominance, if the market was full of great projects and developers ready to make anything to improve the code of bitcoin then you may have a point but since that is not what we have in the market of cryptocurrencies we are stuck with a bitcoin that is extremely dominant and that most likely it will get even more dominant in the future as the average person decides to enter in the market.
Actually we have a lot of great projects but the thing is they are not Bitcoin so people could not care that much about it. Bitcoin founded a very stable reputation for most of the people here who believes on it, there is no reason for people to just jump into another cryptocurrency. And given the fact that bitcoin's price is huge, people are just so eager holding it expecting to get a profit with it. One thing is for sure, bitcoin will not lose its market dominance at least in the next decade, it is bad if it does.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
What will happen when the Bitcoin price rises to over $ 100000. Do people take bitcoin anymore? Or how people will trust bitcoine. If the price goes down from $ 100K to $ 1k, the world economy moves. Because very large capital owners sink.

When that happen I think there are some coin that will be incoming from the high value of bitcoin and soon it will dump also because a lot of person do sell their money. When the price gains a low value then soon it would recover because time is unlimited and there are a lot of things that are possible to happen.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
Pages:
Jump to: