Pages:
Author

Topic: Attention Theymos: This is a sMerit holdup! Hands in the air! - page 3. (Read 21790 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Did you submit an application in Meta?  If you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to do so.  Theymos hasn't responded here, nor have I gotten any additional sMerits (though I just started this thread yesterday), but you might luck out if he decides to take a look at merit source applications and add some new sources.

Yeah I did that almost 2 years ago.. it's still quiet.
I did put a lot of time and effort in this forum with the hope to make it a better place, and it changed for good, for which I'm happy. I asked only for to be a source, and never heard from theymos again.
I wasnt really active the past months but life turned 180° last year (sad story) and I couldn't spent all that time here like I did before, it's getting better now and again if theymos need a hand in the merit, I am here.
Stay safe guys... love ya
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
How can you tell how many merit sources have dropped out?
You can't know exactly, because there is no official list of Merit sources. But we know There are 97 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 21171 sMerit per 30 days.
I checked the last 30 days in my merit.all.txt (large file): 13061 Merit sent in 7815 transactions. Not all of those are sent by Merit sources, so it could very well be Merit sources use less than half of their allocated source each month.

I don't know how it is with others but I never have enough merits available and I can't reward all quality posts with merits.
If there really are merit sources that don't spend all available merits, it might be a good idea to reduce the amount of merit available to such members and increase it for those who don't have enough merits.
I know that only theymos have all the data and can answer this question but it seems to me that the right time has come for certain changes in this area.
It would be nice to see the new merit sources, we already have a lot of quality applications in the Meta.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
I don't see theymos changing the frequency at which source sMerit is refilled, however it would probably be appropriate to evaluate how many source sMerit each source has considering how many merit sources have gone inactive and how much source sMerit has effectively become unavailable.   
Question: How can you tell how many merit sources have dropped out?  I thought there was in fact a way to look that up, but if there is, I've long since forgotten how.  I know Jet Cash was a merit source, but he hasn't been active for a while.  TMAN was one, too, if I'm not mistaken.  He's been gone for even longer at this point.  [By the way, anyone know whatever happened to xtraelv?]

I agree with you, though.  If there has been anything close to a mass exodus of merit sources, Theymos ought to either up the amount of sMerits allocated to active sources or tap some new merit sources.  I'm pretty sure there are some applications that have gone unacknowledged.

You have to know who is a merit source. There are a couple of threads that keep track of who at one point is a merit source- they know because they keep track of how many merit they had when the merit system was introduced, how many merit they received and how many merit they spent. If they spend more sMerit than they should have if they didn’t have source merit, they are a merit source.

TMAN was a merit source that had a high allocation and I don’t think this has changed despite him being inactive for a year+. The same is true for Flying Helfish, although I don’t think he has been inactive for as long. I’m sure other merit sources have gone inactive over time.

Also, although I have a source merit allocation of 100 merit per month, and I often have zero available source merit, I don’t spend 100 source merit per month. Source merit is replenished 30 days after it is spent, but I may not spend replenished source merit as soon as it is available, it may take a few days for me to spend it, so I might spend 100 source merit every 32 or so days. If this is true for all merit sources, the actual amount of source merit is actually lower than the published amount available.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Achtung!!!  

Theymos...
Have you tried PMing theymos and asking him directly? In my experience, he is quite responsive to things that concern the forum. When I had some doubts in the past, I PMed him and he responded. When I found some bugs, he even checked back after he corrected them to see if everything is OK now. Make him aware of this thread and your request, you have got nothing to lose. Unless he bans you for unsolicited PMs Shocked   
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
How can you tell how many merit sources have dropped out?
You can't know exactly, because there is no official list of Merit sources. But we know There are 97 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 21171 sMerit per 30 days.
I checked the last 30 days in my merit.all.txt (large file): 13061 Merit sent in 7815 transactions. Not all of those are sent by Merit sources, so it could very well be Merit sources use less than half of their allocated source each month.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
I don't see theymos changing the frequency at which source sMerit is refilled, however it would probably be appropriate to evaluate how many source sMerit each source has considering how many merit sources have gone inactive and how much source sMerit has effectively become unavailable.   
Question: How can you tell how many merit sources have dropped out?  I thought there was in fact a way to look that up, but if there is, I've long since forgotten how.  I know Jet Cash was a merit source, but he hasn't been active for a while.  TMAN was one, too, if I'm not mistaken.  He's been gone for even longer at this point.  [By the way, anyone know whatever happened to xtraelv?]

I agree with you, though.  If there has been anything close to a mass exodus of merit sources, Theymos ought to either up the amount of sMerits allocated to active sources or tap some new merit sources.  I'm pretty sure there are some applications that have gone unacknowledged.

I'm also lurking in the forum when I have the time, so if theymos decides that he might need a new merit source. I'm still available. Currency out of smerit. I still have a merit source on a speed dial but I would like to continue on my own.
Did you submit an application in Meta?  If you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to do so.  Theymos hasn't responded here, nor have I gotten any additional sMerits (though I just started this thread yesterday), but you might luck out if he decides to take a look at merit source applications and add some new sources.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
I'm also lurking in the forum when I have the time, so if theymos decides that he might need a new merit source. I'm still available. Currency out of smerit. I still have a merit source on a speed dial but I would like to continue on my own.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Achtung!!!  

Theymos, I'm bumping this 2.5 year old thread in the hopes that you'll see it and hear my plea for more merit source sMerits.  I've already posted a request in this thread, which went unheard.  For the last 2-3 days at least I've been steadily running out of them, and they don't seem to be refilling fast enough.  I know merit-giving isn't a contest, but I do watch LoyceV's monthly updates to his merit data analysis thread and Coin-1's related thread and when I do I see members like LoyceV and suchmoon handing out so many merits that there's no way I could even come close to their monthly total.  And sure, they also earn a lot of merits as well but I have to assume they've been getting a very generous allotment of source sMerits as well.

So please....PLEASE....can you either airdrop me a big care package of sMerits (you don't even have to tie a bow around it) or at least increase the rate at which my source sMerits are topped up?  

Since I haven't heard a word about what you, Theymos, think about how the merit system is working, I've no clue what your plans are as far as increasing the amount of circulating merits, adding new merit sources, etc.  All I know is that I'm a merit source without any to give, and that's a problem.

Thanks in advance,

Sceptical Chymist.
copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

Did you even take a second to anaylse what just happened here  ?

No one is undermining another here solely for being a low ranked member, If your contribution is genuine and based on your ideas it doesn't matter what your rank is.
Hey mate i think you haven't read my comment carefully. I just told about new users thread posting relative views not mentioned that anyone underestimating low rank members here. I think you got the point.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
@TalkStar, nguyet91btc is a copy and paste offender and he'll be be getting banned soon. What must lower rank user don't understand is,  each time they show some interest in begging for merit they espose their account to intends investigation and their wrong doings will be expose for moderators to handle. Actually I won't ask them to stop because they make the busting much more easier. You beg for merit, you invite your account for investigation and you get the reward you deserve (Ban for breaking forum rules or merit for quality posting).
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 793
Sometimes it really hurts me when i see someone like me try to share his/her thoughts by opening a thread but many guys comment flawlessly that this user is begging  for Merits. Is it because we are low rank members?

Did you even take a second to anaylse what just happened here  ?

No one is undermining another here solely for being a low ranked member, If your contribution is genuine and based on your ideas it doesn't matter what your rank is.

@nguyet91btc Just bumped a thread of over 20 days ago, which was already buried. And afaik could have gotten merits from Loyce if his his postbor post history were reasonable enough or just his ideas.

copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675
Giving merits to some one isn't just a reward for his/her creativity & excellenc. Its also encourage that person to deliver more exceptional thoughts & ideas in future. There's maybe some users here who doesn't like to spend their smerit. Perhaps still now they haven't find enough worthy user to spend their smerit.

Personally i feel so encouraging when i get merit from someone here. I always ready to appreciate that i am a apprentice who is trying to learn and follow the lead of my seniors. In real senses one merit can change the entire view of a new user. For us merit isn't everything, we need everyones guidance & acceptation.

Sometimes it really hurts me when i see someone like me try to share his/her thoughts by opening a thread but many guys comment flawlessly that this user is begging  for Merits. Is it because we are low rank members?

I want to tell them plz don't take us as an enemy. Take us as your student. Maybe once upon a time you were someone like us but now you established your own reputation here. Inspiring new users isn't a scam. Obiously users will try their best to achieve their merit by showing his excellence not by begging.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I hope in the future you can increase sMerit every month to reward low-ranking members like me who have good articles for the community.
Thank you so much for posting here! I just checked your post history for good posts to Merit, you can expect your reward soon.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
I fully support this idea. For the first time I saw a source of merit complaining about not being enough of Merit. I would not mind if any source of merit depleted their distribution and spread their merit reasonably would have a trace. I hope in the future you can increase sMerit every month to reward low-ranking members like me who have good articles for the community.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
This, The Pharmacist, is the guy I believe I should hand over my merits easily (I don't doubt on my own efficiency, but watching a decent merit-giver asking for sMerits and he who always have been giving only with both hands, should be able to give more without any difficulties) as I believe that he has been very much active in this merit-sharing mania  Wink and I feel he's the perfect crazy-enough guy who knows what he's been doing. Pharmacist, neither it's a help nor is it a favor, you needed them, now you have them. So, no more excuses and get back to work.  Grin Cool
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
does that also mean my replenishment schedule is also reset.

Yes. Pace yourself Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Whenever a merit source's source amount is adjusted upward or downward, it is immediately completely replenished. This'll be a factor.

my smerits were just increased. so the amount i just saw is the monthly smerit i have to send every month. does that also mean my replenishment schedule is also reset. like if i send all smerits in the next 5 days they are gone till 30 days of the last smerit sent, ie 25 days with none? it wont use the previous sent schedule of so many a day over the last 30 days?

i sometimes tend to merit in spurts till they are gone (well if less than like 10-15 or so) so i have tried to more or less time them to get some every couple day or so. i hate being out for days at a time. do i need to time giving these new ones out for the next month as to not to be out of new ones for days?
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…> please dont pretend of being a nice guy by giving smerits to newbies as far as im here you arent giving a single merit to lower ranks from the past few months <…>
Let’s see if The Pharmacist has given merit to the lower ranks ... Considering all Merit System history, and bearing in mind that these are the current ranks of those merited by him (and not the ranks at the time of the actual sMerit awarding) we’ve got:

Current rank   nMerited
Newbie          14
Jr. Member     33
Member         64

That makes 111 distinct currently lower rank profiles merited by The Pharmacist at some point or other. There are bags more of data I could draw-up, but the above is succinct enough to addresses and refute the assertion as it stands (and falls …).

Bad The Pharmacist. Not so bad The Pharmacist.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Dont expect too much privilege from theymos you  not SPECIAL HERE ,and you are one of those abusing the current trust system please dont pretend of being a nice guy by giving smerits to newbies as far as im here you arent giving a single merit to lower ranks from the past few months and you are just giving it to higher ranks that you know of and what makes your ass turn?

Why scared mate?  Be a man and post this with your main account and for your information he has been rewarded with higher allocation of smerit from Theymos and ask you can see he's also receiving more smerits from this topic. Also looking at his merit history I believe he's doing just fine.

That makes 111 distinct currently lower rank profiles merited by The Pharmacist at some point or other.

So what's burakike saying? Can someone search to find his main account because I'm force to believe this isn't.
Pages:
Jump to: