Pages:
Author

Topic: Atheism brougth us nothing good! - page 3. (Read 1829 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
August 07, 2017, 01:16:50 PM
Atheism is depressing only because you'd believe that you're practically on your own in this world. Whether that would be actually depressing would depend on the persons temperament though. Some might sulk while some might see it as a challenge to take full control and responsibility for their lives.

So the 'least religious' nation is the western world appears to be on a bit of a downward trajectory. We will all get to watch the consequences as they play out slowly over the coming years.

Much of this was after they let in all those "immigrants". Their problem was that living in peace and happiness for a long time has somehow made them a bit more trusting. Rather mean comparison but it's like the dodos. They never had any predators so when humans came in, they'd even just walk towards people expecting no harm.

As for the suicide rates, imagine going to an amusement park, on your own, after a really bad break up. All the happiness around you just amplify the sadness inside. If everyone's happy but you are not, you start to think that the problem is you.

Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
August 07, 2017, 11:33:04 AM
Atheist always want us to believe that our countries are doing so much better now that people are getting less religious!

But all that i see is:
-more depression and less simple happiness
-more organised crime (done by our governments)
-more rudeness
-more stress

What is your idea on this?

The exact opposite is true...

Atheist countries have the least crime, and the happiest people

Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, Switzerland, Australia, etc... predominantly atheist countries top this list, and all the countries at the bottom are highly religious

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Happiness_Report
1: Norway (atheist)
2: Denmark (atheist)
3: Iceland (atheist)
4: Switzerland (atheist)
5: Finland (atheist)
6: Netherlands (atheist)
7: Canada (atheist)
8: New Zealand (atheist/christian)
9: Australia (atheist/christian)
10: Sweden (atheist)
11: Israel (jewish/atheist)
14: United States (christian)
25: Mexico (christian)
37: Saudi Arabia (muslim)
151: Rwanda (christian)
152: Syria (muslim)
153: Tanzania (christian)
154: Burundi (christian)
155: Central African Republic (christian)

Your data is pretty interesting but I don't i think it is very true. I did an Internet search on some of the successful countries on your list, most still identifies as Christians...
The claim that developed Western countries are full of atheists is myth.

Blame Bigotry for bad behaviors not Religion.

And my simple definition of Bigotry (not dictionary definition) is :  Aggressively holding on to beliefs or opinions that aren't proven to be true          

Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
August 07, 2017, 11:25:53 AM
Atheist always want us to believe that our countries are doing so much better now that people are getting less religious!

But all that i see is:
-more rudeness
-more stress

Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, Switzerland, Australia, etc... predominantly atheist countries top this list, and all the countries at the bottom are highly religious

Your data is pretty interesting but I don't i think it is very true. I did an Internet search on some of the successful countries on your list, most still identifies as Christians...
The claim that developed Western countries are full of atheists is myth.

Blame Bigotry for bad behaviors not Religion.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
August 07, 2017, 11:23:00 AM
Atheism brought us more positive things then religion, atheism thought you to act as yourself and think for yourself rather then following rlues written in a book that has been written by people that wanted to control you.
I don't see any atheist driving over people with a truck for the sake of science.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 07, 2017, 11:17:56 AM
not precisely true. people who don't openly profess their religion and beliefs are often perceived as non believers and atheist. but even these people do believe in doing good and working hard and being fair, which is after all what religion teaches us, to co exist harmoniously and prosper.
all people do nowadays is not be superstitious or have blind faith, and this is good because none of those ever did anything beneficial for anybody
Activity: 226
Merit: 102
August 07, 2017, 11:02:49 AM
No actually there is much more depression between people. Atheism brought us something that we should not do. It is like we are forgetting how lucky we are actually and running for something that we are not going to reach. And the life just go past us.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 07, 2017, 09:56:42 AM
I agree, also it gave us another thing:

- More science stupidity and people worshiping the scientific community becauset that's their new god in their Secular Humanist world. So they beileve Al Gore and whatever other crap the scientific majority pushes out.

It always amuses me when someone mocks science while using a computer, cell phone, and all the wonderful things science has brought us (while failing to spell words properly)

Without science the life expectancy would be 30 years old, you wouldn't have a car, cell phone, computer, electricity, etc... you would be living like the Amish

Hey stupid now that we're down to personal attacks the scientific didn't make those things happen it was private corporations and the military funding universities that did that. Now those corporations want a carbon tax and more enslavement so they push the scientific community to run fake climate studies and drug trials with faked results to submit to the FDA.

What personal attack?  Are you mad that I pointed out your poor spelling?
That isn't a personal attack, it's simply an observation... the more religious a person is, the worse their spelling... it simply points out the lack of education surrounding religious folk... probably why they are so opposed to science (they don't understand it due to poor quality education)

People always seem to fear that which they do not understand... don't be scared... do some research into things you don't understand (like atheism) and you will not fear it

If you think I made a personal attack, do you not admit you started it?
"More science stupidity" "So they beileve(sp) Al Gore and whatever other crap"
Sounds very offensive to me... ignorant as well
"people worshiping the scientific community"
Really?  You seriously think Atheists "worship" science?  Are you that stupid?  Do you think Atheists worship Satan too?  Where do you get these ideas?

the scientific didn't make those things happen
Learn some grammar!
Are you trying to say science didn't extend life expectancy (medicine), invent computers, cell phones and cars?

How do you think things get invented without science?  God made computers and cars?
Activity: 420
Merit: 266
August 07, 2017, 09:16:21 AM
I think that atheism does not give us anything very bad. On the contrary, atheism is a manifestation of critical thinking, which is good. And also agnosticism is a kind of atheism, it warns us against premature radical judgments.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 07, 2017, 08:31:26 AM
I think that this is a wrong opinion. Atheism or another religion can not bring happiness or introduce a person into depression only if one does not become obsessed with these directions. In addition, there is a lot of crime among believing people who then go to church to pray for sins.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
August 07, 2017, 04:56:34 AM

But all that i see is:
-more rudeness
-more stress

I am not an atheist as I am a christian but my take on this is, if atheism did not do is anything good t also goes that religion did not bring us unity and properity as well. Which for me means that it is up to the people on what he/she do with his/her life on this world. No matter on what we believe in if we goal for the greater good then we would achieve it but if we breed enmity and hostility towards each other it would bring us closet and closer to our ruin
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
August 07, 2017, 04:16:01 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
August 07, 2017, 01:15:52 AM

But all that i see is:
-more rudeness
-more stress

Unless you got some proof I do not see how can you blame that on atheism, that is happening all over the globe not only in countries where atheism is the strongest.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
August 07, 2017, 12:37:57 AM

I backpacked through Sweden 14 years ago. It was very nice back then. Lets take a moment and take a look at Sweden from a broad view.

Sweden is the 'least religious' nation in Western world
https://www.thelocal.se/20150413/swedes-least-religious-in-western-world
Almost eight out of ten Swedes are either "not religious" or "convinced atheists", according to a new global study that concludes the Nordic nation is the least religious in the West.

So what has been going on lately in the 'least religious' nation in the Western world. Well unfortunately crime rates are rising.

Yes, Violent Crime Has Spiked In Sweden
http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/01/yes-violent-crime-spiked-sweden-since-open-immigration/

Sweden’s official statistics do show increases in “lethal violence” (which includes murder, manslaughter and other deadly assaults) and sexual offenses  over the past ten years. Between 2006 and 2015 the incidence of “lethal violence” does fluctuate, but there is a sharp 65 percent spike from 2012 to 2015. In the same period, there was also an almost 49 percent increase in sexual offenses (a category including, among other offenses, rape). Looking at rape by itself, from 2006-2015 there was a 40 percent increase in the number of reported rapes.

Depression among the Sweedish youth is climbing.

Why Sweden's Youth Take More Antidepressants than Ever
https://www.vice.com/sv/article/jm9g38/why-the-sales-of-antidepressants-are-skyrocketing-in-sweden-123
The numbers of young Swedes reporting that they suffer from depression, anxiety or other mental health disorders has risen in the last 30 years. That increase has in turn led to a significant rise in prescriptions of antidepressants. In fact, according to the Swedish health authorities, antidepressant prescriptions increased by 36 percent between 2006 and 2012.

Here is a blog report from someone who backpacked through Sweeden last year. Although this is an individual report and must be taken as such he describes a country that sounds nothing like the place I visited 14 years ago.

Sweden Has Committed Suicide - A Letter From Stockholm
http://russia-insider.com/en/sweden-has-committed-suicide/ri17150
To those who haven’t heard, Sweden is the butt of just about every joke on the internet. Swedish men are mocked for their effeminacy and the country’s “tolerant” attitude towards migrants astounds many people. It is hard to believe some of the news stories about rapings, gropings and cultural marxist insanity that come out of Sweden on a weekly basis.

I assumed much of this was hyperbole, but I was so painfully, agonizingly, and completely DEAD WRONG.

But but they are happy right? So its all well and good? Sweden has consistently ended up high on happiness lists thanks to relatively strong social support and affluence. However, there are rumblings that this is starting to change.  Swedish happiness looks to be dropping.

Swedes drop to world's tenth happiest country
https://www.thelocal.se/20160316/swedes-drop-to-worlds-tenth-happiest-country
Are Swedes no longer as happy as they used to be? According to a new report Sweden has dropped to the world's 10th happiest country, down from fifth place three years ago.

So the 'least religious' nation is the western world appears to be on a bit of a downward trajectory. We will all get to watch the consequences as they play out slowly over the coming years.

Activity: 373
Merit: 262
August 07, 2017, 12:19:36 AM
It always amuses me when someone mocks science while using a computer, cell phone, and all the wonderful things science has brought us (while failing to spell words properly)
Hey stupid now that we're down to personal attacks the scientific didn't make those things happen it was private corporations and the military funding universities that did that. Now those corporations want a carbon tax and more enslavement so they push the scientific community to run fake climate studies and drug trials with faked results to submit to the FDA.
Activity: 910
August 06, 2017, 11:55:04 PM

- More science stupidity and people worshiping the scientific community becauset that's their new god in their Secular Humanist world. So they beileve Al Gore and whatever other crap the scientific majority pushes out.

Without science the life expectancy would be 30 years old, you wouldn't have a car, cell phone, computer, electricity, etc... you would be living like the Amish

There should always be a resistant because we can't also deny the fact that science is imperfect and that what makes the world balance. If science can explain anything then we should live perfectly but no that is quite impossible.
August 06, 2017, 11:40:59 PM

Activity: 373
Merit: 262
August 06, 2017, 11:19:31 PM

August 06, 2017, 11:06:56 PM

But all that i see is:
-more rudeness
-more stress

Activity: 910
August 06, 2017, 10:20:04 PM
I agree, even if we have to respect there personal opinions. I still cannot agree to the way they tell people about anything but most especially when it comes to everyones religion.
Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co
August 06, 2017, 10:05:33 PM
Spiritualism is cool.
But we cannot relate all these problems to atheism.
It's all how our society is. We have developed our-self this way.
Pages:
Jump to: